THE BROWNS BOARD

Jason Collins

Legacy Fan

This is why I personally am tired of "the gay."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/cheers-nets-collins-fans-politicians-article-1.1699603

Borough President Eric Adams compared Collins to the Brooklyn Dodgers’ Jackie Robinson, modern baseball’s first black player.

“Brooklyn — where America breaks its barriers,” he tweeted.

No. Just no. Not even close, Eric.

Holy fuck - could you imagine if somebody compared the first heterosexual to act on Broadway to Jackie M'f'n Robinson?

That's not what I meant.

Being the first openly gay major sport male athlete is much closer to being the first black NBA player is than being "the first heterosexual act on Broadway"

Your comparison of Jason Collins' situation to "the first heterosexual act on Broadway" was the comparison that wasn't even remotely close.

That's not what I meant.

Being the first openly gay major sport male athlete is much closer to being the first black NBA player is than being "the first heterosexual act on Broadway"

Your comparison of Jason Collins' situation to "the first heterosexual act on Broadway" was the comparison that wasn't even remotely close.

So you're comparing being gay to being black? Give me a fucking break.

That's not what I meant.

I knew what you meant, I was just throwing it back at you to try and give you another chance.

Because it's not even remotely close. The comparison to Jackie Robinson (of the MLB, not NBA as you suggested) is so ridiculous, it's why I made the "Straight on Broadway" comparison. To spotlight the ridiculousness..

I recommend you go read "I Never had it Made" - JR's autobiography since you obviously don't have a fucking clue about what he went through.

So you're comparing being gay to being black? Give me a fucking break.

In terms of social stigmas I would absolutely compare the two, yes. Perhaps being gay today isn't as bad as being black was a hundred years ago, but when you look at things like the 'anti-gay' bill in Arizona, permitting any businesses the right to refuse service to gay people in the name of religious freedom, it's very easy to see the parallels.

I knew what you meant, I was just throwing it back at you to try and give you another chance.

Because it's not even remotely close. The comparison to Jackie Robinson (of the MLB, not NBA as you suggested) is so ridiculous, it's why I made the "Straight on Broadway" comparison. To spotlight the ridiculousness..

I recommend you go read "I Never had it Made" - JR's autobiography since you obviously don't have a fucking clue about what he went through.

I did not say being gay now and being black then are the same. I said your analogy was bad. Being straight and on Broadway is a dumb comparison. Clearly there is backlash in our country today for being gay. That was the point... Chris got it at least

Archived