THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerhart Please

thomam3

Gerhart has starter potential. Why not? If we draft a running back fine. if we are going after a FA, I think Gerhart should be the choice over Tate.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1950990-nfl-free-agency-minnesota-vikings-toby-gerhart-has-starter-potential

Gerhart's a productive backup. I don't know that he should be anyone's starter, though.

I like this idea. I hope the Browns draft a solid option with their first pick in the second round and bring someone like Gerhart aboard as well.

As much as this was a 4-12 team this season, I DO believe that there is a strong foundation to build on. And a couple of pieces like this could prove to be a tipping point in their favor. Of course... That depends on Mack and Ward being re-signed.

He runs like Hillis did for us, gets the ball and goes. He's more fluid than Hillis was but obviously probably won't be dragging entire front 7's with him for 3 or 4 yds. I like it. I think we should feature him and Lewis next year and let a late round draftee sit and watch for a year or get some reps if one of em gets hurt. There should be games where Gerhart gets 80% of the carries and Lewis 20%...and other games vice versa. Keep them both healthy throughout the whole season by basically giving them some games off with only a minor amount of carries just to keep em in the mix. This is how an NFL running attack should function these days. AP is likely the last RB we'll see for some time that can put that much work in on a season and remain healthy....let alone do it the next season after major knee surgery.

what did hillis do for us after his contract year, nothing cuz he wasn't here, i i doubt if he can be found on any team's depth chart except under fullback or #3 RB. last i heard he sucked for KC.

glad we didn't give him the money. the days of larry czonka are done. everyone knows how to key on a RB. look at lynch's #'s in the SB. wah. but denver knew they had to stop them and dared wilson to beat them throwing the ball.......and he did, besides the points the defense scored for them.

what did hillis do for us after his contract year, nothing cuz he wasn't here, i i doubt if he can be found on any team's depth chart except under fullback or #3 RB. last i heard he sucked for KC.

glad we didn't give him the money. the days of larry czonka are done. everyone knows how to key on a RB. look at lynch's #'s in the SB. wah. but denver knew they had to stop them and dared wilson to beat them throwing the ball.......and he did, besides the points the defense scored for them.

Holmgren fucked our running game by getting rid of Vickers and bringing in Shurmur who's west coast ball was terrible for running. The O line under Mangini was coached by the guy who built the Dallas O line when Larry Allen was there which is considered one of the best o lines of all time. When he went the o line went back to being marginal at best. Can't blame it all on Hillis, the running game was sucked out from underneath him. Yeah he hasn't done shit after he left here but so what? Some players flourish in certain specific circumstances.

Holmgren fucked our running game by getting rid of Vickers and bringing in Shurmur who's west coast ball was terrible for running. The O line under Mangini was coached by the guy who built the Dallas O line when Larry Allen was there which is considered one of the best o lines of all time. When he went the o line went back to being marginal at best. Can't blame it all on Hillis, the running game was sucked out from underneath him. Yeah he hasn't done shit after he left here but so what? Some players flourish in certain specific circumstances.

not disagreeing at all, just saying gerhardt is built in the same mold as touchdown tommy and hillis.

if they'd settle on being a fullback then yeah, no probs. but a feature back? uh, no.

Archived