THE BROWNS BOARD

Sammy posts pic in Browns Uniform

John.R.Brown1968

I like this one:

As much as I like John Football and even Bridgewater, they scare me. All these QBs have massive question marks that scare me from drafting them at # 4. I'm for taking a midround pick ( McCarron, Garappolo ) and holding out hope for a top QB next year.

If I'm drafting at 4, I want a can't miss player that fills a need. Lord knows, Greg Little has made Braylon Edwards look like Cris Carter. I'm taking Watkins.

Clowney? Work ethic is flag. Talking for a payday. ( but the dude is a freak! )

Mack - maybe, but where do you put him? He's not an ILB, and we have OLB in excess.

Robinson? Matthews? top caliber LTs ... do you slap them at RT? that's high for # 4.

Now, you start looking at trade down territory.

But if it's me, and we can't find a dance partner, I'm bringing in Watkins.

Watkins, Hawkins, Cameron, Gordon. That's a lot of speed. I'm all for it.

( But above all else ... I prefer trading down )

As much as I like John Football and even Bridgewater, they scare me. All these QBs have massive question marks that scare me from drafting them at # 4. I'm for taking a midround pick ( McCarron, Garappolo ) and holding out hope for a top QB next year.

If I'm drafting at 4, I want a can't miss player that fills a need. Lord knows, Greg Little has made Braylon Edwards look like Cris Carter. I'm taking Watkins.

Clowney? Work ethic is flag. Talking for a payday. ( but the dude is a freak! )

Mack - maybe, but where do you put him? He's not an ILB, and we have OLB in excess.

Robinson? Matthews? top caliber LTs ... do you slap them at RT? that's high for # 4.

Now, you start looking at trade down territory.

But if it's me, and we can't find a dance partner, I'm bringing in Watkins.

Watkins, Hawkins, Cameron, Gordon. That's a lot of speed. I'm all for it.

( But above all else ... I prefer trading down )

Very much agree. I would like to see us trade down - maybe throw in a few of our later picks to get the quality over quantity.

I like this one:

We got it. You love manziel :-p

One of the guys on clevelandbrowns.com said- and I like the idea- put Johnny Football in the Elf outfit. Draft him in the 7th round to be the mascot. I like his enthusiasm there- he'd be the toughest mascot in the NFL. Pettine said he wanted some toughness in Cleveland- that even goes for the mascot- and fans. We're bringing back the D batteries to the Dawg Pound folks. :)

Sammy Watkins will hopefully be drafted at #4 overall. There is a great amount of depth regarding the wideout position in the 2014 draft, though, i believe Sammy is a clear number 1. Sammy Watkins is not a head case or a diva like some potential suitors for the Browns, Watkins wants to play for Cleveland, ranked #1 as a wideout in the draft, will relieve some pressure off of Gordon and most importantly, we need a more talented #2 wr. Think about it Gordon, Watkins, Hawkins (Edelman potentially) and Cameron. Now that is a great receiving core. Potentially an elite receiving core! Go Browns!

Sammy Watkins will hopefully be drafted at #4 overall. There is a great amount of depth regarding the wideout position in the 2014 draft, though, i believe Sammy is a clear number 1. Sammy Watkins is not a head case or a diva like some potential suitors for the Browns, Watkins wants to play for Cleveland, ranked #1 as a wideout in the draft, will relieve some pressure off of Gordon and most importantly, we need a more talented #2 wr. Think about it Gordon, Watkins, Hawkins (Edelman potentially) and Cameron. Now that is a great receiving core. Potentially an elite receiving core! Go Browns!

It'd be one of the best in the league if he lives up to the hype .

Nobody should be upset if we draft Watkins. He looks a very solid player and we'd have an elite receiving corps with him and the pro-bowlers. I just can't shake the idea it's a luxury pick when we have other needs available and such a deep WR class.

Very much agree. I would like to see us trade down - maybe throw in a few of our later picks to get the quality over quantity.

if we stay @4 mack and watkins are the 2 safest bets (we'll move mack to ILB).

BUT i too like the possibility of a trade down because of my own selfish wants. i think evans is everything we need in another #1/2 receiver. he is one of the talles and most physical guys there are. will he break away for a ton of YAC? prob not. will he out jump and out position himself with every corner/LB/S in the league? you're god-damned right. will he catch the corner end zone routes that are thrown 3 feet over his head? you're god-damned right he will. watkins is great and we choose him fine. BUT if we trade down to 8-10 there is a huge pssibility that he is still there. grab him and use the pick we get to do some other moves, like trading up from 26 to12 to get gibson.

Gibson? Gilbert, CB?

yeah we have gipson. and like i said i just woke up (sorry mate)............GILBERT THE CB!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll never have a premiere defense until we get a young stud to play opposite of haden. NEVER!!!!!

i've been screaming this shit for 5 years now. c'mon man. farmer and petine gotta know this shit.

yeah we have gipson. and like i said i just woke up (sorry mate)............GILBERT THE CB!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll never have a premiere defense until we get a young stud to play opposite of haden. NEVER!!!!!

i've been screaming this shit for 5 years now. c'mon man. farmer and petine gotta know this shit.

I saw you posting stuff when I just woke up, must have been nearly 3am in Cleveland!

Anyway, from what I read, somewhere (and for the life of me I can't find it), Pettine values his CBs highly. Two guys who can lock down their half of the field, letting the rest of the D do what it does.

One of the guys on clevelandbrowns.com said- and I like the idea- put Johnny Football in the Elf outfit. Draft him in the 7th round to be the mascot. I like his enthusiasm there- he'd be the toughest mascot in the NFL. Pettine said he wanted some toughness in Cleveland- that even goes for the mascot- and fans. We're bringing back the D batteries to the Dawg Pound folks. :)

Can we get an image of that made? Johnny in the elf outfit? Photoshop it and blow up the internet with it.

I saw you posting stuff when I just woke up, must have been nearly 3am in Cleveland!

Anyway, from what I read, somewhere (and for the life of me I can't find it), Pettine values his CBs highly. Two guys who can lock down their half of the field, letting the rest of the D do what it does.

Revis didn't become 'Revis Island' by himself. Get ready for 'Hayden Island' with Pettine's scheme/coaching.

why can't Mack play ILB btw? He's built more for ILB than he is OLB even though in college he was an elite edge rusher. CLowney is the guy who's either a 43 DE or a 34 OLB. But lets face it, with our LB'er acquisitions now it means we'll be drafting offensive lineman with the high picks.

Methamphetamine is a bitch!

Archived