THE BROWNS BOARD

Here It Is !

Tiott

The moment you've all been waiting for ! My post free agency Browns mock draft. I've watched tons and tons of films and I actually really like this list.
It was really tough to choose beetween Watkins and Mack but I made my choice. We don't need to draft the best receiver of this draft first because it's a deep one at the position and second because I am not sure how Josh Gordon will react to this pick. So here it is ! Let me know what you think and don't hesitate to post your mock.

4th Pick : Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo
Versatile linebacker, can put pressure on the QB and cover the field. A beast. He is nasty. Put him next to Dansby inside or switch with Kruger on the outside and we're stack. Can't miss prospect.

26th Pick : Zach Martin, OL Notre Dame
Most versatile linemen in the draft. Can play all five positions. Would be great a right guard or right takle if Swartz struggles even maybe at center if we can't keep Alex Mack in the futur. Safe and great pick.

35th Pick : Jason Verrett, CB TCU
To me the best corner in the draft. Top 15 lock if he's 2 inches taller. Great man to man defense, zone cover. Good tackler. Crazy speed and jumping ability. Plays taller than his size.

71st Pick : Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt
Big time athlete. He has great size. Nice route-runner with good hands (few drops but no big deal). He's got a lot of talent and would fit the hole of our second wide receiver.

83rd Pick : AJ McCarron, QB Alabama
I can't explain why, but I feel he's gonna be great. He's a leader. The kind of guy you want to fight for. Got that "it" factor. To me the most important things in a QB are : leadership, decision making and improvisation. He has it all. The resume speaks for itself. Put him on the bench and let him learn.

102nd Pick : Dontae Johnson, CB/S North Carolina State
Tall defensive back with great speed and cover abilities. One of the best tackler at his position. He's a playmaker who seems to be a free safety at the next level.

123rd Pick : Mike Davis, WR Texas
We add some firepower to our receiving group. He can flat out ball when he brings his A game (which he doesn't everytime). Electric playmaker who can make amazing catches. He needs to be consistent but huge upside.

133rd Pick : Seantrel Henderson, OT Miami
One of the biggest guys in the draft. Underrated lateral quickness. Can be a force if he concentrates on being a true profesional.

164th Pick : Avery Williamson, ILB Kentucky
Tackling machine with good instinct. He will make plays against the run. Shows good awareness in coverage.

195th Pick : Trey Millard, FB Oklahoma
We need a fullback. This kid is really big and athletic. Can block, run and catch. He's a versatile weapon on offense. I like him. Tough kid.

Another guy I also really like is Kevin Pierre Louis, LB Boston College. He put on a show at the combine showing tremendous athletic abilities. He is 6'1 232 and played outside linebacker at BC but i think he would be a safety at the next level.
Late round or undrafted steal.

GO BROWNS !!!

I don't think I've seen a shitter mock this year.

Would you like the Hoorta shitty mock? Fire away.

#4 Watkins, if not there trade down. In a trade down I take Evans @ #8. #26 one of the top qbs if they fall this far (not Carr or JF though) Su-a Filo if not. Second round Garrapolo (if we've already drafted a qb, CB or OG here). 3rd round picks Tre Mason or BPA @ CB &\or ILB.

That's as far as my uneducated drafting goes.

I am beginning to think I want Matthews at #4. Plug him in at RT, slide Schwartz over to guard and improve 2 positions with one pick. That's big time value.....not to mention we add a legit back-up for Joe if he gets hurt.

The moment you've all been waiting for ! My post free agency Browns mock draft.

You have made all of 24 posts on this forum in history. No one knows you, what makes you think anyone was waiting for anything from you?

That said, your mock draft is no better or no worse than the 1000 that have already been posted here.

I am kind of tired of hearing about mock drafts. At this point I am kinda only interested in the real one.

The moment you've all been waiting for ! My post free agency Browns mock draft.

You have made all of 24 posts on this forum in history. No one knows you, what makes you think anyone was waiting for anything from you?

Dude it was a joke... Why do you have to act like that ? Yes I'm new so what ?

Dude it was a joke... Why do you have to act like that ? Yes I'm new so what ?

What makes you think that my reply to on the matter was also not a joke?

And the "so what" is that you are a newby...and you have to go through a certain ball busting initiation process.

What makes you think that my reply to on the matter was also not a joke?

And the "so what" is that you are a newby...and you have to go through a certain ball busting initiation process.

Haha that was funny

you were doin good till you mention AJ (no arm) McCarron...hes not an NFL QB...hes colt mccoy with a nicer haircut.

I wouldn't be upset with Mack at 4. He's the prototype LB'er that the Steelers have been acquiring and repping up for decades now. He's 6'2 250ish....can easily get to 260 and keep all his current speed and agility. He could be our ILB captain in a couple years and on certain downs we can let him go eat and put him on the edges to give one of our other OLB's a break. "IF" we're going to go defense I think it almost has to be him even if Clowny is still there. I would still love to have Clowney and make him the hybrid OLB, but Mack can play every LB'er position.

While this wouldn't be my approach I actually don't hate your draft through pick 83. After pick 83 I see a lot of redundancy in the picks while neglecting other areas of need. I think 2 OT, CB and WR is overkill. Down in those rounds we need a RB and a Center. Taking McCarron I would also likely take another QB.

Down in those rounds we need a RB and a Center.

Why would you want the Browns to draft a RB ? I think we're in pretty good shape with Tate, Lewis and Baker. Plus a Center isn't a need i think knowing Mack should be here next year. Why not drafting one next year.

Can't say I'm a fan of this mock. I wouldn't hate Mack at 4 but if we did we need to take WR and QB with the next two picks and leave the third and fourth round for the linemen and CB.

And yes, we do need to take another RB. Tate has durability concerns and Baker and Lewis are still largely unproven but promising. We need a guy who can be a feature back if Tate goes down and a compliment to him if he doesn't. I like Charles Sims as the complement, though Kadeem Carey is the ideal system fit.

First Thanks Mike H for your comment.

Couple of things i want to recall. First the running back pick. I think it would be a waste of pick honestly. I agree that Lewis and Baker didn't prove a lot, but when they had an opportunity, they played well. Why not sign an undrafted RB ? I would prefer that.

Then i think drafting a possible pro blower linemen would be a huge boost to our offense. This is why to me if Martin is available at 26 we should jump on him. This would help Tate do his things and that would give more security for the young QB we are going to draft.

Also for the safety pick, i love dontae johnson. I mean this dude was able to shut receivers down when he played corner and was even better as a safety. He has tremendous speed and i think he would fit the system pretty well. The safety position is i think a big need since we don't have much depth.

And man i don't understand the hate on McCarron. I mean of course he made mistakes at some point but this is why He's projected to be a mid round pick. It was the same thing for guys like Nick foles or Matt shaub except they didn't win like AJ did.

I really believe in him and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a team like the Patriots take him in the late 2nd.

Archived