THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Mo have a new shot to be an All Star?

LCDawgFan13

With Jameer Nelson's shoulder injury likely ending his season, is there a shot that Mo Williams could end up as an all-start after all? I think it is a long shot, because I think it goes by vote tally, but I think he should get his shot. He should not have been left out in the first place!

Guest Masters

I think Mo will get the nod if Nelson can't go. But Mo should have been passed over for Nelson and Harris. Just look at their stat sheet (along with what they mean to their teams) for the season. Mo has played great, but those guys are still doing more, and that is what gets you in.

I think Mo will get the nod if Nelson can't go. But Mo should have been passed over for Nelson and Harris. Just look at their stat sheet (along with what they mean to their teams) for the season. Mo has played great, but those guys are still doing more, and that is what gets you in.

All three have almost identical numbers. None are far and above better in any stat category. But as far as what they mean to their teams, Mo Williams by far means more to his team than the others. Prior to this season, the Cavs have been Lebron and done. When #23 left the game, you could count on a opponents taking over until he was back on the court. Now, Mo takes that load and carries the team while the King rests. Do you really think the Cavs would be 39-9 without Mo? Not even close. They would be battling in that 4-5-6 spot for the playoffs...not for the best record in the NBA. Not to mention what he does when Lebron is in the game too. Lebron no longer has to carry the load of being the point guard. He no longer has to run the offense every time down the court. Mo does that. And Lebron is eating it up!

I will say this...You can make a case for any of the three if you look at their statline. But when you look at the "other" things, Mo is above the others. Regardless, it is what it is and he was left out. It happens whether we agree with it or not. But there will be a lot of pissed off fans if he doesn't take Nelson's place and somebody less deserving does! David Stern needs to make the right call on this.

Guest Masters
All three have almost identical numbers. None are far and above better in any stat category. But as far as what they mean to their teams, Mo Williams by far means more to his team than the others. Prior to this season, the Cavs have been Lebron and done. When #23 left the game, you could count on a opponents taking over until he was back on the court. Now, Mo takes that load and carries the team while the King rests. Do you really think the Cavs would be 39-9 without Mo? Not even close. They would be battling in that 4-5-6 spot for the playoffs...not for the best record in the NBA. Not to mention what he does when Lebron is in the game too. Lebron no longer has to carry the load of being the point guard. He no longer has to run the offense every time down the court. Mo does that. And Lebron is eating it up!

I will say this...You can make a case for any of the three if you look at their statline. But when you look at the "other" things, Mo is above the others. Regardless, it is what it is and he was left out. It happens whether we agree with it or not. But there will be a lot of pissed off fans if he doesn't take Nelson's place and somebody less deserving does! David Stern needs to make the right call on this.

Nelson is his teams PG and spark. He means as much to his team, if not more than Mo. ORL w/o him is in the same boat as the Cavs would be w/o Mo, or worse. Just watch how they play now that he is hurt.

Harris for the Nets, w/o Harris, they likely have 5-10 less wins. That guy is carrying that team (never understand why DAL traded him for a past his prime Kidd).

I agree Mo has been huge for CLE and they might be in the usual 3-4 slot instead of in 1st right now. But he wasn't voted in, and when it gets to coaches call, they are gonna go by stat line and get guys who are even more important to their team. In an ideal world, all 3 get in. But there are only so many spots on the roster. Any one of the 3 not getting in is a snub. But the other two would almost be bigger snubs. I just can't complain about those two getting in above Mo. Now if Rondo would have gotten in over Mo....

I love what Mo has brought to CLE. He has been the Robin to James's Batman, that he has so needed. He just hasn't done enough individually to get the nod over those guys.

When you look at CLE right now, it isn't just Mo why CLE is where they are. West coming out hot this year, Side-show Bob being back to where he was developing to at the end of 2006 (along with now having a 10-12ft jumper), Sasha back to where he was developing to at the end of 2006, Hickerson developing faster than expected, Wally being comfortable and getting back to the player he was when CLE traded for him are all huge factors this years performance by the Cavs. They are all why CLE has been able to survive West and Z's injuries.

I like Jameer too, but he's probably the 4th best player on that team. You can say "he's the one that runs the show" and everything, but you can say that for about 29 other starting point guards, too. Except Iverson.

No one in the league has an answer for Dwight outside of the Hack-a-Shaq (I can't stand people substituting names for Shaq) Turkoglu has been great. I remember making fun of him in Sacramento years ago, but he's a true player now (averaging about 17/5/5). Rasard Lewis is still one of the most talented wing players in the league. And they have maybe my favorite coach in the league. Van Gundy can run an offense like Dantoni but still cares about defense (remember him calling out Dwight for not playing D?). All the guys they have like Courtney Lee, Pietrus and Redick stroking the 3, with the best post presence in the league...that's a scary team.

Basically that's the long way of saying Mo means a lot more to the Cavs than Jameer does to Orlando.

Archived