THE BROWNS BOARD

Congrats to Westside Steve

I heard on the really big show ( WKNR ESPN Cleveland 9am-1pm ) that Westside Steve is one of the 10 finalists for their contest for local Cleveland musicians .

Good Luck

Thanks guys!

I heard the news as I was returning from Detroit this morning. Thank God green season is over. Cross your fingers.

WSS

Too bad the listeners don't get to vote. This forum could put you right to the top

They will if I make it to the final 3. NEXT Thursday I'll be on the air at noon. I believe at that time the judges from the station and Steinway you decide who makes the final cut and then I'm pretty sure listeners and the public will be able to vote.

it would certainly be great the power of the Browns bored on my side!

WSS

They will if I make it to the final 3. NEXT Thursday I'll be on the air at noon. I believe at that time the judges from the station and Steinway you decide who makes the final cut and then I'm pretty sure listeners and the public will be able to vote.

it would certainly be great the power of the Browns bored on my side!

WSS

When the time comes to vote, post the link. (I assume it is online voting, not phone call?)

I'm voting for Steve, too !

I hope his Irish cd doesn't go into the 3 figures.
That will crimp my chance to buy an AR-15.

BTW, that Colt thing? Way, way too expensive.

Local shop has a kit that you can build your own for 600.

Good luck! What kind of music do you play, anyway?

well that's the rub. For nearly 20 years I was the lead singer of a very successful local rock and roll band Easy Street. Easy Street Band Ohio on Facebook by the way.

I officially broke up the band 26 years ago and began a solo career playing mostly at Put in Bay head north eastern Ohio so I do that kind of stuff. My CDs are substantially different and incorporate some Irish music as well as my own stuff. This particular competition...

I was listening to the show and heard a couple clips from a couple other contestants had thought to myself well I can beat these bums. They were looking for vocalists or musicians so since I had recently been working on a new project of ballads and standards, quite different than what I do for a living, I sent them a clip of me singing my funny valentine. So I will be crooning on air. By the way this new CD of standards will be free to my friends, of which I consider all of you guys so I'll make the announcement when it's finished.

WSS

Not really. As the change in the drinking age destroyed the live rock and roll scene, we started eliminating parts of the show. At one time we had a full road crew a semi truck I believe a 64 light can show big PA all that shit. Started eliminating roadies and then cutting down the size of the PA and lights getting paid less money playing smaller rooms. You couldn't put on a big show and make a living so we just moved on. Most of the guys are working regular jobs.

I opted to go the solo route.

WSS

Hi guys. Thanks for the good wishes. Today they will announce the three finalists. I have listened to the podcast and heard all 9 of the others. I'm not bragging but I think I did what I did better then most of them. There is one person I would have voted for myself. We will see. I get the feeling after being around the people at the station and listening to all the other contestants that the fix may be in. We shall see.

WSS

at least you're alive to sing another song.

can't wait to see you play in put-in-bay.

haven't been back to my homeland in 10 years and am definitely going to make a splash both in the bay/lake and at the tailgate.

can you say oHIGHo?

Archived