THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Little

7moses7

You should write a book on how you got so successful.

Meanwhile, on the topic of Little, Little's rookie year he was our best receiver (gross, I know.) His second year, his last 7 games he went dropless and showed hope. He got a new coach, showed a few flashes, and showed problems dropping the ball again, and still the people ahead of him on the depth chart weren't much better than him.

We drafted a project, and while I know this is the 3rd front office of Greg's career, he was never given a chance to develop. Projects never yield instant results. I don't know what you people expected. Blame the Browns' for failing miserably, not Greg Little.

You should write a book on how you got so successful.

Meanwhile, on the topic of Little, Little's rookie year he was our best receiver (gross, I know.) His second year, his last 7 games he went dropless and showed hope. He got a new coach, showed a few flashes, and showed problems dropping the ball again, and still the people ahead of him on the depth chart weren't much better than him.

We drafted a project, and while I know this is the 3rd front office of Greg's career, he was never given a chance to develop. Projects never yield instant results. I don't know what you people expected. Blame the Browns' for failing miserably, not Greg Little.

Thanks for your sarcasm on the book. I was simply responding to a specific question from the Gip. How in the fuck can you say that Greg Little has never had a chance to develop????? He was a 2nd round pick who has had three years to develop I do not care how many coaches he has. At the end of the day catching passes is catching passes period!! I dont give a shit what offense he was in, who the coach was or what the lunar phase was. He cannot and never will be a consistent pass catcher. We are not and should not be a training ground helping failed receivers try to convert to other postions.

But that's exactly the role we took on by drafting him. And being put out there and being a #1 and #2 receiver isn't being developed, it's being used in a position you aren't suited for. Which is the exact opposite of 'being developed.'

That reason is why a lot of skill position players fail, when a guy like Greg who is a physical monster, a good athlete, and a hard worker don't pan out, you can blame the team just as much as the player, and in this case probably the team too. Our fans are so used to bashing players and not realizing our team can't develop talent.

I thought it might be interesting to dig up one of Little's college scouting reports:

http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-greg-little/

An excerpt that makes me say "uh what?"

"Little may have some of the draft class’ best hands. When the ball is in the air, he shows very good concentration and coordination. His hands are average size relative to his height and length, but he is a very reliable catcher. On the field, he shows the confidence and physicality to win contested balls. He will not shy away from making plays in traffic, often displaying rare toughness for a receiver."

No sorry Gip. I have been with a multinational company for 25 years and consistently post sales numbers in the top 1% in sales across 35 countries. I am good at what I do and thats why I am not let go. Greg Little is not good at what he does and should be let go.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

Archived