THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting: "Browns Expected to Take Sammy Watkins"

Soju

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/browns_expected_to_draft_clemson_wr_sammy_watkins/16140377

AND

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=298299

With the 2014 NFL Draft right around the corner, there are quite a few teams that have multiple needs at the top of the draft. One of those teams is the Cleveland Browns, who have needs at quarterback, running back, and wide receiver. According to recent reports, the Browns are expected to draft Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins with the fourth overall pick if he is available at that selection.

There’s no doubt that Watkins would add another dynamic receiver to go along with Josh Gordon. They would be a nearly impossible cover for any opposing defense, and the Browns could still snag a quarterback with their second first round pick. All that being said, the position of the most need is the quarterback position, unless Cleveland feels that Brian Hoyer is the guy that they want under center.

Watkins had a huge season with Clemson last season, catching 101 passes for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns. Adding a dynamic playmaker like that to the offense would certainly be a step in the right direction. The Browns have had one of the NFL’s most underrated defenses over the last couple of years, but the offense has needed a boost and Watkins could very well fill that need.

Overall, this is a very fluid situation and the Browns have been inconsistent with their desires. At this point, it appears that Watkins is the player that they will select if he’s available, but that could change over the next couple weeks. The Browns could still get a good quarterback later in the first or second round, or they could trade up into the middle of the first round if one of the top quarterbacks slips.

I honestly feel that this is our pick, or we trade back a few spots and get Evans. With one of these top two WR's, even with Hoyer or a QB we select in the late first early second, our passing game would be hard to defend against. Having such dynamic receiving options wouldn't only make our QB look good, but also make our running game better. Gordon might not have as good of a year as he did this season, simply because there will be a legit #2 option, but I would expect Cameron to have an even better year than last.

Just more speculation. Honestly, I don't think the Browns know what they want at this point. They probably have at least a half a dozen players they are considering from QBs to WRs to OL to LBs.

oh farmer and pettine know exactly what they want to do. it's just a pickle not knowing what the three teams in front of them want to do.

have you noticed the trend in the last 5 years that nobody really wants to be in that #1 slot? those teams either know they can get takers from below them that will give up the farm or they'll either pick franchise or bust, which could mean their jobs and their reputations.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/browns_expected_to_draft_clemson_wr_sammy_watkins/16140377

AND

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=298299

With the 2014 NFL Draft right around the corner, there are quite a few teams that have multiple needs at the top of the draft. One of those teams is the Cleveland Browns, who have needs at quarterback, running back, and wide receiver. According to recent reports, the Browns are expected to draft Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins with the fourth overall pick if he is available at that selection.

There’s no doubt that Watkins would add another dynamic receiver to go along with Josh Gordon. They would be a nearly impossible cover for any opposing defense, and the Browns could still snag a quarterback with their second first round pick. All that being said, the position of the most need is the quarterback position, unless Cleveland feels that Brian Hoyer is the guy that they want under center.

Watkins had a huge season with Clemson last season, catching 101 passes for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns. Adding a dynamic playmaker like that to the offense would certainly be a step in the right direction. The Browns have had one of the NFL’s most underrated defenses over the last couple of years, but the offense has needed a boost and Watkins could very well fill that need.

Overall, this is a very fluid situation and the Browns have been inconsistent with their desires. At this point, it appears that Watkins is the player that they will select if he’s available, but that could change over the next couple weeks. The Browns could still get a good quarterback later in the first or second round, or they could trade up into the middle of the first round if one of the top quarterbacks slips.

sorry. you deserve this every time you post here.

oh farmer and pettine know exactly what they want to do. it's just a pickle not knowing what the three teams in front of them want to do.

have you noticed the trend in the last 5 years that nobody really wants to be in that #1 slot? those teams either know they can get takers from below them that will give up the farm or they'll either pick franchise or bust, which could mean their jobs and their reputations.

LOL Mik- the problem is somebody has to pick first, whether the talent is there or not. That's not the issue this year. Even tossing the QBs out of the equation, there's at least 3 guys- Clowney, Mack, and Watkins worthy of being the #1 overall. I just hope one of the teams ahead of us does take a qb- which means one of those three will be there when we pick. I don't see the Browns trading up.

Just more speculation. Honestly, I don't think the Browns know what they want at this point. They probably have at least a half a dozen players they are considering from QBs to WRs to OL to LBs.

I agree with some and don't with others.

I think they have a half dozen players they are considering at 4 as contingency plans but you gotta believe they have that number 1 plan right now that they want to work out.

Say it's Watkins and he's gone, that means 1 of the 3 QBs is there and so too could be Mack and/or Clowney. I think those would be the different players at 4 and they probably have plans for the 26, 2nd and so on based on the position they take at 4.

All said, I really hope this is the pick.

LOL Mik- the problem is somebody has to pick first, whether the talent is there or not. That's not the issue this year. Even tossing the QBs out of the equation, there's at least 3 guys- Clowney, Mack, and Watkins worthy of being the #1 overall. I just hope one of the teams ahead of us does take a qb- which means one of those three will be there when we pick. I don't see the Browns trading up.

i know and i didn't mean to dumb it down as much as i did but that #1 comes with a lot of responsibility. to the org and to your family. fuck up and you might as well call the moving company and have your wife and kids pissed at you for the rest of your life. trade down, still get a franchise player and get more picks. now you look like a hero. only guy i'd pick at 1 is mack and you can get him minus a couple of small minute intangibles with barr at #8.

I agree with some and don't with others.

I think they have a half dozen players they are considering at 4 as contingency plans but you gotta believe they have that number 1 plan right now that they want to work out.

Say it's Watkins and he's gone, that means 1 of the 3 QBs is there and so too could be Mack and/or Clowney. I think those would be the different players at 4 and they probably have plans for the 26, 2nd and so on based on the position they take at 4.

All said, I really hope this is the pick.

anyone @4 (save QB) will be a plug and play game changer albeit OL, WR or LB/DE. i rate another receiver higher than watkins, so for me to see a WR rated that high gives me the heebie geeebies. it almost sounds as bad as picking a RB that early.

i know and i didn't mean to dumb it down as much as i did but that #1 comes with a lot of responsibility. to the org and to your family. fuck up and you might as well call the moving company and have your wife and kids pissed at you for the rest of your life. trade down, still get a franchise player and get more picks. now you look like a hero. only guy i'd pick at 1 is mack and you can get him minus a couple of small minute intangibles with barr at #8.

anyone @4 (save QB) will be a plug and play game changer albeit OL, WR or LB/DE. i rate another receiver higher than watkins, so for me to see a WR rated that high gives me the heebie geeebies. it almost sounds as bad as picking a RB that early.

I can buy that. There is no doubt Evans is a baller. I like Watkins better but for someone to argue Evans is better I can't just laugh it off. There are so many options that we could go at 4. I hope it's Watkins but if it's any of Bortles, Bridge, Watkins, Mack, Clowney id be happy ... If it's JF I wouldn't be upset, if it's someone else (Robinson) I'd be saaalllldddyyy.

Archived