THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Johnson

cambridgeho

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/09/titans-will-commence-efforts-to-trade-chris-johnson/

any thoughts on this.

personally would like to maybe see us get him if he isnt traded. Titans have had shit for a QB also, so his numbers have dipped.

No way would I want to trade for him, but he'd be worth a look if they do cut him. I think he will demand too much money and we could probably get someone in the draft for cheaper who will give comparable production at this stage in his career. He's definitely a huge upgrade over anything we currently have on the roster, though.

No way would I want to trade for him, but he'd be worth a look if they do cut him. I think he will demand too much money and we could probably get someone in the draft for cheaper who will give comparable production at this stage in his career. He's definitely a huge upgrade over anything we currently have on the roster, though.

Agreed. I just keep visualizing him at rb and Gordon, Watkins and Cameron whooping ass.

No way. Ultimate selfish guy right there. Always blaming someone else for his problems. Once he got that contract he stopped playing hard.

Ya I seen that article the other day on his accountability. As always I want to win though. What ever philosophy we have had in the past has not worked. So bringing in bad boys or self centered fucks may work for us. Who knows!

Ya I seen that article the other day on his accountability. As always I want to win though. What ever philosophy we have had in the past has not worked. So bringing in bad boys or self centered fucks may work for us. Who knows!

Same here. I don't mind dick heads playing for our team, but they need to play at a high enough level to justify dealing with their shit. Johnson is way past that.

Under no circumstances. This is one of the prime diva's of the NFL who knows his time is up but is trying to sucker one last team into a even a mediocre contract...cause he knows he can't command top dollar anymore. He's just trying to pad his bank account for retirement now. In his "prime"...he could make things happen on his own, i'll give him that. But now, behind our line? No way. I don't want our O line to have to adapt some finesse blocking schemes to accommodate his running style. I want them firing out and drive blocking and I want a draft horse FB/RB tandem coming in right behind em. Then we bring in the change of pace back we already have. I'm even unsure about Tate...but I'd much rather have him than Johnson. Tate has something to prove...so does Gerhardt. Those are the kinds of guys that I want coming to Cleveland. Not these has beens looking for one last sucker before they go down in camp clutching their knees and say that's it that's it. If I thought Johnson still had that drive to be the best RB in the game, to be better than Peterson...maybe. But he doesn't so no.

Archived