THE BROWNS BOARD

How Low Would You Go?

gftChris

What would it take for you to trade our number 4 pick for a team's first, second, and next year's first? Would any team consider doing that?

For example, would you trade with Detroit for the number 10, 45, and their first next year?

Who's going to want to trade up to #4? Who will be available at that spot that some team just HAS to have? I highly doubt a trade down is possible, as nice as it would be...

But, to answer your question, I wouldn't go past pick #10 with Detroit and even that's pushing it. If we trade back, it would have to be to either grab Evans, Gilbert, or one of the QBs if they were still available.

Who's going to want to trade up to #4? Who will be available at that spot that some team just HAS to have? I highly doubt a trade down is possible, as nice as it would be...

But, to answer your question, I wouldn't go past pick #10 with Detroit and even that's pushing it. If we trade back, it would have to be to either grab Evans, Gilbert, or one of the QBs if they were still available.

There's bound to be some team falling in love with a QB, and there are 'blue chip' left tackles and pass rushers around that people will love.

Someone might want to trade up to get Clowney if he is there still. That could be the one guy someone might take that chance on.

I would think Atlanta and Tampa Bay would be licking their chops at that point, and coincidentally 7 is as low as Id go. But would only be on board with a trade down if were targeting a QB or DB.

We need legit first round talent across the board pretty much. I'd go all the way to 20 for the right offer. That just means we'll get 2 first rounders this year and 2 more firsts next year! There is a very deep draft and we're needing a lot of #2 players such as #2 WR, #2 CB #2 ILB, we could easily find these guys moving back and that gives us 2 second rounders as well. Adams, Matthews and Benjamin should all still be available at the end of the first. Bradley Roby? There are also a couple good OG that could be had there as well, Mosley could be available. There might even be a shiny new car sitting there to be taken.

i'd go as far as 10 BUT i don't know if we'd receive that much in return.

evans and gilbert are going to be there and i'd take either, i'd really love to get both but that's just greedy and would cost us a lot to trade from 26 back up into that group.

i'd go as far as 10 BUT i don't know if we'd receive that much in return.

evans and gilbert are going to be there and i'd take either, i'd really love to get both but that's just greedy and would cost us a lot to trade from 26 back up into that group.

I think we could get that much simply because this is the best draft pool talent wise in the past 10 years and several positions are seeing players that you only see every 3, 5, or even 10 years. Clowney for one is considered a once in a decade type of player. A WR of Watkins caliber hasn't come out since both Green and Jones (even though this year is considered very WR heavy some team might be willing to make the jump). Robinson at LT is considered the best to come out since Thomas and Jake Long. People even consider him to be better than Kalil who came out two years ago. Not to mention Mack who might be the most versatile defensive player in the draft. And when all is said and done if these guys are gone at 4, that means the top 4 QB's are there when we pick and we have 3 ish QB needy teams right behind us.

Who's going to want to trade up to #4? Who will be available at that spot that some team just HAS to have?

Clowney, one of the tackles, Watkins, one of the QBs that a team loves.......... The possibilities are plenty.

Let's say somebody really loves a player still there at number four. Fair enough I will take your first round pick and next year's first round pick. If that player isn't so important to you you probably won't make that deal anyway. If the other team is one that's likely to suck I will take next year's first and second. I personally don't see a quarterback worthy of two first round picks but one never knows how some GM might be enamored. Usually when push comes to shove they at least think twice before making a rash decision. Let's hope Farmer does anyway.

WSS

I'd heard that mik gives good eye...

Meanwhile back at the thread...

I don't think a team's 2015 #1 comes into play until that team's 2014 1st is not until the mid to upper teens. It would take both to get our pick at #4 and then some...

If the QB(s) "we" want are off the board in the first three picks, then I'd definitely look at pulling the trigger on a trade down... more ammo for a 2015 run at a QB.

If a mid-1st team is our trade partner, then odds are we can still nab our other CB or another impact player.

If a late-1st team is our partner, then can still nab a complementary player, e.g., strong #2 WR or a stud OG.

Archived