THE BROWNS BOARD

Chud has new job

darren15

Just saw this as well... says he's "a special assistant to coach Pagano..."???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324529/article/colts-hire-former-browns-coach-chudzinski-as-special-assistant

may I ask what he did in his short tenure here that brought you to that conclusion?

Repeatedly saying "we looked better", "it's a process", "its obvious were growing" or similar things instead of "we lost, we played bad, and we'll fix it" after losses.

And worrying about hurting weedens feelings when it came to picking Hoyer or Campbell over him. He wouldn't name the #1 QB after Hoyer won 2 games. He said it's still week to week.

No stones. Dude's a loser. Our football team needs a direction. They also need to be accountable. They aren't high schoolers so they understand.

I agree. Chud is a nice guy it seems like. I want a fun hard ass who likes to win and isn't afraid to hurt some feelings if things aren't going smoothly, because that's what winners do. Pampering and showering shitty millionaires with complements seems to not be the right approach.

How a coach conducts press conferences isn't always a fair representation of how they coach their team, especially with a first year head coach. You know that.

I, too, feel like Chud is more of a players coach than Pettine, but I don't believe he's a pushover. I think the Hoyer situation was a bad move on his part in order to both try and save face as well as stimulate a sort of QB battle. Playing the "week to week" scenario is his way of not admitting that he shouldn't have given Weeden the start. But just because a guy isn't an asshole to the press or spouting off promises doesn't mean he's Romeo Crennel. I think Chud will have a long tenure as a head coach somewhere...which, in the NFL, means 5 years.

What I think is interesting is how the Hoyer situation shows how absolutely depraved we are of quarterback success. We all know we've had bad quarterbacks, it's well documented. But to see this kind of clamoring for a guy who, quite frankly, put up pedestrian numbers shows how much we as fans overvalue good quarterback play in Cleveland. Hoyer deserves a chance to enter training camp with a legitimate opportunity to earn the start, but let's not hang a hat on this guy and call it a day.

We have to pay him the difference. I don't know what the numbers are but if Indy is paying him $1 million and we was supposed to get $3 million from us, we owe him the remaining $2 million.

Who the F care if a coach in the nfl gets fired. its like hitting the lotto!

Repeatedly saying "we looked better", "it's a process", "its obvious were growing" or similar things instead of "we lost, we played bad, and we'll fix it" after losses.

And worrying about hurting weedens feelings when it came to picking Hoyer or Campbell over him. He wouldn't name the #1 QB after Hoyer won 2 games. He said it's still week to week.

No stones. Dude's a loser. Our football team needs a direction. They also need to be accountable. They aren't high schoolers so they understand.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment even though you may well be right. Reason is nobody f'ing knows what was going on. Those pressers are scripted. The FO was up that guys ass the entire season, we know that now. It's pretty obvious now that the reason Campbell got the late start was his contract stipulations. Plus the FO wanted us to have a high draft pick, that is also obvious now. Maybe Chud really has no balls, I just don't think anybody can make a fair call on that based on his very short tenure here in Cleveland with a FO that has no fucking clue what they're doing. And if you didn't like hearing those catch phrases from Chud, how are you going to feel midway through next season when Pettine is trying to artfully remind fans that rebuilding is a "process" and takes time to "grow"?? If Chud had used those words and phrases 3 years into his tenure instead of calling out the players who were obviously not performing in his system....than I would be on the same page with you. We just don't know how good of a coach Chud could have been. If you hire a HC in the NFL you're making a minimum of 3 year commitment, and that's bare minimum.

Those pressers are scripted..

Scripted I doubt, but the FO may certainly suggest a tone that a HC sets, e.g., whether pressers are a place a HC should call out players or not. I personally prefer that "coaching" be done in private, face-to-face and not thru the press...

It's pretty obvious now that the reason Campbell got the late start was his contract stipulations.

Lost me there... I thought Campbell's contract incentives were all stacked to pay more if he started more games... No?

And if you didn't like hearing those catch phrases from Chud, how are you going to feel midway through next season when Pettine is trying to artfully remind fans that rebuilding is a "process" and takes time to "grow"??

Probably better because Pettine will likely do it standing and with a meaner look on his face...

Mangini = :mellow: Shurmur = :unsure: Chud = :blush: Pettine = :mad:

Seems about right...

Lost me there... I thought Campbell's contract incentives were all stacked to pay more if he started more games... No?

Right, which is why they delayed him starting. Wasn't there a whole big article about this a few weeks ago about how much the browns saved by delaying Campbells starting date? As much as some of you may not like Chud, he's not an idiot....there's no way, especially after the Detroit game, that he leaves Weeden in there on his own accord. He was being told what to do and from what we know now there was conflict between him and the FO the whole season which is why they couldn't wait to get rid of him. You watch, one day that guys gonna talk and he's gonna say I was dying to get Campbell out there and had shouting matches with the FO over it.

Archived