THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine Interviewees

gftChris

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/2/27/5454298/nfl-combine-2014-list-of-players-the-browns-reportedly-met-with

QB James Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois)
QB Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois)

RB Ka'Deem Carey (Arizona)

WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson)
WR Chandler Jones (San Jose State)
WR Corey "Philly" Brown (Ohio State)
WR Robert Herron (Wyoming)

TE Ted Bolser (Indiana)

OL Jack Mewhort (Ohio State)
OT Donald Hawkins (Texas)
C Travis Swanson (Arkansas State)

Defensive Players

ILB Chris Borland (Wisconsin)
LB Christian Jones (Florida State)
LB Ryan Shazier (Ohio State)
LB Devon Kennard (USC)

Apparently we only like QBs from Illinois? And to be honest, I hadn't heard of a lot of players on the list.

Why would we interview Garofalo? Arm's too weak for AFC North. Coulda just kept Colt.

Z

I expect that they are interviewing just about anyone that they might have a notion to draft. The list above probably just scratches the surface. Garropollo is predicted to be a mid-late round draft choice. They know that it is a possibility that they may not draft anyone until that time....so they are looking at all options.

I am certain that they either have or will interview Bortles/Bridgewater/Manziel/ etc. etc....all the guys that may end up in the first round. It may just be done privately...or at pro day or whatever.

Carey sounds exactly like the type of RB Kyle Shannahan said he wanted in interviews. Sounds right for zone blocking scheme and consistent running game from a 3 down back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1955658-kadeem-carey-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-arizona-rb

Christian Jones makes a lot of sense, as does Borland. Borland would replace DQ and Jones would replace Robertson.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/2/27/5454298/nfl-combine-2014-list-of-players-the-browns-reportedly-met-with

QB James Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois)

QB Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois)

RB Ka'Deem Carey (Arizona)

WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson)

WR Chandler Jones (San Jose State)

WR Corey "Philly" Brown (Ohio State)

WR Robert Herron (Wyoming)

TE Ted Bolser (Indiana)

OL Jack Mewhort (Ohio State)

OT Donald Hawkins (Texas)

C Travis Swanson (Arkansas State)

Defensive Players

ILB Chris Borland (Wisconsin)

LB Christian Jones (Florida State)

LB Ryan Shazier (Ohio State)

LB Devon Kennard (USC)

Apparently we only like QBs from Illinois? And to be honest, I hadn't heard of a lot of players on the list.

LOL, you have to dig deeper. I saw Lynch play a few times, and he looked pretty good. All us OSU homers know about Shazier. He's undersized for an NFL LB- only 230, but extremely quick. Did a 42" vertical jump- and that's damn impressive.

Archived