THE BROWNS BOARD

Is This Guy Dreaming ?

darren15

I don't think he's that crazy. Seems like a decent wish list to me.

I'd be more than happy with that stuff, except for the part about trading #71 for cousins.

Although I think we may address defense at 4 and WR at 26 instead of going Watkins.

I agree. Dont think this is too crazy to believe. I also like his ideas, but I would switch a couple up as well. Here's my hoping for the offseason...

Re-Sign

Alex Mack ~8M

Billy Cundiff ~1.5M

Craig Robertson ~1M

Sign

Jairus Byrd ~12M

Emmanuel Sanders ~5.5M

Jeff Cumberland ~2.5M

Jon Asamoah ~5M

Draft ~6M

1.4 – Sammy Watkins, WR – Clemson

1.26 – Jimmy Garoppolo, QB – Eastern Illinois

2.35 – Ryan Shazier, LB – Ohio State

3.71 – Loucheiz Purifoy, CB – Florida

3.83 – Deone Bucannon, S – Washington State

4.102 – Lache Seastrunk, RB – Baylor

4.123 – Chris Borland, LB – Wisconsin

5.133 – Storm Johnson, RB – Central Florida

6.164 – Ross Cockrell, CB – Duke

7.195 – Keith Wenning, QB – Ball State

QB – Jimmy Garoppolo, Brian Hoyer, Keith Wenning

RB – Lache Seastrunk, Dion Lewis, Storm Johnson

FB – Marqueis Gray/UDFA/FA

TE – Jordan Cameron, Jeff Cumberland, Gary Barnidge

WR – Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Greg Little, Travis Benjamin

T – Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, Chris Faulk, Reid Fragel

LG – John Greco, Jon Asamoah, Jason Pinkston, Garret Gilkey

C – Alex Mack

DE – Desmond Bryant, Ahtyba Rubin, Billy Wynn, Armonty Bryant

NT – Phil Taylor, John Hughes, Ishmaa’ily Kitchen

OLB – Jabaal Sheard, Paul Kruger, Barkevious Mingo

ILB – Ryan Shazier, Craig Robertson, Chris Borland, Tank Carder

CB – Joe Haden, Buster Skrine, Loucheiz Purifoy, Ross Cockrell, Leon McFadden

S – Jairus Byrd, Tashaun Gipson, Deone Bucannon, Johnson Bademosi

K – Billy Cundiff

P – Spencer Lanning

LS - Christian Yount

Leaves us with 3 spots left. I think the battle will come down to:

Julian Posey/Jordan Proyer, Edwin Baker, Josh Cooper/Charles Johnson, Jamoris Slaughter, and then whatever UDFAs we bring in.

By my rough calculations on contracts... that would leave us around 17.5M if cap space (pre-draft which I am saying will cost ~6M). I'm assuming Joe Haden will get a few million per year raise... going from ~9M to about ~12M. So between that re-signing and the draft, we're looking at about 8.5M± depending on how frivolous or generous I was with my cap hits.

if we draft garoppollo there's no way he starts over hoyer. he someone that needs to sit, unless of course the injury bug hits hoyer again.

i do like your RB selections. purifoy is alright, but he stunk it up at the combine. i would hope they'd add height at CB, also at WR. i'd draft evans over watkins all day long.

if we draft garoppollo there's no way he starts over hoyer. he someone that needs to sit, unless of course the injury bug hits hoyer again.

i do like your RB selections. purifoy is alright, but he stunk it up at the combine. i would hope they'd add height at CB, also at WR. i'd draft evans over watkins all day long.

For some reason I was thinking Purifoy was like 6'1". I also dont think we're going to actually pick at all ten selections though either, so we could move around in certain rounds to try to get a bigger guy too.

With Garoppolo I could see it either way with Hoyer. I wouldnt want to start him right away either, but being a first rounder, I could see it happening too.

The Evans vs Watkins debate. I think that Watkins is a more polished WR currently and that his "floor" is much higher than Evans. Evans and Watkins "ceiling" I feel like is really close and you could argue either way. With that being so close, I'd rather get the safer guy.

I was underwhelmed with Shazier once state started playing even just halfway decent teams. He's a 4-3 OLB to me, at best. He's not the guy we need replacing DQ. If we're gonna address the MLB situation in the draft it has to be in the 1st round. Mack or Mosley seems like to me...or that kid from Michigan St? I forget his name...maybe we could get him with the indy pick, i dunno.

I don't think he's that crazy. Seems like a decent wish list to me.

I'd be more than happy with that stuff, except for the part about trading #71 for cousins.

Although I think we may address defense at 4 and WR at 26 instead of going Watkins.

Totally agree- we're not going for Cousins unless he comes way cheaper than a third rounder, and he won't be starting over Hoyer anyway.

Archived