THE BROWNS BOARD

The Mobile QB Beat the Pocket Passer--New Era Born

Soju

granted it's only half time but I dont see Denver coming back barring a miracle.

What does this game reveal? It shows that mobile QBs are officially in and stand in the pocket qbs are now 2nd rate, not as attractive, behind in the times, obsolete.

Browns will now take manzeil or another mobile qb, gaurantee it.

Even though Seattle's defense has everything to do with the lead, the QB will take the glory.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

granted it's only half time but I dont see Denver coming back barring a miracle.

What does this game reveal? It shows that mobile QBs are officially in and stand in the pocket qbs are now 2nd rate, not as attractive, behind in the times, obsolete.

Browns will now take manzeil or another mobile qb, gaurantee it.

Even though Seattle's defense has everything to do with the lead, the QB will take the glory.

LOL this game makes no statement either way on mobile vs pocket QB's. This makes one hell of a case to build a dominant defense.

Wilson had 3 rushing attempts... 26 yards. Big Ben does more in a game. Hell, Hoyer is on that level too. They are more pocket passer than mobile IMO. Maybe more "balanced" actually.

Peyton manning is the better QB. Seattle is the better team.

I just disagree with the new thread title. Seattle won with an amazing defense and a QB who ran things well, but he isn't a new era mobile, read option QB. He certainly didn't win by mobility.

He opened some throwing lanes by going out of the pocket, but that's because he's 5'10" and smart so he has to do that.

if you want to copy on how to win in the nfl then copy the seahawks.

not so mobile QB that manages the game well, power rushing game (OL and a brusier and a speed guy RB) and a smothering defense made up of tall fast LB and DB/S corp.

not so mobile QB that manages the game well, power rushing game (OL and a brusier and a speed guy RB) and a smothering defense made up of tall fast LB and DB/S corp.

Yes. Wilson helped, but he was far from the sole reason they won. That defense was something the broncos haven't seen all year.

Defensive teams win. Look at Baltimore too.

Yes. Wilson helped, but he was far from the sole reason they won. That defense was something the broncos haven't seen all year.

Defensive teams win. Look at Baltimore too.

yes DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

(i've only posted that statement 4 times already on this board after seattle's win.........)

The Seahawks are bursting with talent. LT,LG are both first rounders, C 2nd, wr 1st and 2nd, two lb's 1st and 2nd,

and otherwise, they found gems later in the draft. Kam Chancellor is one, as well as Sherman.

I heard some analyst say the Seahawks are known to draft guys who are hungry, and love the game.

I think Peyton will retire, his arm looks like he should.

LOL this game makes no statement either way on mobile vs pocket QB's. This makes one hell of a case to build a dominant defense.

Yup... Using this SB I can make the same case for a game manager at QB.

With very few exceptions what the Seahawks are, has been the winning recipe since forever...

I heard some analyst say the Seahawks are known to draft guys who are hungry, and love the game.

I think Peyton will retire, his arm looks like he should.

Employees who LOVE whatever they do for a living helps any business succeed.

Speaking of which... despite Peyton setting a SB record for completions (yup, he did), I do not see him "going out" on this game. He loves it too much.

"Mobile" doesn't mean "read option".

I don't understand what's hard about that concept.

Yea, but I'd venture to say Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady were/are just as mobile as Wilson.

Most every good qb can escape pressure in the pocket. That's pretty much all the mobility I saw from Wilson.

soooo that was the first time you'd seen him?

No, but I had a few beers during the SB soo. Just saying, during the super bowl he didn't win by using his mobile qualities too much.

I just don't like the thread title, tbh. There's no new era and seattle would have won with Brady Quinn under center.

Employees who LOVE whatever they do for a living helps any business succeed.

Speaking of which... despite Peyton setting a SB record for completions (yup, he did), I do not see him "going out" on this game. He loves it too much.Tour

Yeah, he sure did complete em...he's a brilliant qb. And he loves it. Amazing - and maybe he might

stay one more year. Or maybe he was playing hurt or something. But he does need some offensive linemen,

and more than Welker to beat the likes of Seattle, a team with no weaknesses at all. It would be ironic

to have him eventually retire, and take a qb coaching/fo job with Elway and the Broncos, eh?

But despite Peyton being arguably the best qb ever? His yards per pass was 5.7. That's kinda

telling, I think. And Denver only managed 1.9 yards per rush. Your right though, Peyton will

probably come back again - but they need to beef up their secondary, and offensive line.

Archived