THE BROWNS BOARD

The gay conversation

gftChris

Anyone have a friend who fucks around on his wife? Or vice versa and remain friends with them?

WSS

For the sake of argument, I'll say yes - I'm curious to see where this is going...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have many. Why would that affect my friendship?

It presumably clouds your opinion of them, from a moral stand point. Just waiting to see how it relates to the gay thing.

but it is a long road to redeem it seems - I agree with the aspect of this pastor who equates the baker serving an adulterer unawares maybe?

why not the gay couple? is a wedding / union about the cake?

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/?/sf/page/31150

“Evangelical pastor Andy Stanley leads North Point Ministries, the second largest church in the U.S. He told me he finds it “offensive that Christians would leverage faith to support the Kansas law.” He said, “Serving people we don’t see eye to eye with is the essence of Christianity. Jesus died for a world with which he didn’t see eye to eye. If a bakery doesn’t want to sell its products to a gay couple, it’s their business. Literally. But leave Jesus out of it.”

also

“Christians serve unrepentant murderers through prison ministry. So why can’t they provide a service for a same-sex marriage?"

Not a big deal my friend. Seemed to me you were taking someone to task for objecting to their behavior in a moral sense yet being tolerant of it. That's it.

WSS

Fair enough, I see your point.

Finally, we have been able to observe the until-now-only-hypothesised monopoles, so we can stop using the magnet thing as a reason against gay marriage.

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-physicists-synthetic-magnetic-monopole-years.html

Anyone have a friend who fucks around on his wife? Or vice versa and remain friends with them?

WSS

Not a big deal my friend. Seemed to me you were taking someone to task for objecting to their behavior in a moral sense yet being tolerant of it. That's it.

WSS

I read and re-read the first question / statement and I am wondering what exactly are you saying?

like Ive read your take on pedophilia, (on countless occasions) and wonder the very same thing :blink:

but it doesnt bother me to be "taken to task" to try something new in a disagreement..... :)

Archived