THE BROWNS BOARD

wonder where the browns are cap wise?

jeffinwv

Last I heard we were at about 28 mil. Plenty of space for this year and beyond.

Gotta get deals done with Haden, Taylor, Cameron and Gordon. And work things out with Mack one way or the other.

Z

We started in the $50m region. On the proviso Mack signs on, make it $40m. I think Whitner and Dansby contributer about $9.5m against the cap this year total, so down to about $30m. Add on Trufant's $1.5m, 2 year deal and $28m sounds about close enough.

so the browns have 28 million to spend but have these above four to pay yet.how much of this 28 will they take up?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Taylor go. At least, he's probably 3rd or 4th on that list.

Haden, you're probably looking something like a 5 year, $50m contract - based roughly on what Talib got, he's that ball park of ability. SO put another $10m on the cap space.

Gordon - I doubt he'd get Johnson/Fitzgerald money, $16m per year. But another season like the one just gone and he's in to that second tier easily - around $12m per year.

Taylor and Cameron would both probably be in the $5m ball park. But neither are really *elite* players.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Taylor go. At least, he's probably 3rd or 4th on that list.

Haden, you're probably looking something like a 5 year, $50m contract - based roughly on what Talib got, he's that ball park of ability. SO put another $10m on the cap space.

Gordon - I doubt he'd get Johnson/Fitzgerald money, $16m per year. But another season like the one just gone and he's in to that second tier easily - around $12m per year.

Taylor and Cameron would both probably be in the $5m ball park. But neither are really *elite* players.

I have to disagree with you on Gordon. If he puts up numbers like last year bolstered by an additional two games he will get 1st tier money either here or elsewhere.

I have to disagree with you on Gordon. If he puts up numbers like last year bolstered by an additional two games he will get 1st tier money either here or elsewhere.

Don't forget the suspension possibility against him. But yes, you're probably right that some team will pay him the big bucks if not us.

Archived