THE BROWNS BOARD

A.J. McCarron is the latest QB to work out for the Browns

USFBrown

A.J. McCarron is the latest QB to work out for the Browns

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/16/a-j-mccarron-is-the-latest-qb-to-work-out-for-the-browns/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

The Browns are expected to kick the tires on every quarterback prospect before the NFL draft, and next in line is Alabama’s A.J. McCarron.

McCarron is conducting a private workout today for the Browns, Adam Schefter ‏of ESPN reports.

Although McCarron was a Heisman Trophy runner-up at Alabama, he wouldn’t appear to be an option with the Browns’ first pick, No. 4 overall. He would also seem like a reach with the 26th overall pick, which the Browns acquired from the Colts in the Trent Richardson trade.

But he could be an option for the Browns with their second-round pick, or with either of their picks in the third round (the Browns have their own third-round pick and Pittsburgh’s, which it acquired in a draft-day trade last year when the Steelers wanted an extra pick to take safety Shamarko Thomas.)

The Browns currently have only two quarterbacks (Brian Hoyer and Alex Tanney) on the roster and will almost certainly draft at least one. If the Browns decide to go in another direction in the first round, McCarron could be the choice on Day Two of the draft.

McCarron will take the Browns to the superbowl. He's dreamy, has great hair, a super tight bod, a mind like a rusted steel trap, his five o clock shadow comes in at noon.

Insert high light reel

And he's got a hot fiancee.

In all seriousness, i wouldn't mind having this guy back up hoyer for a year or two. I'd take McCarron/Mettenberger over

And he's got a hot fiancee.

That just pisses me off. I want him to be mine. I mean the Brown's onlly.

i know we need a QB but i'm hoping we DON'T draft 2 of them. i think we'll need some picks to move up in certain rounds to snag players the FO are targeting.

snag a vet or grab a guy cut from another team but don't waste another pick. if they don't hone in on one guy that'll be my first sign of trouble.

McCarron will take the Browns to the superbowl. He's dreamy, has great hair, a super tight bod, a mind like a rusted steel trap, his five o clock shadow comes in at noon.

Insert high light reel

Just fuckin with ya USF !

knob.gif

Just fuckin with ya USF !

knob.gif

Lol!!!

I was just poking fun at some of the man crushes people have on here.

I really wouldn't mind picking him up in the later rounds. Not sure how he'd handle cleveland winter. Plus he had a pretty good offensive line he played with in college.

They also brought in Derek Carr and Johnny Manziel and are bringing in Bortles and Garropollo.

Are they going to draft all of them?

Didn't say they'd draft all of them. I'm just saying if they shared your opinion that he's absolute garbage, why would they waste their time bringing him in?

Didn't say they'd draft all of them. I'm just saying if they shared your opinion that he's absolute garbage, why would they waste their time bringing him in?

Due diligence and to keep their options open.

It's the same reason they've inquired about trading up to #1.

If all other QBs are taken, wouldn't you rather be comfortable knowing firsthand the last remaining guy was shit? Or would you rather take a flyer on a guy you didn't personally work out?

I'm sure if they had the opportunity, they'd work out every single player they could.

Due diligence and to keep their options open.

It's the same reason they've inquired about trading up to #1.

If all other QBs are taken, wouldn't you rather be comfortable knowing firsthand the last remaining guy was shit? Or would you rather take a flyer on a guy you didn't personally work out?

I'm sure if they had the opportunity, they'd work out every single player they could.

Oh I agree. But they can't and time is money. So maybe they see something in him you don't.

Yeah he might not be the most flashy guy but he seems to have the football smarts and has played in some high pressure scenarios. Yeah I know, Colt part 2.

Oh I agree. But they can't and time is money. So maybe they see something in him you don't.

Yeah he might not be the most flashy guy but he seems to have the football smarts and has played in some high pressure scenarios. Yeah I know, Colt part 2.

McElroy redux.

Alabama is a system. The system is as follows: beat everyone up in the trenches and play smart, power football.

McCarron is just good enough to not fuck up, and that's all Saban needs.

tim will never be happy until a team invites him for a visit.

too bad it'll be for the janitorial position sweeping up the hollow shells of peanut carcasses or cleaning the smelly remnants of stadium food from both men and women with steaming pustules bleeding from their anuses.

his boss: "please don't make eye contact with the little kids, especially you big boy. this is supposed to be a good time at the stadium. we don't want them leaving here believing in the devil with their moms holding them screaming lawsuit after seeing your sarcaphogas ass."

Archived