THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers continue to get old

Zombo

Heath miller being overrated is seriously one of the more amusing things I've read on this board. If anything he's underrated and the browns are a lot more than just a qb away from winning football games. How about some continuity? How about keeping veteran leadership around. Who is a leader on that team right now?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heath miller being overrated is seriously one of the more amusing things I've read on this board. If anything he's underrated and the browns are a lot more than just a qb away from winning football games. How about some continuity? How about keeping veteran leadership around. Who is a leader on that team right now?

I'll grant you continuity has been a big issue with the Browns. Dawson and Jackson would still probably be here with more continuity, and more winning. However, Cundiff wasn't much worse than Dawson- DQ was let go because he wanted too much money for his skill set (coverage liability, slow filling gaps). So don't tell me we let talent go- the Steelers have been pretty good at dumping overpriced vets- starting With Wallace & Burress- and I can keep the litany going if you'd like.

BTW, that's also why Ward was allowed to test the FA market- he's good enough to make the Pro Bowl, but a coverage liability- and he's probably (according to NFL.com) going to get seriously overpaid for his talents. Replace him if the walks? Byrd from Buffalo (will cost a ton, but the Browns have the $$$) or Donte Whitner from SF- he's a Cleveland guy, and the Browns will have no problem if they want to outbid the Niners.

If we're over rating the Browns talent- the same goes the other way - you're seriously over rating the the Steelers. The Browns are a QB, OG, ILB, RB, #2 WR, and #2 corner away from blowing by you. All those positions will be addressed in the upcoming draft or FA.. By my count the Steelers have 13 players over 30, the Browns have 2- Campbell and Cundiff. So who's in better shape not only this year, but down the road? Old guys tend to have season long nagging injuries. Sorry- that's the way I see it.

PS- thanks for that third round pick in May.

Im going to respond to the above in greater detail a little later. My fiance had our son on saturday (our first) so ive been pretty busy. We gave you a 3rd for a high character, hard hitting safety that by all intents and purposes the browns could have use despite gipson having an okay season. The steelers were willing to trade that pick because shark first and foremost addresses a need an secondly we are getting a 3rd round comp for mike wallace. They resigned will allen who has been very steady. Polamalu will retire a steeler. Im goin to break down the entire roster later just because i enjoying debating and you are going to see the steelers have very few players over 30 in starting positions. Its a song you all continue to sing but each year the steelers get younger as their draft pcks begin to play. You also ran off 6 positions of need with on being very difficult to predict (qb). The upcoming draft is very deep but the browns arent going fix their mess in one season and they still lack continuity and veteran leadership.

breakdown the squeeles? They are already broken down, they will have fewer wins,

and stink more.

Take it to a squeeler forum, imho.

breakdown the squeeles? They are already broken down, they will have fewer wins,

and stink more.

Take it to a squeeler forum, imho.

Its a steeler thread. You dont have to read it. Seeing as my bet from last season never came to fruition what do you want to bet they finish better than 8-8 and certainly ahead of the stains?

Doesn't everybody continue to get old?

Not when you cut a 31 year old for a rookie.

Unless you're Cleveland and you are drafting 30 year old rookies.

Zombo

You just had a kid, but are coming here to defend your team against the mean Browns Board?

You suck, badly.

Soooo I can't browse the internet when I have a little bit of down time? I check this board daily. Ive been here a while so its a part of my routine. I went to college in Ohio and my closest friends from school are diehard browns fans. If you don't like what I have to say don't read itm. Do i suck as bad as your putrid bleacher articles?

The PFWA accepted me for my putrid writing. Your go-to is starting to look silly, you sad little dude.

Lets be real for a second. You're an unwanted internet troll, who has no reason being here. Yet you lurk still.

Just move on, no one cares. You aren't enlightening us on the state of the Steelers.

Lol wow the pfwa!?!? You don't have to be a good writer to get in to the pfwa. Plenty of wind bags claim the same. I know more than a few. Oh and sad little dude? I'm 31, 6'4 and 215 pounds. You bigger? Or was that just a cute quip to try and make me feel inadequate?

Except they didn't. We split with the Ravens. And though the Steelers won both games, I wouldn't call it a clobbering.

If not for turnovers committed by the Browns things could have been different.

Those team had, as I see it, one single advantage over the Browns: a better QB.

While that is sufficient, it can hopefully be rectified.

a lot of people think we should draft a DE or WR! or even trade

How about Walter Football saying Miller is "on his last legs" and has you drafting a TE in the first round? Actually you won't- take the best wr on the board. I doubt after the combine Evans is going to be there though.

no they'll grab one of the safeties or corners that we should be looking at in gibson and ha ha dixon and we'll continue to play with a chump #2 corner and not resign ward which means we'll have to over spend on a safety in FA unless we trade up from 26 to within the teens in the draft.

i swear the browns think haden can cover the whole field.

How about Walter Football saying Miller is "on his last legs" and has you drafting a TE in the first round? Actually you won't- take the best wr on the board. I doubt after the combine Evans is going to be there though.

Writing things of that nature is what the media does best. Miller absolutely is coming to the end of his career but he's still an amazing tight end and one of the best in the league. There isnt a more complete tight end in the NFL. I too also doubt Evans is available at 15. I wouldn't mind ebron. Its too high for a guy like Benjamin. I want a corner, safety or wr. I think someone is going to fall tho.

Soooo I can't browse the internet when I have a little bit of down time? I check this board daily. Ive been here a while so its a part of my routine. I went to college in Ohio and my closest friends from school are diehard browns fans. If you don't like what I have to say don't read itm. Do i suck as bad as your putrid bleacher articles?

Yeah right asshole unless you aren't doing jack shit to help out with the kid you'd be spending your few free minutes of time trying to get some sleep or something more important.

Lol wow the pfwa!?!? You don't have to be a good writer to get in to the pfwa. Plenty of wind bags claim the same. I know more than a few. Oh and sad little dude? I'm 31, 6'4 and 215 pounds. You bigger? Or was that just a cute quip to try and make me feel inadequate?

Lol! And when I bend over lightning bolts shoot out of my ass! Hahahaha

Yeah right asshole unless you aren't doing jack shit to help out with the kid you'd be spending your few free minutes of time trying to get some sleep or something more important.

Lol okay. What should I be doing when he's sleeping and I don't want to sleep? I didn't realize taking 5 minutes was so detrimental to my sons development. I check my Steeler board, this one and a few others. Ive got two kindles and an iPad and a lap top in the house and random scattered moments of free time throughout the day. Newborns sleep a lot in case you weren't aware dip sh.it.

The facts are the steelers are in a downward spiral that we all have been saying for years. Father time isn't on their side, they have to make cuts and again restructure contracts to stay under the cap. There drafts have been shit, Ben is a rapist, troy is a homo that wears his wedding ring on the wrong hand. I expect miller and troy to be riding the pine nursing them old hamstrings for most of the year. Tomlins seat gets really warm after this season, dick lebeu retires, and Tomlin gets fired the following season. I'm leaving a lot out but that's the gist of the future.

The facts are the steelers are in a downward spiral that we all have been saying for years. Father time isn't on their side, they have to make cuts and again restructure contracts to stay under the cap. There drafts have been shit, Ben is a rapist, troy is a homo that wears his wedding ring on the wrong hand. I expect miller and troy to be riding the pine nursing them old hamstrings for most of the year. Tomlins seat gets really warm after this season, dick lebeu retires, and Tomlin gets fired the following season. I'm leaving a lot out but that's the gist of the future.

They restructured brown. Troy and heath flat out took less money. We actually going to bet this season?

Lol okay. What should I be doing when he's sleeping and I don't want to sleep? I didn't realize taking 5 minutes was so detrimental to my sons development. I check my Steeler board, this one and a few others. Ive got two kindles and an iPad and a lap top in the house and random scattered moments of free time throughout the day. Newborns sleep a lot in case you weren't aware dip sh.it.

Rivalry BS aside for one post, congrats on the kid. Newborns are tough, I had twins last year, good luck dude, you know you will have to actually marry her now lol

Rivalry BS aside for one post, congrats on the kid. Newborns are tough, I had twins last year, good luck dude, you know you will have to actually marry her now lol

Thank man. He's been tough but equally amazing. I've been running on baby adrenaline since last weekend. As far as my lady is concerned we've been together a long time. Its just a matter of making it legal because the commitment and dedication had always been there. We will likely do a destination wedding much sooner than later and then have a reception for most of the family upon return.

i've been forcasting the steelers decline for three years now, and have stated it many times on this board and it is slowly coming to fruition.

i think the steelers at best will be a .500 team next year.

depending on the holes we have to fill and if we hit them correctly we could prob match that if not win one or two games better.

if you wanna bet for best season between the 2 i have no probs doing so. a gentlemen's bet of a six pack of the best IPAs from your area vs. the same for mine.

capiche?

i've been forcasting the steelers decline for three years now, and have stated it many times on this board and it is slowly coming to fruition.

i think the steelers at best will be a .500 team next year.

depending on the holes we have to fill and if we hit them correctly we could prob match that if not win one or two games better.

if you wanna bet for best season between the 2 i have no probs doing so. a gentlemen's bet of a six pack of the best IPAs from your area vs. the same for mine.

capiche?

Im kind of over ipa's at the moment but that sounds just fine to me. People here have been projecting the demise of the steelers since before super xl. You all have seen how thats worked out so far.

I hate Pittsburgh but ill bet they have a better record than cleveland next year.IDK why people say they will be down this year they finished very strong last year.if they carry it over I could see them going 10-6

you don't have to know anything. me and vagitron (which is not his original username) have been doing this for 3 years now.

i'm stating what i stated back in 2011 that the steelers under tomlin will draft horribly and continue to get old and not be as dominant as they once were.

i have no prob with 'vagitron'. i actually think he makes a lot of sense when it comes to pitt vs. cleve topics.

and i'll still bet a six on the browns just for the fuck of it. maybe we can mix and match bottles of good beer. yours from the midwest. mine from the east coast, depending on who wins.

you don't have to know anything. me and vagitron (which is not his original username) have been doing this for 3 years now.

i'm stating what i stated back in 2011 that the steelers under tomlin will draft horribly and continue to get old and not be as dominant as they once were.

i have no prob with 'vagitron'. i actually think he makes a lot of sense when it comes to pitt vs. cleve topics.

and i'll still bet a six on the browns just for the fuck of it. maybe we can mix and match bottles of good beer. yours from the midwest. mine from the east coast, depending on who wins.

How will this liquid goodness be delivered to the winner? And i appreciate the kind words. I dont care if this entire board hates me. Im not here to troll however and usually just happily read. All of which ends in a hurry when the steeler signal shines brightly in the night sky and im tasked to defend their honor. :)

How will this liquid goodness be delivered to the winner? And i appreciate the kind words. I dont care if this entire board hates me. Im not here to troll however and usually just happily read. All of which ends in a hurry when the steeler signal shines brightly in the night sky and im tasked to defend their honor. :)

I don't even dislike you much less hate you- though you are a huge Steeler homer- just admit it. If I had Zombo's level of Mod powers, I'd long ago have given you your original name back. I think it's sort of childish- and to my mind, not very funny.

Archived