THE BROWNS BOARD

Y'all smell that?

Clevfan4life

Do I detect a hint of smoke? Is there a little fire being lit?

Ok so i'm not suggesting theres going to be a firesale and a huge bomb going off...but you can see now with DQ being released and Rubin on the cutting board that Farmer and Pettine are starting to ever so slowly put "THEIR" plan for the team together without making it look like a complete rebuild. I'm basically making this topic so sometime next year when we're balls deep in a 3 win season I can say I told you all so. Look I'm over the Chud firing and I do like this Pettine guy.......but I was under no illusions what the Pettine hiring, and then the whole FO dismissal...meant for the franchise. Boss Jimmeh hit the redo button. He pulled a mulligan.

I'm not trying to shit in y'all cheerios before the draft let alone the start of next season......but we need to be reminded about what these kind of coaching changes and FO upheavals mean for the upcoming season. Why? Cause I swear I will stab a mother fucker who calls for Pettines job next year. I will stab you in the fucking dick. We'll be lucky to win 5 games next year. If we win 5 or 6 i'm gonna celebrate like we won the SB.

So in conclusion....this is a way pre emptive omg shut your fucking hole next year while we watch our team adjust to another scheme on both sides of the ball and a young qb running for his dear life. If we suck we suck...we win 3 games so be it. Nobody even breathe a word of firing Pettine cause quite honestly that would be the end of the Browns. If you think it's hyperbole that the NFL would look into taking the franchise somewhere else again you are fooling yourself blind. If they could get away with it they would have already moved the Browns to LA. They don't give a fuck about places like Cleveland, they want their teams in big city markets.

i really don't see it being that bad. i for one FINALLY think that they've got the right pieces in place with farmer and pettine. (chud was just a goober, plain and simple).

now if they draft one of these young kids and throw him in to be the starter i could see the 3 win season you're talking about. i think if hoyer bounces back from his injury and is the starter and shows glimpses of the very small film we saw of him last year then i'll bet you we win more than 5 games, especially if we upgrade the RB and WR positions.

but cutting DQ was a total monetary decision and it was on DQ's side who wouldn't accept the contract given by the browns. they wanted to restructure the deal and keep him here but he and his agent decided to seek out greener pastures. i don't see where you can say that was on our FO or pettine.

also how do you know rubin is on the trading block? are you just speculating?

i think these guys are committed to building a physically tough team full of young talent which gives this team years to grow together. sure there might be some contract or cap casualties along the way but that happens to every team not just the browns.

and you are COMPLETELY insane if you think the NFL would want to see this franchise moved again. you are way the fuck off base there.

Do I detect a hint of smoke? Is there a little fire being lit?

Ok so i'm not suggesting theres going to be a firesale and a huge bomb going off...but you can see now with DQ being released and Rubin on the cutting board that Farmer and Pettine are starting to ever so slowly put "THEIR" plan for the team together without making it look like a complete rebuild. I'm basically making this topic so sometime next year when we're balls deep in a 3 win season I can say I told you all so. Look I'm over the Chud firing and I do like this Pettine guy.......but I was under no illusions what the Pettine hiring, and then the whole FO dismissal...meant for the franchise. Boss Jimmeh hit the redo button. He pulled a mulligan.

I'm not trying to shit in y'all cheerios before the draft let alone the start of next season......but we need to be reminded about what these kind of coaching changes and FO upheavals mean for the upcoming season. Why? Cause I swear I will stab a mother fucker who calls for Pettines job next year. I will stab you in the fucking dick. We'll be lucky to win 5 games next year. If we win 5 or 6 i'm gonna celebrate like we won the SB.

So in conclusion....this is a way pre emptive omg shut your fucking hole next year while we watch our team adjust to another scheme on both sides of the ball and a young qb running for his dear life. If we suck we suck...we win 3 games so be it. Nobody even breathe a word of firing Pettine cause quite honestly that would be the end of the Browns. If you think it's hyperbole that the NFL would look into taking the franchise somewhere else again you are fooling yourself blind. If they could get away with it they would have already moved the Browns to LA. They don't give a fuck about places like Cleveland, they want their teams in big city markets.

If any team moves to LA it would be Jacksonville, Buffalo or even San Diego. Cleveland is safe.

I disagree. U act like their was no talks what so ever. People were completely bent outta shape last year with Dawson and Cribbs. Think Baltimore wanted to empty their cupboards? A lot of talent on this team, younger talent, that's gonna take even bigger money than DQ. They will have to address the MLB position with Somethin big tho high draft pick, or top free agency. Prob draft pick tho. Mosley, Mack, and Shazier are probably the big three in question now.

If the NFL didnt want a team in Cleveland, there wouldnt be a team in Cleveland. The NFL didnt want the Browns to move. Browns fans come in droves to get shit served to em, smile, and come back the next week for more shit.

laugh my fucking ass off....that's one way to look at it yes. Not an invalid point I grant you. Still think though that if they could get away with it they'd move the Browns in a heartbeat "IF" it's to a place like L.A. Obviously there's a few teams more ripe for that move, but still...if the opportunity was there, they'd take it imo. I have zero doubt about it. They have their AFC North rivalry between the steelers and Ravens which makes them their money...they don't "need" a team in Cleveland. Imo one of the big reasons why there's still a team in Cleveland is that who do you replace the team with in the North?

but cutting DQ was a total monetary decision and it was on DQ's side who wouldn't accept the contract given by the browns. they wanted to restructure the deal and keep him here but he and his agent decided to seek out greener pastures. i don't see where you can say that was on our FO or pettine.

I think the folks that were against letting DQ walk aren't seeing that side of it. Pettine assessed Jackson's value, and said here's what we think you're worth. DQ thought he was worth more, and could probably get it somewhere else. The math was pretty simple. Jackson wanted at least $5 million, and a multi year deal.

People were up in arms when Dawson left, but did we really lose that much with Cundiff?

Some quarters were going boo-hoo when we released Cribbs, but it proved to be the right decision, because his tank was empty.

You don't build a Super Bowl team with slightly above average talent at key positions, and that's what Jackson was.

People were up in arms when Dawson left, but did we really lose that much with Cundiff?.

we won't know until we play some meaningful games in December will we? The past season is a blur to me I barely remember any of it anymore....was Cundiff in a position to win or lose a game for us? What was the outcome if so?

we won't know until we play some meaningful games in December will we? The past season is a blur to me I barely remember any of it anymore....was Cundiff in a position to win or lose a game for us? What was the outcome if so?

If you just look at stats, Dawson had a better year than Cundiff. Phil averaged 3 yards longer on his kickoffs, was way better on FG percentage 91 opposed to 78, and his long was 56 as opposed to 51.

Deal was- Phil didn't want to be here. He's still one of the best but not the best- and it would have cost the Browns an insane amount of money to keep him around.

If you just look at stats, Dawson had a better year than Cundiff. Phil averaged 3 yards longer on his kickoffs, was way better on FG percentage 91 opposed to 78, and his long was 56 as opposed to 51.

Deal was- Phil didn't want to be here. He's still one of the best but not the best- and it would have cost the Browns an insane amount of money to keep him around.

Yep I like Phil, can't blame him for leaving. He's probably happy he left too, after seeing us get another 4 win season and him making the NFC championship.

Cundiff is not as good, but he's adequate enough for now. Phil wouldn't have brought us over 5 wins.

Yep I like Phil, can't blame him for leaving. He's probably happy he left too, after seeing us get another 4 win season and him making the NFC championship.

and he got to leave with his texas blow boy mccoy to the same team.

laugh my fucking ass off....that's one way to look at it yes. Not an invalid point I grant you. Still think though that if they could get away with it they'd move the Browns in a heartbeat "IF" it's to a place like L.A. Obviously there's a few teams more ripe for that move, but still...if the opportunity was there, they'd take it imo. I have zero doubt about it. They have their AFC North rivalry between the steelers and Ravens which makes them their money...they don't "need" a team in Cleveland. Imo one of the big reasons why there's still a team in Cleveland is that who do you replace the team with in the North?

just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

just goes to show you how young you are. obviously you know squadoosh about the HISTORY of the cleveland browns. what are you 16? no way the NFL would ever think about moving this team EVER again. so stop your shit.

i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well. I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Here's your numbers guy- just forget about the Browns ever being moved again- at least in your lifetime. Any teams getting moved- it's the Raiders, Jacksonville, or the Chargers (Mark-O would tell you the Chargers lease is up and they're in no compunction to stay in SD if they want to move). The Browns are in the top 1\2 (despite 14 years of suckage) in attendance, both home and away. If you just went by pure numbers I can make a case it's more likely to move the Steelers out of Pittsburgh.

The Chargers and Rams will be playing in LA in the very near future. Most likely in the same stadium, I'm betting it's going to be on the land that the Rams owner just bought not far from the old Forum where the Lakers used to play.

Yep your right, despite all the suckage, Cleveland has too big of a fan base and makes way to much moolah to uproot the franchise. NEVER gonna happen, at least not in our lifetime.

wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

i'm 36...and no I won't stop cause I think there's a smidgen of truth to it. The NFL wants to expand and it may need to cull teams from small markets that aren't doing well and don't show signs of ever doing well.

You don't get it. "Doing well" to the NFL mean not making enough money. Not selling out. It has nothing to do with the size of the town or the record on the field. Teams that are not doing well by NFL standards would be teams like Oakland or Jax. Not Cleveland.

I would think Cleveland at this point in time would qualify for this. The NFL has big plans to expand overseas, here the market is saturated...football is god and it's great and everything, but it's not gonna grow much more cause like I said already god. But overseas people don't get it and that bugs the shit out of the NFL....why else do they continue to play games in London when it's only americans showing up to watch? Why do they keep talking about a team in Toronto when clearly Canadians as a whole could give a flying fuck about football when Hockey takes up 9 months of their lives every year. Beleive me I would love to think that the Browns are sacrosanct but i'm not naive enough anymore to think that given the right circumstances, meaning the right money is on teh table, a bunch of franchises could be uprooted.

One or two could be. And Oakland is making noise about moving back to LA. As for the US being saturated? Not true. The US could easily support 4 more franchises...if the Raiders stayed in Oakland you could put expansion teams in LA, San Antonio/Austin, Portland, Salt Lake City. Here is the Nielsen DMA by which they would go by:

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Market_Profiles_Nielsen_TVHH_DMA_Ranks_2013-2014.pdf

They would probably on pick 2 of those...and yes would probably cream their jeans over the thought of Toronto or London UK...

but they ain't leaving Cleveland, which is one of the Top 20 DMAs.

wow, pgh's really 30th in the league on that list? wut? and you go back a couple years, when they were playing very very good football...they're still not better than the mid 20's. Anyway, it's good news....i certainly knew we had one of the better attendance records in the NFL. But I'm still wondering how much we're worth to the NFL. I know the team makes good gate obviously. I just wonder where we are brand wise. I hate to say it but I would think the Steelers are a much more valuable "brand" to the NFL than we are currently.

The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

The Steelers are 30th because they play in one of the 3 smallest stadiums in the NFL. They could have built more seats when they built PNC, but they didn't want to so that the demand for their tickets stayed high.

ahh, they're listing at as raw numbers and not percentage of seats filled. Makes sense I guess.

what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

well in some ways that "could" skew the facts. I have no idea what shittspuke ticket prices are but if they're substantially higher than Cleveland than they could theoretically pull in as much gate as the Browns do with lesser attendance. I'm pretty sure merchandise wise the steelers do significantly better than the Browns. I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people.

what they should have done was compare incomes. Thats all that really matters if u think about it.

Most NFL teams are privately held businesses not public....except for the Packers, and they will by NO means ever disclose their income/loss/profit figures.

well in some ways that "could" skew the facts. I have no idea what shittspuke ticket prices are but if they're substantially higher than Cleveland than they could theoretically pull in as much gate as the Browns do with lesser attendance. I'm pretty sure merchandise wise the steelers do significantly better than the Browns. I don't where the Browns are ranked but Shittspuke is 9th in team merchanidse. That can't be all pgh people.

who cares? Its all about the mighty dollar in the end.

Archived