THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon - Quiet Please

Clevedog

This is media BS tho, he only said a few small things about the cavs and his opinion on the team. He's openly been keen to the discussion, just saying his opinion. He is a superstar, certainly has acted that way. Did something no receiver has ever done in 3 games

He is THE MAN in Cleveland. The new Peyton Hillis (god forbid hope he doesnt end up like him)

One thing that does bother me is his "diva" vibe he gives off.

Wide receivers talk a lot . They tend to be divas and not always so bright. We are not used to this because we haven't had a good one since Web Slaughter. Unless you want to count that one good year Braylon had (with his huge diamond stud earrings and notorious nightlife). That's what wide receivers do.

It's refreshing to have one that people give shit about.

Zombo

Wide receivers talk a lot . They tend to be divas and not always so bright. We are not used to this because we haven't had a good one since Web Slaughter. Unless you want to count that one good year Braylon had (with his huge diamond stud earrings and notorious nightlife). That's what wide receivers do.

It's refreshing to have one that people give shit about.

Zombo

You put an answer to one of my trivia questions in the wrong thread ;)

Haha, Josh is just feeling his Pro Bowl oats. His media stuff is emm, unnecessary but more or less harmless. In short order Josh and other Browns old timers (Mack to name another) will learn the humility of the 'blowing up your ass' position competition Pettine is famous for. It has a way of keeping things in focus.

They are pushing him into interviews and asking him questions and taking what he says as gospel. It's stupid. Take for instance all the questions about the Browns #4 pick and asking who he would want. He is just giving names and everyone writes a story saying Gorden wants so and so on the team over so and so. It's so stupid.

it will be considered one of the most brilliant pre draft smoke screen media circuits of all time if Pettine was solicited by Gordon prior to his appearances and comments.

no evidence, just stating the possibility...

I'm a bit put off by Gordon's recent media touring so I wrote up an article with my thoughts about it - let me know what you think. Add me on Twitter if you want too, @AkitaKid

Thanks!

http://clevedog.blogspot.com/2014/04/gordon-needs-to-button-up.html

wow! extensive rant based upon a lot of speculation imho clevedog. THIS~>

"Since that's obviously not the case, then not only is it now clear that Gordon is making things up - for whatever reason - but he's throwing his current, and likely future, QB under the RTA-Rapid. I'm not sure there is any possible scenario under the sun where you can salvage any positive from this. Even in the event that a new QB is drafted and somehow starts over Hoyer, Gordon still comes off badly"

too early to take such a knee jerk and literal stance having not considered a smoke screen/inside job.

...and its not like Gordon and Hoyer don't know one another. if Gordon is actually flame baiting, i'd bet Hoyer is probably in on it.

wow! extensive rant based upon a lot of speculation imho clevedog. THIS~>

"Since that's obviously not the case, then not only is it now clear that Gordon is making things up - for whatever reason - but he's throwing his current, and likely future, QB under the RTA-Rapid. I'm not sure there is any possible scenario under the sun where you can salvage any positive from this. Even in the event that a new QB is drafted and somehow starts over Hoyer, Gordon still comes off badly"

too eatly to take such a knee jerk and literal stance having not considered a smoke screen/inside job. and its not like Gordon and Hoyer don't know one another. if Gordon is actually flame baiting, i'd bet Hoyer is probably in on it.

Ya the thought did occur to me and I sincerely hope that you are right. However considering how little contact the players have been allowed to have with staff and considering how much trouble they'd get in if caught I'd be really surprised. Plus they're probably not getting read in to all THAT seriously by other teams so I assume the team wouldn't think the risk was worth it. If you're right, farmer and Pettine deserve pro bowl berths.

I'm a bit put off by Gordon's recent media touring so I wrote up an article with my thoughts about it - let me know what you think. Add me on Twitter if you want too, @AkitaKid

Thanks!

http://clevedog.blogspot.com/2014/04/gordon-needs-to-button-up.html

I've been observing his interviews too and I don't think it's something that should be taken at face value. Without any evidence, my guess is the regime is allowing or even encouraging this to 1- keep Gordon's nose clean by keeping him busy and in the spotlight and to impress on him the importance he has to the team by using him as an ambassador, and 2- we know of Farmer's love of smoke screens and that this is also part of that agenda. I'm not convinced this will impact his relationship with Hoyer because Hoyer knows a QB is going to be drafted anyway and he also knows he will need to get the ball to Gordon if he wants to win ande retain the starting job.

Great points. Don't think they would do it to make him think he's important but they may to keep him busy and Farmer may do this as a screen. As for his relationship with Hoyer I doubt Hoyer would care, all the great QBs don't care as long as it doesn't become a problem for the team. That's where I see the risk though. Team may not respond well to perception that Hoyer is being thrown under the boss even if it was a setup.

Great points. Don't think they would do it to make him think he's important but they may to keep him busy and Farmer may do this as a screen. As for his relationship with Hoyer I doubt Hoyer would care, all the great QBs don't care as long as it doesn't become a problem for the team. That's where I see the risk though. Team may not respond well to perception that Hoyer is being thrown under the boss even if it was a setup.

Sure it could create some under-the-surface tensions, but hopefully those will go away with some wins. Did you notice Gordon doesn't look quite comfortable in some of his interviews?

If we were all detectives working together, we'd NEVER solve a crime!!! LOL

Who knows? I'm just glad the kid's playing for us!

Mike

Ya the thought did occur to me and I sincerely hope that you are right.....If you're right, farmer and Pettine deserve pro bowl berths.

i hope i'm right too Clevedawg. in fact i'm counting on it. because if i'm not...i'm right there w every word you said...except about not getting arrested. i don't think that comment was justified...then again i live in Denver and weed is about as common here as weeds are on a safari. also when he made the comment about needing a QB i'm not sure Tanney was even on the roster then, so stating they need another QB when the only one currently on the roster is returning from an acl injury really should not ruffle any feathers with Hoyer.

regardless, i really do hope he is acting within bounds as some sort of way to fleece the opposition.

very readable piece clevedog, thanks for having the fortitude to post it here and for taking the time to share it. fwiw i feel your reaction very may be justified, it's just still premature for me to react in kind as of now.

Gordon is still so young, he has yet to realize the power he has a superstar. Most of his interviews have been confident and not cocky. I think he wants to present himself as a team leader and wants to promote the Browns. No matter what he says will be put under a microscope, so yes he has to choose his words wisely. I am just glad we have him, just was watching some of the videos on the Browns website of him, and I still get pumped when he out ran Talib last year. Go Browns!

Archived