THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts around the league

utzie

I figured it would be beneficial to start a topic with some new free agents as teams are starting to make some cuts. Some of these guys will be at positions of need and could be worth a look.

Adam Schefter recently reported on Twitter...

Chargers released:

CB Derek Cox

CB Johnny Patrick

FB Le'Ron McClain

Redskins released:

DE Adam Carriker

P Sav Rocca

TE Richard Quinn

Haha sorry, posted from my phone and it auto corrected. I'll edit to say Redskins.

I thought maybe the NFL got a hold of you to tell you that you were assessed a fans version of a 15 yard penalty for uttering a racist epithet.

It is truly amazing that they would be so silly as to want to issue a penalty for a racist epithet, while having a racist epithet as the name of one of its franchises.

Maybe they will put a team in LA and call it The LA Wetbacks.

don't see anyone on the list i would even hope to pick up.

maybe the FB but i would think we would try to reposition obi to do those duties especially if we draft a RB in the draft. we would have the rookie, lewis and obi. and within the depths charts we'd be cutting mcgahee and one of the 2 other guys fozzy, baker or cook.

Adam Carriker is slightly interesting for me. Been injured the past couple of years but has the size to play a 3-4 DE and was once a high draft pick. Now, I would only sign him to a 1 year deal, pretty much for league minimum and then incentives based on PT and performance. IDK. He is damaged goods though and I think we are fine on the DL, so I am not overly serious about this, but could be worth a look.

don't see anyone on the list i would even hope to pick up.

maybe the FB but i would think we would try to reposition obi to do those duties especially if we draft a RB in the draft. we would have the rookie, lewis and obi. and within the depths charts we'd be cutting mcgahee and one of the 2 other guys fozzy, baker or cook.

are you saying you'd rather have obi running FB than Laron Mclain?

I liked how we started to use Obi later in the year. FB at some points but also as 3rd down back now and then. He seemed to have good hands catching the ball when needed too. Maybe we get an "actual" FB, but with their fading importance I would be cool keeping Obi. Maybe not the best run blocker but he ccan do a lot of things

Archived