THE BROWNS BOARD

New Tight End signed - Jim Dray

John.R.Brown1968

OK, I wasn't sure if TE was a position of need, but any upgrade is good if this is one. The Browns have Cameron, Barnidge, Marquise Gray, Andre Smith, Keavon Milton on roster now.

ESPN rates him as the 9th best free agent TE that was available. Could he be our #2 TE over Barnidge et al?

OK, I wasn't sure if TE was a position of need, but any upgrade is good if this is one. The Browns have Cameron, Barnidge, Marquise Gray, Andre Smith, Keavon Milton on roster now.

ESPN rates him as the 9th best free agent TE that was available. Could he be our #2 TE over Barnidge et al?

I forgot about Smith and Milton. I'm wondering if they might look at some of these dudes as possible H-Back/Full back types.

I like him already! Good size. I love blocking tight ends. Seems this one can catch.

Zombo

I was reading Dawgs by Nature - mixed reviews, depending on who you go by. Pro Football Talk said he's a subpar ( actually, they said woeful ) run blocker. But from Cardinals affiliate - They said he was the most reliable of all Arizona TEs. Arians said he was very trustworthy - not stellar at receiving or blocking, but reliable at both.

I was reading Dawgs by Nature - mixed reviews, depending on who you go by. Pro Football Talk said he's a subpar ( actually, they said woeful ) run blocker. But from Cardinals affiliate - They said he was the most reliable of all Arizona TEs. Arians said he was very trustworthy - not stellar at receiving or blocking, but reliable at both.

We definitely needed another big body. That Marques Gray is no Tight end. He's some sort of football player ... but not a TE.

Zombo

Marques Gray is WildQuarterRunningEndTightBack. I think that's his official position description. :lol:

Shanny may find use for him in the backfield. I like him a lot. I just don't count him when I start taking an inventory of actual tight ends. Seems Washington employed an H-Back type successfully over the years.

Zombo

Pro football talk's analysis is about as valid as mine...

He was a core player on the Arizona Cardinals Special teams unit... looks like this pickup and the CB yesterday was to improve our ST units- I like it.

He is a true depth signing that you normally see at this point in FA. A guy brought in the compete with our bottom 5 TE. We could easily carry 4 TE again this year simply because of what someone else mentioned. Gray isn't really a TE, he is simply an offensive player. If the NFL hadn't put the hammer down on listing players as "Offensive Weapons" that is exactly what he would be listed at. WildDawg/Gameday 3rd string QB, running back, 2nd TE, slot reciever, red zone target. He needs to be listed someone so considering his height and weight it might as well be TE.

Archived