THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Paul McQuistan

CLEinCHI

Reported by John Clayton that the Browns have signed Paul McQuistan to a one year deal... This is his second stint with the Browns (he was waived in 2010) and he last played G for the Seattle Seahawks - he started 14 games last year, 6 at LG and 8 at LT when Russell Okung had a foot injury.

Sounds like a good depth pick, has the ability to play G or T. On a side note, he might be the definition of "The Big Ugly"

started 14 games for the world champs? sounds like a good acquisition at a spot where we have been weak for years.

not saying he is a pro-bowler and i still think we will address this spot again via the draft.

Reported by John Clayton that the Browns have signed Paul McQuistan to a one year deal... This is his second stint with the Browns (he was waived in 2010) and he last played G for the Seattle Seahawks - he started 14 games last year, 6 at LG and 8 at LT when Russell Okung had a foot injury.

Sounds like a good depth pick, has the ability to play G or T. On a side note, he might be the definition of "The Big Ugly"

CPD said 2 year deal. Guess we'll go middle of the road and call it 18 months. :lol:

Pro football focus gives him a -25 rating for 2013, but that was at tackle. Hopefully he is much better at guard.

Unfortunately, they said he wasn't a whole lot better at Guard.

I was hoping we'd pass on this one, but with Lauavo gone there is a bit of a hole right now, so I guess this is insurance in case the Draft goes sideways.

Unfortunately, they said he wasn't a whole lot better at Guard.

I was hoping we'd pass on this one, but with Lauavo gone there is a bit of a hole right now, so I guess this is insurance in case the Draft goes sideways.

I think he is an upgrade over Lauvao and definitely Cousin and he can be serviceable at more than one spot, we also have Chris Faulk too and if he is recovered from injury can be in the mix as well.

Replaces Cousins. Let's face it, we would happily accepted anybody to replace Cousins.

Yup...

One 'Skins fan's comment was "Cousins will be cut before camp ends".

Archived