THE BROWNS BOARD

We have to get this player!

PoeticG

I've been watching a ton of prospects. College games, interviews, the Scouting Combine and now into ProDays. I've seen several guys that I think will be really good players in the NFL, more specifically, really good players for the Cleveland Browns. I thought this would be a good place to state your opinions on different players and why you would want them to join the Browns this up-coming season.

I'll just start with a guy many of you already know. He's a RB from Kent State University, the same college that Josh Cribbs went to. His name is Dri Archer. I think that he is a natural fit for our team post Cribbs. We all hoped that Benjamin would take the reigns and be that guy. Since Benjamin was hurt, who knows if he'll be the same guy? I would like the Browns to pick up Dri Archer in a later round(maybe 4th or 5th) to complement Benjamin in the return game. Both are similar in size and body type, both have/had blazing speed and quick twitch reflexes.

I think that by adding Dri and Travis together on kick returns and punt returns that it would increase their longevity for the Browns while adding another dimension to the return game.

Also Imagine a formation where Benjamin lines up on one side and Archer on the other and they do and end around? Two blazing fast little fuckers and only one ball, who has it? lol

I'd take him, but he's a Benjamin clone and I'm not sure we need 2. He's even smaller than Benjamin.

Doing end arounds on kick returns probably isn't an every game thing to do. All we get is 1 less person who can block if theyre out there at the same time IMO.

I didn't want to tag Dri Archer in the tag box. That just happened somehow. This is more about any player. But thanks for the feedback on Archer.

The thing is I like Benjamin but honestly, he's not capable of being an every down WR or an every return type of player. He and Archer could rotate the return duties and then you have formations where Benji is a WR slot and Archer the third down back or whatever, right? Those are the situations where you run the end arounds, not necessarily on kickoff returns alone.

As much as I would hate to have two guys the similar build or whatever it would be nice insurance. Those guys are little and can only take so many hits. To ensure that we can maintain our return game throughout the season and into the playoffs without a dropoff if one gets injured I believe having two guys like Benji and Archer would be vital for sustained success. Feel me>?

Archer would be beneficial. He's one of those later round guys who I'd almost guarantee makes an impact if he doesn't get killed.

One guy for me is Xavier su'a-filo.

Fits the zbs possibly better than any other guard prospect. Quick, big, strong.

He is tiny. 5'8 174. I could see durability issues in his future. Someone will eventually catch him clean on a return.

Yeah I think the days of guys like Dino Hall and Gerald McNeil (both smaller) are pretty much over.

Archived