THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Professional Sports

WarrenDawg

1) It may seem silly, but I go with the Browns. They are a young team with a good bit of talent, ownership that is (IMHO) committed to winning, Not many pieces needed to become contenders & current talent not "aging out" before the pieces are in place. We'll see, but this young, aggressive Coaching staff may be a huge part. Again, time will tell.

As far as the others (just my opinions):

2) Cavs...Gilbert will spend the money, but Brown won't get them there. At least he got rid of Grant.

3) Indians...Not as long as Dolan owns them. We'll see how long Francona enjoys the chopped liver they keep putting on his plate. Dolan will NOT obtain OR retain top talent.

Mike

Browns have a good young nucleus, lots of high draft picks and good cap room, so I'd say they have a shot in the next 2-3 years.

Cavs are a mess right now, it's sad to see. Unless Lebron is coming back and bringing some balers with him ... No.

Indians are well managed and will play hard, but I don't see a championship roster in place, or forming soon.

Z

I'd have to say the Indians. It's clear to see that the World Series is won and lost by dominant pitching, and the Indians have a lot of good, young talent in that regard. If they can just finally find a true clean up hitter, I genuinely believe they could compete for the ring this year even (especially because the bum perez won't be closing this year). With Tito managing, I think they're prime to hit that 2-3 year window lower payroll teams get when prospects work out and before they leave for money.

Next is the Browns for sure. Give the Brownies a QB who is actually franchise level. Even if that guy is landed, it still usually takes a few years or so before said team becomes title contenders (See Colts, Seahawks). Again, that's all based around a player we don't have though.

Lastly the poor Cavs. The team is still reeling from the loss of Lebron and despite what anyone will tell you, we'd kill a man to get him back. But for some reason I don't see Lebron leaving beautiful sunny Miami where he's won two rings to come to Cleveland. It's a lot more likely Irving leaves to Miami and the Heat start winning again. It's a vicious cycle that takes NBA franchies sometimes decades to get out of.

The Tribe bye a MILE!!!!!!! You all know I get jacked up about the Tribe!!!!! Some of you had to eat crow last yr because I called sayin the Tribe were playoff bound ( 1 game sucks, but playoffs regardless) They have Pitching plus I think JImenez will be back to add more depth to the pitching!!!!! They have a real solid lineup, solid bullpen, and solid pitching. Plus the tigers pitching will not have another yr like last with Max Sherser 24-4 something like that. They should win the Division this yr, and if they get hot at the right time they could win it this yr!!!!!!

The Browns are a long ways away from being Superbowl champs Sorry!!!! Lets compare This yrs Champs to the Browns

Coaching- HMMM Seattle

Running Back- Beast Mode Seattle

QB- WHo is our QB- Seattle

WR- HMM Seattle ( Gordon is 1 man)

TE- Ok Cleveland

Oline- Again Beast MODE Seattle

Special Teams- Seattle

Defense- Raeally Do I need to say anything Seattle Period

So if you want to be the Champs you have to be better than the champs, and I do not know if we have more than 10 spots better than Seattle

Where are we better

Left Tackle

WR1

TE1

Thats about it

Ward and Haden are not better than what Seattle has, so where does that leave us???

Than the Cavs- NIGHTMARE

Might have helped if I'd actually comprehended that the question was "who will" and not "who do you want to"... but I still go with the Browns...

The reason in a nutshell is league parity. I hope we have the organization now assembled to take advantage of the opportunity the NFL provides that no other pro sport does...

After going 50 years without a championship all 3 of Cleveland's team will win the championship of their sport in the same calendar year.......to become the first city in history to do so.

By the way, the last 3 teams to win titles have been the auks: Blackh-auks, Reds-auks, Seah-auks

Browns mostly because of the relative parity of the National Football League the salary cap and the guaranteed profit. Not to mention that the Cavaliers are probably the worst run team in the league and the Dolans really can't afford to own a baseball team.

WSS

The Cavs will be better run now that they have gotten rid of their GM, who really screwed the pooch.

as you know, for, I really don't like professional basketball but it would seem to me that Coach Brown has really done a terrible job motivating what seems to be a fairly talented team. Not championship talented but far from the worst in the league which is the level currently played. Then again I don't know much about it.

WSS

as you know, for, I really don't like professional basketball but it would seem to me that Coach Brown has really done a terrible job motivating what seems to be a fairly talented team. Not championship talented but far from the worst in the league which is the level currently played. Then again I don't know much about it.

WSS

I agree that the coaching has been bad. But with a #1 overall, another #1 overall, a #4 overall, another #4 overall this team should be stacked with talent.......yet only 1 guy is considered worthy of anything near that high: Irving.

The others: Thompson, Waiters, Bennett are considered bolonga quality talent purchased at filet mignon prices....in terms of where they were chosen.

I agree that the coaching has been bad. But with a #1 overall, another #1 overall, a #4 overall, another #4 overall this team should be stacked with talent.......yet only 1 guy is considered worthy of anything near that high: Irving.

The others: Thompson, Waiters, Bennett are considered bolonga quality talent purchased at filet mignon prices....in terms of where they were chosen.

To be fair though, the guys drafted around waiters/Thompson haven't turned out too great either.

Grant still liked to reach on what seems like every pick except for kyrie. Maybe hoped it'd make him look like a genius if they panned out.

I would say the Indians because they have Francona, who is one of the best coaches in the game, but I can't because the FO won't pay anybody... In the MLB, you need pitching - plain and simple. How many CY Young pitches started their MLB careers in Cleveland, just to be traded away just before we had to pay them? Ohh, and how many of those pitches went on to win the World Series? It's just sad... and, I was only considering pitchers...

I would say the Cavs because they are stacked with top 5 drafted talent, but I can't because they happened to get loaded with draft picks during a massive 4-year drought of star talent. Now, they're looking at an upcoming draft full of potential without much ammunition to get any... Mike Brown is a great defensive coach, and it takes a few years for guys to "get it," but he has never got a team to perform well on offense to match their defensive intensity... but, if Lebron comes back... nevermind...

I would say the Browns because they finally have an owner that gives a sh**, but I can't because... well... they're the Browns. Right now, that's seriously my only reason not to pick them. Sure, we have 2 1st round picks, a bunch of young talent, a new coaching staff, a new GM... but we always have those things and they've never worked... we're 1-16 against Roethlisberger, 1-11 against Flacco, and a solid 2-4 against Dalton with how many different starting QBs in those games? IF... and that's a big IF... we get a QB, I'm willing to pick the Browns to win the next championship in Cleveland....

Archived