THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns RT SChwartz ranked #12.

calfoxwc

Not bad. It's tough playing next to Lauvao, who probably won't make the team

next year. Need a ROG to step in, and life would be easier for the Browns' RT.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1949457-br-nfl-1000-top-35-right-tackles/page/23

didnt' expect that high of a ranking. But I'm really not sure how much poor rg play affected Scwartz getting beat "alot" 1v1 on the outside. Just remembering the Miami game, he got scalded around the edge. And cousins was bulled into the backfield "every single down". So yeah we absolutely need to address the guard spots.

didnt' expect that high of a ranking. But I'm really not sure how much poor rg play affected Scwartz getting beat "alot" 1v1 on the outside. Just remembering the Miami game, he got scalded around the edge. And cousins was bulled into the backfield "every single down". So yeah we absolutely need to address the guard spots.

He was getting beaten easily by a speed rush early in the season. There's a stat in that article saying he gave up 7 sacks in the first 4 games, then 4 for the rest of the season. Perhaps he just trained against mingo the entire time?! Either way, he improved as the season went on, like his rookie year. If he can just start strong with it, he'll be excellent.

And yes, better help at OG would be good.

imo he still is. hasn't proved anything to me.......yet.

maybe if the guard next to him stepped up i'd believe that ranking. but for now i'm with londonbrown thinking they made a typo and printed a 1 instead of a 3. the whole right side of our OL is shit.

Schwartz is good. Not sure why there's any doubters. He was a 2nd round pick, and was the purest RT coming out of his draft class. Sure, he got beat bad a couple times, but what player doesn't? Thomas even gets beat on occasions. He's going into his 3rd year, and should be solid for us at that spot for years to come... The only problem on the line was RG all season long...

Schwartz is good. Not sure why there's any doubters. He was a 2nd round pick, and was the purest RT coming out of his draft class. Sure, he got beat bad a couple times, but what player doesn't? Thomas even gets beat on occasions. He's going into his 3rd year, and should be solid for us at that spot for years to come... The only problem on the line was RG all season long...

You are correct, everyone gets beat at times. But you have to admit the start of his season was scary. I believe he will be a great tackle, no matter who is at G. Defending one on one pass rushers has nothing to do with the G. He will continue to improve and impress

I know many fans wanted Joe Thomas' little bro, Crimini or something like that a while back. I think he just got released. Was he any good? I mean obviously he was cut, but does he suck worse than Lavaman or Pinkey?

Yet another heckert pick. Sure glad the whole banner Lombardi bullshit cost us a pretty good GM.

imagine farmer and heckert together. (i guess farmer was a scout while heckert was here), but if heckert were the pres. of football operations and farmer were the GM........................

don't know if either's egos could handle it but just sayin.

I don't know about heckerts ego??? I'm pretty sure Holmgren bullied him time to time. Hard to imagine who Heckert would be gunning for in this draft? Or last for that matter? 2 more solid mid round picks last year and this is a new ballgame.

Heckert would have taken Mathieu and Burfict.

Last year's gone. Let's get over it, move forward, appreciate Banner/Lombardi being gone, & support the guys we have NOW.

Sorry, but I get tired of this living in the past shit.

Mike

Last year's gone. Let's get over it, move forward, appreciate Banner/Lombardi being gone, & support the guys we have NOW.

Sorry, but I get tired of this living in the past shit.

Mike

I am excited as anyone for this new group. not many guys ever that we can look back and say wish we still had him. my expectations for farmer is to be AT LEAST as competent asHeckert.

Archived