THE BROWNS BOARD

Stadium construction cam

ballpeen

Some of the locals might be able to watch some of the construction down at the stadium, but for us out of towners, I found this to be a pretty cool site. It has 2 cameras so you can look at each end of the stadium and has scroll and zoom features.

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/turner/firstenergystadium/?cam=cam1

i used to do bi-weekly commercial video progress videos for a company that was subcontracted for turner construction and uploaded to the internet so the different project managers could see the progress of jobs going on.

but we did it in a time-lapse config, which obviously this is not. i swear i saw that crane move only once in the time period posted.

i'll have to try and digitize some of my old footage which was shot in the days of svhs BUT we did swiss bank in stamford, CT and the implosion of the building to make way for it, additions to MSG and other cool terrifying shit. but that was at least 20 years ago.

check out some of the stuff i had done:

http://www.bernsteinassociates.com/

So they're putting individual seats in the upper dawg pound? I must have missed that improvement.

No, they are removing maybe the top 10-15 rows to put in the new scoreboards, video screens.

this kind of thing, mik? always find that stuff cool

as ballpeen said you can set up certain self contained cameras (within a box....like surveillance cameras) that withstand wind and whatever weather is concerned to a special frame rate. we'd have our cameras take a still shot every 20 mins or so. i'd have to go take a external monitor to see if the camera was still positioned correctly while swapping out tapes on the construction lock boxes on top of skyscrapers in jersey city which shot across the river to battery park in NYC. great in the wind and rain ontop of a 84 floor building roof. but at least the twin towers were still there.

very cool shit. got over my fright of heights when i was in the army when i had to to do the skyscraper climb and then do door shots from hueys.

we were subcontractors from all different types of const. co.'s. i had a whole month of nothing but walking up and down the sidewalk and curbs of jamaica, queens with my video camera and my cohort who was 110 lbs. soaking wet. used to follow the female post person around cuz she had a fat ass but walking down the street where the latin kings are teaching their pit bulls to fight, not so good. hated them fuckers but they thought we were cops so................get in the isuzu motherfucker and let's call it a day.

Archived