THE BROWNS BOARD

Lombardi out?

jcam222

The biggest bust on the list was undoubtedly JaMarcus Russell. I remember that time. Pretty well. As I recall just about every football pundit was singing his praises and there was talk amongst quarterback strapped teams of trading up for the big dumb goat. So... Plus I loved Eric Zeier.

;)

WSS

To be fair, I expected jamarcus to have the same type of career cam newton is having.

Jamarcus turned out to be dumber and lazier than Cam though.

if Lombardi was worthy of a front office position he wouldn't have spent five years without one, that's as far as the argument needs to go.

Yep!

I am the one who 1st posted Lombardi's draft record & someone stated that Al Davis made the picks there, not Lombardi. My response to that is that, if true, he didn't function as a GM. Lombardi is, at the very least, not qualified to serve as GM. To me, the hire should also have Banner under a microscope, although Banner DID come here with a seemingly solid track record.

Changing/decreasing Lombardi's function might be a positive step, BUT if Jimmy wants credibility with Browns' Fans, he'll get him the hell OUT of Cleveland (BEFORE this FA/draft period).

Perception is reality.

Mike

Steve Everitt was not bad.....but, it is a very, very poor track record.

Unless you're a total Retard, drafting a center in the first round- assuming the talent is there is about one of the safest picks you can make. The Pounceys and Mack bear that out.

Let's also not forgot Lombardi criticized the josh gordon pick when he worked for the NFLN.

I haven't forgotten- I hope Haslam hasn't either.

He had a monstrous draft class in 2000.

It will forever be a mystery who was calling the shots in Oakland- If Lombardi had more than minimal input on any of them, he's undeserving of being a talent evaluator. OK Ray Guy finally made the HOF, and Janikowski is a great kicker- but you want to talk about wasting draft position? Both of them could have been had way lower in the draft.

if Lombardi was worthy of a front office position he wouldn't have spent five years without one, that's as far as the argument needs to go.

Yup, I've pointed that out several times. Even with the draft coming up. Lombardi is totally unnecessary. (the scouts have done all the work) I'd trust Farmer in the War Room 10x better than I would MIke.

It would also put Banner on the hot seat for a bad personnel decision.

Archived