THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agency! Now the draft?

Babernakle

Free agency went great we picked up some major players on the d. Now we focus on the draft, so do we go with a qb, rb, wr, o line. I lean toward the later. From what I have seen most people want a wr Sammy Watkins. And I think that is very smart. But others want a qb. And that would make sense, but the qb's of this draft are not every ranked in the top 20 players in this draft. So do we get talent or fill the position and hope for the best.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i think it depends on if we keep the #4 or if we trade down.

i would like to see our QB (whoever that is) get another major weapon across from gordon. yes, watkins is good but i prefer evans because of his height and size. then i would address the CB position. one of these years the FO is going to have to understand that haden can only protect one side of the field, so we need a legit CB playing across from him. then OL then LB then RB. after that i could care less. add depth. draft a later round QB. i don't care.

i have a better feeling about this draft than i have in a long time. i think farmer will make the right decisions. some people might hate some picks (including me) but i trust he knows more about what the team needs than i do.

It seems the method to the FO's madness is to get seasoned performers at impact positions in FA (the O line and QB positions are yet to be addressed) and draft mostly for the future. One year wonders are hard to come by.

FA hasn't flushed itself completely out yet.

Brian Hoyer - QB

Ben Tate/Dion Lewis - RB

Jordan Cameron/Jim Dray - TE

Gordon/Little/Hawkins/Benjamin - WR

Thomas/Pinkston/Mack/Greco/Schwartz - OL

Taylor/Rubin/Winn/Hughes/Kitchen/Bryant - DL

Mingo/Sheard/Dansby/Robertson/Kruger/Grooves - LB

Haden/Skrine/McFadden/Trufant/Witner/Gipson/Badmamojammer - DB

Brian Hoyer - QB

Ben Tate/Dion Lewis - RB

I think Moats is still in the works at LB as well.

We may even see a few more adds before we get to the Draft.

Question: does anyone at this point NOT trust farmer in the draft?

Everyone likes Farmer so far it seems like. Gotta wait til the season end before trust is finalized I think.

Giving him a chance over Lombardi and Banner was definitely a good move.

Brian Hoyer - QB

Ben Tate/Dion Lewis - RB

That is such an awful WR corp,just awful...

Outside of Gordon the WR are awful, Benjamin is a good returner. Hope Sammy is pick @4

Most teams don't have anyone of Gordon's caliber though.

We also have Cameron. Finding an upgrade over little shouldn't be terribly hard though.

dude we will pick WR in this draft and address it twice.

the draft is so deep at that positon we could have pro-bowlers picked int he 3rd round..........but i expect the FO to go sooner than that.

and yes i trust farmer. kicking stones inHS football stadiums kicking at cans as a scout. either he is brilliant or just briiliant.

do we have a choice? No track record for us to have any opinion yet

Ozzie Newsome player turned GM in his first Draft had two 1st. round picks. I think he did pretty good Johnathon Ogden and Ray Lewis.Lets hope the football gods are looking over Ray Farmer as well.

That is just an awful statement. First of all Gordon, the leading receiver in the NFL last year, is in the mix which upgrades it from awful. Hawkins is a great slot addition to this team. Benjamin is fine as a number 4 for specific plays. The only thing awful is Little and I trust he will be upgraded via this deep WR class in the draft. One key add to this for a number 2 and its one of the best WR corps going.

I agree, outside of Gordon we have nothing which is why I firmly believe Watkins will be the pick at 4, a guard at 26 and Carr/McCarron at 35. I don't believe the Bengals are going to match Hawkins or they would have done so by now. After those two are added then we can say we have a WR corp that is top notch NFL caliber.

But we have Gordon, which is more than like 25-28 teams can say. If we add a guy in the second like Watkins teammate Martavis Bryant, wed have a top notch reciever group.

Having one elite WR is counter productive look at all those Detroit teams that had only one. Compare that to the Rams and Indy when they had multiple elite WR's. The middle of the field will be wide open when Gordon and Watkins are flying down field.

Having one elite WR is counter productive look at all those Detroit teams that had only one. Compare that to the Rams and Indy when they had multiple elite WR's. The middle of the field will be wide open when Gordon and Watkins are flying down field.

lol what? How is having a great player counter productive? Calvin Johnson is not the reason for Detroits failures hahaha. We do need another good WR but sinking the number 4 pick into one is counter productive. The Rams got Holt when Bruce was 7-8 years in, same with the Colts and Harrison-Wayne. If we draft Watkins, it would be to replace Gordon eventually. We dont need that. How many elite WRs do the Seahawks, Niners and Pats have?

lol what? How is having a great player counter productive? Calvin Johnson is not the reason for Detroits failures hahaha. We do need another good WR but sinking the number 4 pick into one is counter productive. The Rams got Holt when Bruce was 7-8 years in, same with the Colts and Harrison-Wayne. If we draft Watkins, it would be to replace Gordon eventually. We dont need that. How many elite WRs do the Seahawks, Niners and Pats have?

What else would you want at 4? Watkins is the real deal and will start from day one.

How many super bowls have they won in the last 10 years?

1. Was it the seahawks awesome passing attack that truly won it? No. It was the defense.

Archived