THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign LB Dansby

bonedawg

Happy to see this, I have wanted Dansby in a Browns uni for years. Good god if we add Revis to the rest of the moves we have made we will have the most feared D in the NFL.

Revis is a primadonna that didnt live up to expectations in tampa. Hes a big name thay carries a relativelh decent risk. Beyond that the "shutdown corner" role is gradually playing its way out of the game with a lot of teams working the middle of the field out of the slot. The browns would be making a mistake going after revis.

Revis is a primadonna that didnt live up to expectations in tampa. Hes a big name thay carries a relativelh decent risk. Beyond that the "shutdown corner" role is gradually playing its way out of the game with a lot of teams working the middle of the field out of the slot. The browns would be making a mistake going after revis.

It would not be a mistake if it were for the right price. Revis is a primadonna only in the sense that he is always unhappy about the money he receives. But he is still one of the top 5 CBs in the league.

And the "Shutdown corner" in NOT playing it way out of the game. Yes, team's now play the middle of the field more because of the hitting rules wherein anyone that makes a tackle can be hit with a penalty, but it is still important to be able to shut out the other team's best WR. Joe Haden did that with AJ Green and Calvin Johnson. You still need a great CB to cover a great WR. And Revis can still fill that bill. Teams would have no choice then but to work the middle of the field. But then that is where a Whitner/Dansby come in. They cover better than the guys they replaced. That combo of Dansby/Whitner is a slight upgrade from DQ/TJ. So Whitner/Gipson/Dansby plus either Robertson or whomever they get as the #2 MLB need to do their jobs.

I knew Dansby was a vet...I did not know till now that he's 10 years in. I thought 6 maybe 7 years. So at 32 and 10 years in the league this guy isn't over the hill but DQ was? Makes no sense. I know he's still a decent LB'er but 6m for 4 years? Well whatever what's done is done. Would have preferred he be 28 so that he'd be 32 at the end of that contract....not 36

I knew Dansby was a vet...I did not know till now that he's 10 years in. I thought 6 maybe 7 years. So at 32 and 10 years in the league this guy isn't over the hill but DQ was? Makes no sense. I know he's still a decent LB'er but 6m for 4 years? Well whatever what's done is done. Would have preferred he be 28 so that he'd be 32 at the end of that contract....not 36

He's not over the hill. DQ isn't necessarily either.

Dansbys best year was last year. Dansby can cover. Dansby doesn't make every tackle 6 yards down field.

I respect and like DQ as much as the next guy, but Dansby is a better stop gap than DQ period.

I think Dansby is an upgrade over DQ...

The above is one of my better backhanded compliments of late.

Personally ILB is a position I would have upgraded in the draft with either Wisconsin's Borland or UConn's Smallwood in Rnd 2 or 3.

Archived