THE BROWNS BOARD

Lombardi to New England

ccch

It's sad. Seems like New England fans actually like this hire but I have no idea why.

I've heard some saying he's brilliant because he assembled a lot of draft picks and traded T-Rich for a first. Apparently they haven't seen how he likes to use his picks.

they showed the NE box yesterday and it was like 8:30 in the morning and they showed lombardi in the bkgd scarfing down a bucket up popcorn like he had just waked and baked. eisen and mayock were laughing their asses off.

i didn't understand schiano in the booth talking to belichick while looking at players on their monitors. is he some type of consultant or just someone looking for a job?

Looks like Lombardi took some Browns draft material with him?

1379898_422398197895535_1394958180_n.jpg

He is probably passing on his and Banner's draft strategy thinking it will be the same under Farmer :)

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/mike_lombardi_seen_with_browns_documents_at_nfl_combine/15864005?linksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_15864005

You don't think he's gonna be calling up teams who may be looking at some of the same players we are and offering them inside info in return for something? This is exactly why he hired Lombardi on the spot after the Browns let him go. Somehow, I don't know how....but Belichick will find a way to royally fuck us with this.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/mike_lombardi_seen_with_browns_documents_at_nfl_combine/15864005?linksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_15864005

You don't think he's gonna be calling up teams who may be looking at some of the same players we are and offering them inside info in return for something? This is exactly why he hired Lombardi on the spot after the Browns let him go. Somehow, I don't know how....but Belichick will find a way to royally fuck us with this.

LOL, make that were. He knows what Lombardi was thinking, Farmer may have different ideas. He does have the scouting reports from two teams, I'll grant you. However, the Browns draft ahead of the Patriots in every round. With Mike's less than stellar track record of drafting, I would hope Billy follows it exactly- and winds up with 4-5 total busts.

Look at it the other way- you don't think Pettine has a pretty good handle on the Bill's preliminary scouting reports?

Yea I bet he didn't take his notes with him. I bet BB tells him to change the cover of his notebook. Just shows the lack of professionalism in this guy.

Exactly even if you're using work you did for the browns it's not very professional to show up in public with a browns notebook. I hope they draft all of Lombardi's choices and they all flop.

Yes, I'm sure Bill Bellichick is overly concerned about what the Browns are planning on doing... I'm sure the Browns draft strategy is his top priority... especially over teams like the Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Jets... yes... he is glad to know what the Browns are doing...

of course Belichick doesn't care about who the Browns are taking as it pertains to the patriots....but those notes could be pretty valuable to people who are picking right around where we are. Or for teams who are debating whether they should jump ahead of us or not. C'mon guys, think this through. Belichick is a known slimy cocksucker who wheels and deals outside of the normal dealings between NFL teams. He can't officially get anything from any team for information on our draft...but he can make some phone calls and say I know which draft pick you guys are going to have to trade up to in order to get who I think you want cause I know of this other team who is "definitely" going to take him if he's there. I guess there's not really anything you can do about it either cause Banner and Lombardi don't really need notes to know who the Browns were targeting in the early part of the draft. But they may not be as clear on things getting on in the later parts of the draft, which is where Belichick makes his money.

Totally irrelevant to the conversation, but anyway I watched this documentary on Neil Young the other day and couldn't help but believe it was Bill Bellichek when he talks. They have to be related.

One of the best musical documentary's I've watched, even if your not a fan of his. You'll enjoy his journey

Archived