THE BROWNS BOARD

NO MORE QUARTER BACKS!

Babernakle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in that same boat LondonBrown and I spend way too much time thinking about. It always comes back to QB for me, but it's certainly not a given at the 4th pick. The one thing I don't want to happen is taking another 1 receiver at 4 when we can get a 2 much lower.

Just stop.

I give zero fucks what you "see" lol. You're a broken record.

While you spew the same rhetoric, I watch film and talk to my friend who scouts. Good convos, about things that actually matter.

Please continue. Tell me how Mariota is a sure thing, and why, without googling s scouting report to make yourself sound like you know what you're taking about. I'll hold my breath.

Why don't you just stop smartass? Go over to Bar-king Hard to share some of your vast football acumen, where I'm sure it would be more appreciated than here.

NFP Mock Draft 1.0

nfpost-logo_023517.gif
By Greg Gabriel3 hours ago
clowney-1950.jpg

View photo

NFP Mock Draft 1.0

By: Greg Gabriel and Eric Galko

As many of you know, I am not a lover of Mock Drafts, especially this early in the Draft season because we just don’t have enough information. We are still over two weeks away from the start of free agency, and most, if not all, clubs' draft plans center around what happens to their team with regards to veteran gains and losses. Once we get through the first few weeks of free agency, we will have a better idea of what each club's needs are going into the Draft.

That being said, Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting and myself have put together our post-Combine Mock. Eric made the selections for all the teams drafting in an odd numbered slot, and I did the same with the even numbered picks. We took needs into consideration, but tried to select the best player available with each pick. Neither of us were aware of the other's picks ahead of time. There were plenty of players I was looking to select for my teams that Eric selected with his picks. This may have have led to some out-of-the-box picks on both our parts.

Both Eric and I hope you enjoy our Mock 1.0 and we will do another, once we get a handle on free agency. Our next mock will also include some comments as to why each pick was made.

1 – Houston Jadeveon Clowney – DE – South Carolina

2 – St. Louis – Greg Robinson – OT – Auburn

3 – Jacksonville – Teddy Twatwater – QB – Louisville

4 – Cleveland Johnny Manziel – QB – Texas A&M

5 – Oakland Sammy Watkins – WR – Clemson

6 – Atlanta Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo

7 – Tampa Bay Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M

8 – Minnesota – Justin Gilbert – DC – Oklahoma State

9 – Buffalo – Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA

10 – Detroit Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan

11 – Tennessee – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – DS – Alabama

12 – Giants – Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina

13 – St. Louis – Calvin Pryor – DS – Louisville

14 – Chicago Aaron Donald – DT – Pittsburgh

15 – Pittsburgh Louis Nix – NT – Notre Dame

16 – Dallas Timmy Jernigan – DT – Florida St.

17 – BaltimoreJace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech

18 – Jets – Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M

19 – Miami Zach Martin – OT – Notre Dame

20 – Arizona Kyle Fuller – CB – Virginia Tech

21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosely – LB – Alabama

22 – Philadelphia Darqueze Dennard – CB – Michigan St

23 – Kansas City Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – LSU

24 – Cincinnati Kony Ealy – DE – Missouri

25 – Cleveland – Marqise Lee – WR – USC

26 – San Diego - Dee Ford – DE/OLB – Auburn

27 – New Orleans – Jeremiah Attaochu – DE/OLB – Georgia Tech

28 – Carolina – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon St

29 – New England – Troy Niklas – TE – Notre Dame

30 – San Francisco – Ra’Shede Hagaman – DT – Minnesota

31 – Denver – Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio State

32 – Seattle Ryan Shazier – LB – Ohio State

Follow Greg on Twitter @greggabe

Follow Eric on Twitter @OptimumScouting

Follow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news

This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com

You guys are dumb as fuck with the "LET'S JUST GET A QB NEXT YEAR" or "There is no Andrew Luck in this draft"

You just can't acquire a QB at your own leisure. Besides, I don't want to ever go all in (2-3 first round and multiple picks) on ANY QB

Remember all the assholes in 2012: "We can just wait for Matt Barkley" in 2013

Just take the QB that falls to you at 4 and the rest is history.

So sick of dumbasses who try to bargain shop QB's.

you have to be the gayest man/boy love motherfucker on this board.

If we can get Garrappalo (sp?) with our 2nd or even 3rd rounders, I say we take CJ Moseley and Sammy Watkins with 26 and 4 respectively.

not bad but see below

It's Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, are all busts.

there fixed it for ya.

NFP Mock Draft 1.0

nfpost-logo_023517.gif
By Greg Gabriel3 hours ago
clowney-1950.jpg

View photo

NFP Mock Draft 1.0

By: Greg Gabriel and Eric Galko

As many of you know, I am not a lover of Mock Drafts, especially this early in the Draft season because we just don’t have enough information. We are still over two weeks away from the start of free agency, and most, if not all, clubs' draft plans center around what happens to their team with regards to veteran gains and losses. Once we get through the first few weeks of free agency, we will have a better idea of what each club's needs are going into the Draft.

That being said, Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting and myself have put together our post-Combine Mock. Eric made the selections for all the teams drafting in an odd numbered slot, and I did the same with the even numbered picks. We took needs into consideration, but tried to select the best player available with each pick. Neither of us were aware of the other's picks ahead of time. There were plenty of players I was looking to select for my teams that Eric selected with his picks. This may have have led to some out-of-the-box picks on both our parts.

Both Eric and I hope you enjoy our Mock 1.0 and we will do another, once we get a handle on free agency. Our next mock will also include some comments as to why each pick was made.

1 – Houston Jadeveon Clowney – DE – South Carolina

2 – St. Louis – Greg Robinson – OT – Auburn

3 – Jacksonville – Teddy Twatwater – QB – Louisville

4 – Cleveland Johnny Manziel – QB – Texas A&M

5 – Oakland Sammy Watkins – WR – Clemson

6 – Atlanta Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo

7 – Tampa Bay Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M

8 – Minnesota – Justin Gilbert – DC – Oklahoma State

9 – Buffalo – Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA

10 – Detroit Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan

11 – Tennessee – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – DS – Alabama

12 – Giants – Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina

13 – St. Louis – Calvin Pryor – DS – Louisville

14 – Chicago Aaron Donald – DT – Pittsburgh

15 – Pittsburgh Louis Nix – NT – Notre Dame

16 – Dallas Timmy Jernigan – DT – Florida St.

17 – BaltimoreJace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech

18 – Jets – Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M

19 – Miami Zach Martin – OT – Notre Dame

20 – Arizona Kyle Fuller – CB – Virginia Tech

21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosely – LB – Alabama

22 – Philadelphia Darqueze Dennard – CB – Michigan St

23 – Kansas City Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – LSU

24 – Cincinnati Kony Ealy – DE – Missouri

25 – Cleveland – Marqise Lee – WR – USC

26 – San Diego - Dee Ford – DE/OLB – Auburn

27 – New Orleans – Jeremiah Attaochu – DE/OLB – Georgia Tech

28 – Carolina – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon St

29 – New England – Troy Niklas – TE – Notre Dame

30 – San Francisco – Ra’Shede Hagaman – DT – Minnesota

31 – Denver – Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio State

32 – Seattle Ryan Shazier – LB – Ohio State

Follow Greg on Twitter @greggabe

Follow Eric on Twitter @OptimumScouting

Follow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news

This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com

man if that were to actually happen i would take mack and trade up to get evans #18 using 3rd rounder.

You guys are dumb as fuck with the "LET'S JUST GET A QB NEXT YEAR" or "There is no Andrew Luck in this draft"

You just can't acquire a QB at your own leisure. Besides, I don't want to ever go all in (2-3 first round and multiple picks) on ANY QB

Remember all the assholes in 2012: "We can just wait for Matt Barkley" in 2013

Just take the QB that falls to you at 4 and the rest is history.

So sick of dumbasses who try to bargain shop QB's.

You busted the guys balls earlier because he was full of shit and didnt know which quarterbacks would suck. It is the same for you, you have no fucking clue which ones will be good. You CAN acquire a QB at your leisure, or more well phrased "without stretching" for your pick. You continue to add the best available talent to your team. One thing I am certain of is that you, just like me , don't really know fuck all about which QB's succeed from this draft and which don't.

Saying to just take whatever QB falls to you at 4 is simply fucking dumb unless you absolutely love the guy. If you don't then he is not worthy of being a number 4.

The one point we agree on is its not worth trading multiple picks to move up for any of them.

^ That's what the fuck I'm talking about.

Put some fucking swag back into this city.

Enough of the barrel assed, balding, critic haters. Always scratching their ass, picking their nose and never wanting anyone edgy here.

Manziel and Lee are a great fucking duo

So your definition of what we need is "edgy"?? Your definition of edgy being a egotistical party boy who if winning will be Mr Swag but if he doenst work out will turn into a whiner pussy?? You think because a player is hollywood night clubbin and loving on the rap he will dominate? Fuck swag just pick a winner.

Apparently your full head of hair makes you an authority on the subject as well?

^ That's what the fuck I'm talking about.

Put some fucking swag back into this city.

Enough of the barrel assed, balding, critic haters. Always scratching their ass, picking their nose and never wanting anyone edgy here.

Manziel and Lee are a great fucking duo

All we need is swag.

LOL-Swag.jpg

I did stop, take care. Good luck with Mariota next year and another four win season to get him.

Mike, I will be (almost) nice- though I had a mind to not be. We've had guys come in here with more credentials than you- and not go calling out everyone else as stupid. You insecure or something citing all those guys you hang out with at the bar?

Tell ya what- some of the greatest geniuses in their respective professions I know don't have to go around flaunting how fucking smart they are, or who they fucking know. That's what you come off as on the board. You have takes on the top 2014 crop of qbs? Great- then post them here- I'm hardly going to bother following links to 10 different websites. .

One guy, not guys.

And I'm still waiting for your Mariota analysis.

Well. Mike one of my friends happens to be a Ducks alum, and has seen every one of his games- good enough for a scouting report? Incidentally, he was worried Marcus might wind up on the Browns if he came out. The short of it is he's a bigger 6'4" faster (reported 4.5 40) version of Manziel, there are similarities in style. Threw for 30+ tds with only 4 ints, so extremely accurate. Does not have Elway arm strength, but it's plenty good enough. Only weakness is in making pre snap reads. Game fell off after a knee injury late in the season.

So if you talk to your scouting contacts, I think you would find the majority of them would have Mairotta right at the top of the 2014 board- it was no secret Farmed loved what he saw of the kid before he got promoted to GM. Next year, he's probably second fiddle to Winston.

How about we say fuck to a qb and get real pro talent the three top picks at qb will set the browns back another three years. Espn can blow it out there ass, we don't have to take a qb, honestly I think they like the browns being a dumpster fire. Let's see what hoyer a real Cleveland boy can do.

I think some of that is pretty accurate. It's really hard to judge an Oregon QB--or any college QB for that matter--stats wise, when you're talking about NFL potential.

I see a guy with tons of potential, much like Blake Bortles. He's far from a polished passer, at least mechanically. His footwork is poor, and he overthrows receivers consistently. Another year in Oregon could help that, but he lets a lot of throws get away from him. I agree he needed another year in college like Hundley.

At 6'4", 211 lbs, and a propensity to scramble early in his reads--too early from what I've seen--you really have none of the same injury concerns are you do with Manziel (207lbs)? They weigh nearly the same.

I think you're assuming way too much and looking for a reason to defend your opinion against Manziel, Bridgewater, & Bortles.

That said, I like Garaffolo the more I watch, and now agree trading up from 4 is less appealing than it may have originally seemed to me. Having options really negates the need to give up picks, at least the top of the draft, but I wouldn't be up in arms if they did it, because they have the picks.

Mike, I'm really not against some of the top 2014 qbs- it's just that Manziel scares the hell out of me- in many different ways. I certainly don't think any of them are worth a trade up. Really, what are the odds qbs are going to go 1-2-3 come May? I could even hold my nose and accept us taking Johnny Football @ #4, though I wouldn't like it. Damn near a lock someone is either taking Clowney in the top 3, or will trade up to do so. I do like Teddy B- he sort of reminds me of Randall Cuningham in a way. Bortles has the size, but does he have NFL accuracy?

@ #26 Carr worries me- to be honest, I haven't watched that much of him, but if the reports are true he shows an acute case of Brandon Weedenitis with pressure in his face, it's time to steer clear. I wouldn't have a problem if we took Garrapolo at the top of the second- the reports from Southern Ohio are the Bengals are taking a long hard look at him for their second round pick.

& yes, let's hope the Browns have a good enough 2014 that drafting Mariotta or Winston isn't a realistic option. We were so close in so many games- should never have lost the New England game, and bumbling Brandon cost us at least another couple, though you really can't fault Chud for starting him after he had a decent preseason.

PS if the draft falls out like this I'm going to be really happy http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/190602

How about we say fuck to a qb and get real pro talent the three top picks at qb will set the browns back another three years. Espn can blow it out there ass, we don't have to take a qb, honestly I think they like the browns being a dumpster fire. Let's see what hoyer a real Cleveland boy can do.

Where a quarterback is from doesn't matter.

Hoyer won two games against very poor or injury riddled secondaries.

This "Cleveland boy" bullshit is played out. I don't care if he crawled out of Terry Bradshaw's asshole, if a QB can play, he can play.

Where a quarterback is from doesn't matter.

Hoyer won two games against very poor or injury riddled secondaries.

This "Cleveland boy" bullshit is played out. I don't care if he crawled out of Terry Bradshaw's asshole, if a QB can play, he can play.

Your point is taken TC, but compared to Wee-done, he looked like the second coming of Joe Montana. I don't recall him tossing any underhand lob passes to the other team, and generally got the ball out on time to a guy who was actually open.

Archived