THE BROWNS BOARD

darren15

Will be 33 years old this season. Still has 3 years left on a 5 year deal worth 25 million. He will be owed 5.5 million this year and wants more. No thanks.

Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

Zombo

Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

Zombo

I'll go first ... even if the pinhead's ego could wrap around being a #2 in Cleveland ... his contract is obscene, no?

I think Dolphins are stuck with him.

Zombo

No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

If he wants out that badly, he might restructure his contract to get a team to bite - they may not want to take on a 32/33 y/o guard with $15m and three years left on his contract.

Well I was wrong on that, for some reason I was looking at it as if the Eagles were going to cut him, which there is no indication that will happen. Getting traded and negotiating a 1 year wouldn't make sense to him either.

• 2 weeks later...

Titans RB Chris Johnson released

Will want to be paid huge. No thanks with Tate on board. Bengals or especially Ravens may be interested- cut Rice, pick up Johnson.

finally saw the episode of draft to the path with haden on it last nite. said his top pick @CB is gilbert then dennard.

tonite at 9PM (nfl network) they have the top (i'm sure some guys won't show up.......hmmmmm) QBs doing drills with kurt warner and the top WRs the same with michael irvin. looks good, from the previews i've seen as irvin is up in these guys faces. should check it out if you're interested in those 2 positions in the draft.

No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

This is wrong though. He produced in Pitt with Brown by his side. And then he was the only notable weapon in Miami and struggled. When teams can solely focus on one receiver and shut him down it is not that receiver's fault.

Mike Wallace and Josh Gordon would be good. Especially with Cameron and another guy or two to worry about. You can never have too many weapons.

If you don't like his contract that's fine, but he's still a very good player.

In looking for an upgrade to Buster Skrine... it's tough because the impact players have already been signed. And I don't know how much impact a rookie tossed into that role is going to have immediately.

I don't know how much of an upgrade he is, but can Jabrari Greer be considered an option? Another 32 year old guy and rarely an impact player (coupled with some recent injuries). But kind of along the lines of some of the players we've seen signed recently.

Just tossing it up.

Archived