THE BROWNS BOARD

Up side to using hoyer

Babernakle

Brain hoyer thrilled and impressed us with his first three starts. He's big mobile and gets the ball out fast. His decision making ability jumped leaps and bounds just between his first and second start. So with bess gone and little having drop problems, and running back by committy it's only smart to keep, and use hoyer. Now I think his up side is major and he is better than any qb in the draft. So who do we pick? Well considering all options it should be Watkins, by taking Watkins it releaves the pressure off Gordon and Jordan,and puts three great targets on the field, and will push little to play better if they keep him. And look out for josh cooper I believe he could make hay in the slot if they play him. Now with our other first round pick we could get Carlos Hyde, having the best players at there positions in the draft. So by using hoyer and getting Watkins and Hyde this will create a circle of balance and open the offens, which will protect or d and let them flourish. To me there is no other decision. Go browns

From what I can see you want the browns to continue to suck. What's the browns raiders, jags, and Minnesota have in common there always getting other good teams rejects at qb or using old qbs and developing a young guy. How's that working out. Let use what we got and put talent around the qb. It's time to think a different way!

From what I can see you want the browns to continue to suck. What's the browns raiders, jags, and Minnesota have in common there always getting other good teams rejects at qb or using old qbs and developing a young guy. How's that working out. Let use what we got and put talent around the qb. It's time to think a different way!

So we shouldn't get a good team's reject QB, and we should go with Hoyer? Who has been rejected by what, the Pats & Steelers at least? Or should we go draft a QB in the first round and give him a few years to settle in, like Gabbert and Ponder? Or should we trade for an experienced QB like Oakland did for Palmer?

What is your point here?

Brain hoyer thrilled and impressed us with his first three starts. He's big mobile and gets the ball out fast. His decision making ability jumped leaps and bounds just between his first and second start. So with bess gone and little having drop problems, and running back by committy it's only smart to keep, and use hoyer. Now I think his up side is major and he is better than any qb in the draft. So who do we pick? Well considering all options it should be Watkins, by taking Watkins it releaves the pressure off Gordon and Jordan,and puts three great targets on the field, and will push little to play better if they keep him. And look out for josh cooper I believe he could make hay in the slot if they play him. Now with our other first round pick we could get Carlos Hyde, having the best players at there positions in the draft. So by using hoyer and getting Watkins and Hyde this will create a circle of balance and open the offens, which will protect or d and let them flourish. To me there is no other decision. Go browns

I liked what you were saying, but I notice 3 immediate problems...

1 - we've been talking about this "ad nauseam" on this board since last November (if not earlier)

2 - drafting Hyde at 26??? dumb

3 - you spelled "committee" with a "y"

Hoyer is not a reject he's never been a teams start he's been a perpetual back up his whole life, and what I am talking about is we already have him he works why go looking for a project and focus on the rest of the team

Hoyer is not a reject he's never been a teams start he's been a perpetual back up his whole life, and what I am talking about is we already have him he works why go looking for a project and focus on the rest of the team

i agree with this 100%.

you have to realize what makes up the base of cleveland browns fans on this forum.

50% want to draft a QB at 4, but it has to be their guy (bortles, bridgewater or manziel), if it's anybody else they won't be happy. the other 40% want watkins as the next (in their opinions) biggest playmaker in the league. and there's the rest of us who just want them to select the right guy, no matter who it is. and if they don't like who's there @4 when picking trade down.

you'll get to know each of these fans as time goes on.

we've got the OSU homers, who i guarantee if braxton miller came out would have us draft miller, hyde and shazier. we've got the southern boys here who like a little red in their neck and think manziel is the next coming of russell wilson with the circus fanbase of tebow.

or you have reasonable people who just want this team to succeed albeit with hoyer starting and making the team stronger around the position of QB so whoever is tossed into the gauntlet as QB has a chance to survive.

i agree with this 100%.

you have to realize what makes up the base of cleveland browns fans on this forum.

50% want to draft a QB at 4, but it has to be their guy (bortles, bridgewater or manziel), if it's anybody else they won't be happy. the other 40% want watkins as the next (in their opinions) biggest playmaker in the league. and there's the rest of us who just want them to select the right guy, no matter who it is. and if they don't like who's there @4 when picking trade down.

you'll get to know each of these fans as time goes on.

we've got the OSU homers, who i guarantee if braxton miller came out would have us draft miller, hyde and shazier. we've got the southern boys here who like a little red in their neck and think manziel is the next coming of russell wilson with the circus fanbase of tebow.

or you have reasonable people who just want this team to succeed albeit with hoyer starting and making the team stronger around the position of QB so whoever is tossed into the gauntlet as QB has a chance to survive.

U forgot the fan who sits on the fence with no opinion, criticises anyone else's opinion, and acts like they had the correct idea the whole way if they ever win.

As far as the Buckeyes homer goes. It's better to not want a buckeyes player I guess. I've wanted some big name buckeyes before like Holmes, Glenn, and George. But as a bucknut I never wanted Smith, Ginn, Wells, laurenutis, hawk, or Jenkins.

But in a coincidence I really like Hyde and Shazier this year for this team. Call me Homer all u want but a true Homer would want Roby too right?? I don't want Roby.

Shazier? Ugh....I hguess if you hget him in the 4th or later. Straight line speed isn't very useful as a mlb.

Hyde in the 3rd....OK. But hes a rb, which can be had anywhere as used in shannahans system. The history says that system takes a running back and makes his career. Morris...a 6th rounder, torn up the league. Its a plug and play system....hyde isn't really a requirement.

I am a buckeyes homer for the buckeyes when they leave could care less. I like Hyde for the simple fact he didn't have a negative run last year. He's a one cut guy. Which shannahan likes , A between the tackles guy. And although I do hate kipper he's right about one thing he looks like lacy. But yes I want guys that are going to make us better not just a flashy name or an ego, guy that can just play, and I think hoyer is a ( player)

Thing is I think right now we are Seattle three years ago. And emerging d starting to collect weapons on offense, new coach, and hoyer ( Russell Wilson) and remember Wilson was nothing great, and honestly still isn't elite. But he doesn't make mistakes and lets his play makers do there jobs. But what dose he do well accurate, motivated, and mobile, but not a runner just enough to get an opening.

Shazier? Ugh....I hguess if you hget him in the 4th or later. Straight line speed isn't very useful as a mlb.

Hyde in the 3rd....OK. But hes a rb, which can be had anywhere as used in shannahans system. The history says that system takes a running back and makes his career. Morris...a 6th rounder, torn up the league. Its a plug and play system....hyde isn't really a requirement.

So Shazier is what the next Burfict?? He was one if the big stories of the combine. Probably the fastest LB in the field. And he put up close to Andy Katzenmoyer numbers for a very shit OSU D. I can respect not wanting a guy but lets not downplay talent

didn't we draft a one cut guy with our first pick 2 years ago? how'd that work out?

we need a tailback with as many moves as someone on 'dancing in the bars', i mean 'dancing with the stars'. :blink:

hey i love the OSU too. i just know when to differentiate my love for a player cuz he plays on my team and a player who plays on another team who is much better at said position.

and cdl15 that comment wasn't aimed at you.

So Shazier is what the next Burfict?? He was one if the big stories of the combine. Probably the fastest LB in the field. And he put up close to Andy Katzenmoyer numbers for a very shit OSU D. I can respect not wanting a guy but lets not downplay talent

downplay talent? OK....

Again...fastest lb on the field means nothing. Speed is not what's important for a ilb. Getting to the ball 5 yards behind the Los means jack if he can't make the play. And I'm not sold he can. In the 4th sure.....he'd be awesome. In the 2nd....waste of a pick....IMO.

Just a difference of opinion. I'm no scouting guru....nor do I claim to be. Just not enamored by a guy that lit up the shorts Olympics.

didn't we draft a one cut guy with our first pick 2 years ago? how'd that work out?

we need a tailback with as many moves as someone on 'dancing in the bars', i mean 'dancing with the stars'. :blink:

hey i love the OSU too. i just know when to differentiate my love for a player cuz he plays on my team and a player who plays on another team who is much better at said position.

and cdl15 that comment wasn't aimed at you.

No it's cool I would be fine with another rb. But I think Hyde has the skill set the browns don't have. Hydes season is sorely underestimated by many. Never liked the TRICH pick but I cheered him as loud as any rb fail we've had.

downplay talent? OK....

Again...fastest lb on the field means nothing. Speed is not what's important for a ilb. Getting to the ball 5 yards behind the Los means jack if he can't make the play. And I'm not sold he can. In the 4th sure.....he'd be awesome. In the 2nd....waste of a pick....IMO.

Just a difference of opinion. I'm no scouting guru....nor do I claim to be. Just not enamored by a guy that lit up the shorts Olympics.

we need a linebacker that can cover the running back out of the backfield we got torched there last year probably worse In league

Archived