THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Holder Wants Gun Owners to Wear 'Smart Bracelets' So the Feds Can Track you with GPS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is whether or not you'll have the option to refuse it in the future. I'll advocate no.

I guess we will see. I don't foresee it happening due to the gun industry having so many politicians in their pocket. If it were to happen, I would end up being one of the people using one of the millions upon millions of older, less safe firearms.

For those that care - in the UK you're basically not allowed to carry a knife 'without good reason' and even then a lot of them are illegal.

It is illegal to:

• sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
  • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
  • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife

For those that care - in the UK you're basically not allowed to carry a knife 'without good reason' and even then a lot of them are illegal.

It is illegal to:

• sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
  • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
  • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
  • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)

Stabbing is a big issue in your neck of the woods isn't it? Not asking that in a leading way. We get skewed news on it I am sure.

For a while but eventually they would go out of service. Or become relics like civil ear era guns. Someone said the other day "but think of the children. We have to be proactive not reactive" you've got to start somewhere. Of course that person was advocating a civil war not a safety measure,but still.

Stabbing is a big issue in your neck of the woods isn't it? Not asking that in a leading way. We get skewed news on it I am sure.

It's bigger than shootings, that's for sure! Honestly, you hear about stabbings, they're on the news, but it's not like the streets of London are unsafe. Stabbings don't tend to be indiscriminate, the people involved are frequently known to each other, like ex-boyfriends or whatever. It's not like people will go out on killing sprees with a knife.

Electric cars are fine by me if they offer the same base reliability to me as a gas/diesel engine. If not, I will wait.

I highly doubt I will need my car in the same circumstances and I will need a firearm.

With electric cars, reliability isn't an issue - they have far fewer moving parts to go wrong. The barrier to entry at the moment is the capacity and refill time. If you can only go 100 miles on a 'tank' and it takes 16 hours to refill, nobody's going to buy it, even if it were competitively priced.

It's bigger than shootings, that's for sure! Honestly, you hear about stabbings, they're on the news, but it's not like the streets of London are unsafe. Stabbings don't tend to be indiscriminate, the people involved are frequently known to each other, like ex-boyfriends or whatever. It's not like people will go out on killing sprees with a knife.

Gun violence over here tends to have the same reasoning as the stabbings in your neck of the woods. A fair amount of the people getting shot were in a business that makes you more apt to getting shot (drugs, gangs, etc).

With electric cars, reliability isn't an issue - they have far fewer moving parts to go wrong. The barrier to entry at the moment is the capacity and refill time. If you can only go 100 miles on a 'tank' and it takes 16 hours to refill, nobody's going to buy it, even if it were competitively priced.

I don't foresee electric cars being widely available in our near future. You gents will likely get them long before us. Oil interests will fight to the death to prevent wide distribution of electric cars.

Oh yeah, in my day, I went to a third world country in the middle of a violent revolution! Humans are more dangerous than bears sometimes!

Anyway, smart guns are here already.

I vacationed in Acapulco and bought a mountain of blow and called the drug dealers wetbacks to their faces. Whatever, I do what I want.

whatever.jpg

Gun violence over here tends to have the same reasoning as the stabbings in your neck of the woods. A fair amount of the people getting shot were in a business that makes you more apt to getting shot (drugs, gangs, etc).

I think generally if you're sensible, whether you're in London or New York, you're going to be fine. The difference is, if someone tried to go on a 'knifing' (kniving?) spree, they'd be tackled quite quickly, and the people stabbed have a greater chance of surviving than people being shot.

The discriminate attacks won't stop, the weapon will just change. The indiscriminate attacks, however, will. If you try to hold up a bank with a knife, you'll get laughed at.

I think generally if you're sensible, whether you're in London or New York, you're going to be fine. The difference is, if someone tried to go on a 'knifing' (kniving?) spree, they'd be tackled quite quickly, and the people stabbed have a greater chance of surviving than people being shot.

The discriminate attacks won't stop, the weapon will just change. The indiscriminate attacks, however, will. If you try to hold up a bank with a knife, you'll get laughed at.

The "in" thing around here (WV) is to hand them a note saying that you have a bomb.

No ignore this. If Adam Lanza couldn't have gotten a gun he'd have simply beaten all 27 people to.death with a bottle. Stupid.

Things I would never do. Did they just laugh you off or shrug and take your money?

That's obviously bull shit. I did however climb all 46 high peaks of the Adirondacks and raft the Hudson over several two week trips. Lake placid is a favorite getaway spot for me.

It is illegal to:

I guess those guys who carved up the Brit soldier had good reason?

You're an idiot. Your use of the word "magic" was to discredit and demean the idea of this RFID bracelet system. It is a lot easier to shoot an idea down if its just "magic". Recognize that it is completely within our scientific and technological ability instead of dismissing it as fantasy because you don't like it.

Also, you didn't really use the Willy Wonka meme correctly.

I did so as a response to his attempt to "discredit and demean" the idea of all CCW courses being "weak-ass" - that's simply not the case. I even bolded his quote to make it simple for you to figure out what I was talking about. Learn some reading comprehension before you call anyone an idiot. Your inability to follow a conversation only rivals your zeal to butt into one.

Yes it is the case. Ccw class is a weak training program and doesn't make me trust the judgment of the attendee

You're foolish.

http://www.frontsight.com/courses/concealed-weapons-permit-course.asp

You're not getting a phd, but you're getting the tools on gun safety, maintenance, and usage. In that order. Range time is up to you. These courses aren't designed to hold your hand (Hey! like a bracelet!!) after you complete them. You learn, and apply knowledge.

Please be less misinformed.

Archived