THE BROWNS BOARD

We Do Not Envy The Stoolers Or PA!

ITHIKA

Some asshat Stooler fan started a topic that was deleted rightly so, that we envy the Stoolers by quoting Bernie on how they've run their franchise. I wrote a response exlplaining football is not the only sport we have and the others in Ohio have been run far more competent in recent years. Hope you read this Estrago!

The rest of the pro sports franchises in Ohio have the right owners and GM's who have made these teams competitors and winners. But lets look at PA pro sports in general. How are those Pirates doing? Or that NBA team you have the 76ers? They both blow cock and always will! You can have your glory in the NFL right now really its all you have in pro sports because of the Rooneys, I feel sorry for you! Baseball season is right around the corner and the Pirates will once again be one of the shittiest teams in baseball history. While your sixers continue to suck and don't make the post season. We've got King James, and a great Cavs team, the Indians and a young and up and coming team in the Cincy Reds. You've got the Stoolers! Have fun waiting to root on a competitive team until Sept you DOUCHE BAG!

Remember this when you rewatch that Super Bowl. Without Ohio football you would have never won it! Harrison, Ben, are born and bred Ohioans while Holmes honed his skills under Tressel at OSU! Think about that for a little bit you pathetic bitch before you start telling us we envy your inbred state. OHIO IS THE MECCA OF SPORTS IN THE MIDWEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

On the other hand, none of this may apply to you because you're probable not even from PA. So your Lakers and Yankees will probable do pretty well this season! If so you fit right in with the 80 percent that make up your front running Shittsburgh fan base!

GOOD DAY!

Guest ATENEARS

Besides, this is a fan forum and we have probably the best mixture of people assembled. The ownerships are out of our hands, what is in our hands is holding fort and we do that very well.

Aloysius, among others, have prepared us well for discussing draft prospects and free agents.

The 2008-09 season is behind us, it's in the past .... we've kicked that old dog around long enough, it's definately time to begin looking forward again.

We are done with the Steeler talk here until they show back up on the schedule again. Threads and posts will continue to be tossed and replaced by discussion of Browns Football.

Don't like it? try a different forum.

Thats all i see posted on here about the stoolers is hate that is absolute envy...i dont envy the stoolers i respect the fact they have a helluva organization/owners and i accept the fact that the browns dont and most likely wont ever have that calibur of organization as a whole..lets face it the browns as an organization are close to the bottom..

Hopefully the mankok regime can begin the process of making us consistant and making our front office respectable again but unless randy becomes more involved in the right way we will never even match art modells regime let alone the rooneys on the otherhand no other organization in the nfl can really compare to the rooneys organization...luckily there is other ways to build consistancy and championship teams and we have an owner that prefers the belichick/kraft method over the rooney method.. personally i like the rooney method better...but i like hardnosed football and a tight run ship..

In the end the browns real problem is that the team isnt owned by a clevelander or even an in state resident...is there any other nfl team owned by an outsider?

No problem Atenears the guy just pissed me off to no end Im past football this season as well and am on to Basketball and Baseball which is the point I wanted to make as well that we're over last season.

Good....I am sure there are Steeler boards out there, though I have never looked to see if that is true since I have never had a desire to exchange thoughts with Steeler fans.

this is just stupid. But I'll join. (soon to be deleted, I'm sure)

Steelers, Eagles, Phillies, Pirates, Penguins, Flyers(?)

Browns, Bengals, Reds, Indians, Cavs,

Who have done better?

Deleted only if that is the attitude.

I am sure the mods aren't running around banning other fans on sight...the way in which you post is what gets that done.

this is just stupid. But I'll join. (soon to be deleted, I'm sure)

Steelers, Eagles, Phillies, Pirates, Penguins, Flyers(?)

Browns, Bengals, Reds, Indians, Cavs,

Who have done better?

Football: Browns 8 championships (Steelers 6, Eagles 3, Bengals 0)

Baseball: Red & Pirates 5 championships each (Indians 2, Phillies 2)

Basketball: Cavs ... they're the only team you mentioned (try sixers)

Hockey: ROFL

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS
No problem Atenears the guy just pissed me off to no end Im past football this season as well and am on to Basketball and Baseball which is the point I wanted to make as well that we're over last season.

Just to clarify, that wasn't directed at you Ithika ... moreso at the original thread that you mentioned and that was deleted.

Football: Browns 8 championships (Steelers 6, Eagles 3, Bengals 0)

Baseball: Red & Pirates 5 championships each (Indians 2, Phillies 2)

Basketball: Cavs ... they're the only team you mentioned (try sixers)

Hockey: ROFL

Zombo

Sixers won 3.

Looks pretty even to me, unless you add in the Penguins titles.

I don't know about most people here, but I really didn't get to enjoy the Browns or Indians championship season. As a lifelong Clevelander, I would trade away the 40's, 50's and ealy 60's championships for some in my lifetime.

Sixers won 3.

Looks pretty even to me, unless you add in the Penguins titles.

I don't know about most people here, but I really didn't get to enjoy the Browns or Indians championship season. As a lifelong Clevelander, I would trade away the 40's, 50's and ealy 60's championships for some in my lifetime.

That's a reasonable response, but I think it's important not to forget your team's history either. Dante Lavelli gave a lot more to the city than Donte Stallworth ever will.

I agree, Cleveland has been on a tremendous downcycle, but the good thing is that you are young enough to enjoy the next upcycle.

If Lebron stays with the Cavs, that might be 4 or 5 championships right there.

The Indians are run really well, they were one game from the World Series the year before last, over the last 15 years they are as good of a mid-budget team out there, hang in, their day will come.

The Browns ... our day will come too. And it will be sweeeter than anyone elses because no one has paid their dues like Browns fans. Personally, I am liking what I am hearing about the Mangini approach. Maybe he's our Parcels (who is no Paul Brown, by the way).

Zombo

the ownership of the steelers is something to envy, but nothing else. the rooney's are among the classiest and best owners in all of sports. it would be great to have them as an owner but i do not envy the steelers as a whole. we will get there some day and we will have our time then.

Guest ATENEARS
So Bernie Kosar is a Steeler fan? Delete what Bernie said? Sorry but most of the rants on boards and on sports talk radio has been moaning & groaning about Pittsburgh. Another poster above said the same thing...it is hate and envy and if that bothers some of you, the truth hurts.

First of all, we only yanked your posts because we are tired of talking about it and reading about.

Secondly, that is just it ... the other sites and forums are talking about it so if you want to talk about the steelers go there. Here, we are moving on and getting ready for the coming draft and free agency.

No offense ... just tired of being compared to this team or that team. We are who we are, and let's discuss whjo we are going to add through the draft and who we should keep or go after.

Bernie? ... yipe .... hope we don't get into comparisons to Elway ....

if mangini fails, the only thing to look forward to is lerner selling the team. i have been saying for a few years now that lerner is the reason the browns don't succeed. he cares more about making money than he does winning. he is not from cleveland and doesn't know what football means to this town. his dad did, he was from cleveland. since randy is a business man from brooklyn he just doesn't get it and only cares about revenues.

yep don't watch or buy tickets..then Lerner can move the team...or sell the team to someone who will....great strategy there.

the bronws rank every year in the top 5 or 10 in the nfl in revenues. ticket and merchandising sales are through the roof. nobody will move this team again. the only reason modell sold the team is because he bankrupted the browns and that guy from baltimore said he would pay his debts. if lerner sells the team the only place the browns would go is up because lerner sure hasn't made them improve.

Guest ATENEARS

Al Lerner died in October 2002, after owning the team for about three seasons. His son Randy took over and has had about 6 years as owner.

In contrast, It took the Rooney's over 35 seasons just to even have a winning season.

The Lerners were very successful in business, the Rooneys got lucky with the ponies one day and bought a pro football franchise with their winnings, then survived nearly four decades of losing.

Don't be a pimple and post your Steeler loving bullshit here on how the Lerners should mimic the Rooney's out one side of your mouth and then act like a single decade of losing is the worst thing ever out the other.

Look at the Plain Dealer the last couple of days. Articles comparing the Browns and Steeler organization. Should those articles be not be read? Bernie on the radio....turn him off?

Sure they are a rival. Sad thing is, they dont view the Browns as their main rival. The Ravens are their arch enemy.

Their should be more venting and hatred aimed at Lerner & company. To make them accountable, if they dont right the ship. dont watch or buy tickets. That is the only option a fan or a consumer has.

ROTFLMAO!!! There is no accountability especially for NFL owners!!!! They make boatloads of money, whether you buy tickets or not, (tv revenue is a far bigger income stream) or whether you watch the games or not. You boycott- there's millions of other fans that won't. I worked out the math- didja know if everyone in the stadium buys just 1 beer, that's $250,000 pure profit in an owners' pocket? The Bengals have been at least as inept as the Browns recently and Mike Browns is a cheapskate on top of it!

& Yeah I hate the Steelers- who wouldn't- they have some of the most obnoxious fans in the NFL.

But lets look at PA pro sports in general. How are those Pirates doing? Or that NBA team you have the 76ers? They both blow cock and always will! You can have your glory in the NFL right now really its all you have in pro sports because of the Rooneys, I feel sorry for you! Baseball season is right around the corner and the Pirates will once again be one of the shittiest teams in baseball history. While your sixers continue to suck and don't make the post season. We've got King James, and a great Cavs team, the Indians and a young and up and coming team in the Cincy Reds. You've got the Stoolers! Have fun waiting to root on a competitive team until Sept you DOUCHE BAG!

Pittsburgh is a football and hockey town. Baseball is a distant third and, with the exception of the 1979 team, has been since the death of Clemente. The Pirates weren't even all that popular relative to the Steelers even when they were good in the late eighties / early ninties. Despite that, the Pirates have the historical edge on the Indians and have won three World Series' since the last Indians title. Basketball isn't even on the radar in Pittsburgh, and people certainly don't consider the 76ers to be the local team. The Cavs are the geographically closest team, and few care about them one way or the other.

Here's a tip- when you're arguing football, baseball and basketball are irrelevant.

Pittsburgh is a football and hockey town. Baseball is a distant third and, with the exception of the 1979 team, has been since the death of Clemente. The Pirates weren't even all that popular relative to the Steelers even when they were good in the late eighties / early ninties. Despite that, the Pirates have the historical edge on the Indians and have won three World Series' since the last Indians title. Basketball isn't even on the radar in Pittsburgh, and people certainly don't consider the 76ers to be the local team. The Cavs are the geographically closest team, and few care about them one way or the other.

Here's a tip- when you're arguing football, baseball and basketball are irrelevant.

I made some of the points you made man...but whoever the asshat was who deleted my post was obviously scared that it would inject far too much logic into the conversation.

Some asshat Stooler fan started a topic that was deleted rightly so, that we envy the Stoolers by quoting Bernie on how they've run their franchise. I wrote a response exlplaining football is not the only sport we have and the others in Ohio have been run far more competent in recent years. Hope you read this Estrago!

The rest of the pro sports franchises in Ohio have the right owners and GM's who have made these teams competitors and winners. But lets look at PA pro sports in general. How are those Pirates doing? Or that NBA team you have the 76ers? They both blow cock and always will! You can have your glory in the NFL right now really its all you have in pro sports because of the Rooneys, I feel sorry for you! Baseball season is right around the corner and the Pirates will once again be one of the shittiest teams in baseball history. While your sixers continue to suck and don't make the post season. We've got King James, and a great Cavs team, the Indians and a young and up and coming team in the Cincy Reds. You've got the Stoolers! Have fun waiting to root on a competitive team until Sept you DOUCHE BAG!

Remember this when you rewatch that Super Bowl. Without Ohio football you would have never won it! Harrison, Ben, are born and bred Ohioans while Holmes honed his skills under Tressel at OSU! Think about that for a little bit you pathetic bitch before you start telling us we envy your inbred state. OHIO IS THE MECCA OF SPORTS IN THE MIDWEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

On the other hand, none of this may apply to you because you're probable not even from PA. So your Lakers and Yankees will probable do pretty well this season! If so you fit right in with the 80 percent that make up your front running Shittsburgh fan base!

GOOD DAY!

I wouldn't Go NBA Brother. IF LaBron Books out ,your franchise may as well be going to the CBA. And who is Cracking on OHIO Football. This is about PRO Football. Ohio has Phenomenal Football HS and College. And with out LeBron... The Cavs are below .500. I Hope he stays and I Hope he Wins the Title , a Few even he is a Class acct as are the Cavs. We will see. Thats 80% thing you throw out is TOTAL BS. Give that SH** up man. WELL Established Nationally We have a Great Fanbase. Give it up... that's Bitterness dipped in embarrassment for you !

QUOTE (Cuyahoga @ Feb 4 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Here's a tip- when you're arguing football, baseball and basketball are irrelevant.QUOTE

Baseball was also on Fire in the early 90`s ...in case you were living in a Cave. And even Now they Have Solid attendance...with Nothing to look forward to...the Pirates ARE the BROWNS of Baseball. Poorly run , losers , constantly restarting and rebuilding. Sad but true.

Guest ATENEARS
I made some of the points you made man...but whoever the asshat was who deleted my post was obviously scared that it would inject far too much logic into the conversation.

boy, I'm sure glad someone else made your points for ya ... I was about ready to commit suicide awaiting your opinion.

Freaking Mods allow a post mentioning pittsburgh and the cockroaches avalanche onto the counter top like they are starved.

someone shoot me.

go back and look the Browns were in the top 5 or 10 whne modell owned the team too. SO yeah he had his reasons to move.

And so could a new owner.

You could also get a Dan Snyder as your next owner. Or someone worse. You have ABSOLUTELY no facts to back up that Lerner selling the Browns would make them better.

Or someone from LA who really wants a team there.

the browns made a lot of money when modell owned the team but he bankrupted them. look it up. as for the team being better if lerner sold the team; they honestly couldn't do much worse. he needs to go because he doesn't know how to run a football. team. he said that he was "blown away" by eric mangini's interview. yet, nobody else even interviewed him and nobody else wanted him. he also said that he was "blown away" by romeo's interview and we all know how that ended up. lerner doesn't know what he is doing and he needs to go.

I wouldn't Go NBA Brother. IF LaBron Books out ,your franchise may as well be going to the CBA. And who is Cracking on OHIO Football. This is about PRO Football. Ohio has Phenomenal Football HS and College. And with out LeBron... The Cavs are below .500. I Hope he stays and I Hope he Wins the Title , a Few even he is a Class acct as are the Cavs. We will see. Thats 80% thing you throw out is TOTAL BS. Give that SH** up man. WELL Established Nationally We have a Great Fanbase. Give it up... that's Bitterness dipped in embarrassment for you !

Great fanbase? Sure you do. So did the 'Niners when Rice & Montana were playing for them. Saw that red & gold everywhere back then. I'll grant you the Steelers are a little more secure, but you have about a million or two frontrunners on the bandwagon right about now I'd say.

I'll grant you the Steelers are a little more secure, but you have about a million or two frontrunners on the bandwagon right about now I'd say.

You're right, unfortunately. Any successful team will get its share of bandwagoners. They're scum, and they'll flock to whoever is hot at the moment. As a Steelers fan, I wish that we had a few million fewer fans. It's easy to be a Steelers fan right now, and bandwagoners are frankly embarrasing. I am always suspicious of anyone who claims to be a Steelers fan but has no ties to Pittsburgh or Western PA. If you're a Steelers fan, 30 years old or older, and don't know what Bubby Brister's actual first name is, then you're probably a bandwagoner.

The Browns fan base right now consists of true Browns fans. If the Browns win a SB or two in the next few years, there will be many Browns bandwagoners. You'll see first hand how pathetic they are.

Great fanbase? Sure you do. So did the 'Niners when Rice & Montana were playing for them. Saw that red & gold everywhere back then. I'll grant you the Steelers are a little more secure, but you have about a million or two frontrunners on the bandwagon right about now I'd say.

Goes with the Landscape brother.... But the Die Hard base is Substantial. No different than Cleveland ... Our Hardcore base is secure.

GOOD DAY!

Can we please get away from the "your players were born in state X" argument? It's completely ridiculous and only something I ever hear out of Cleveland. I suppose Pittsburgh should start laying claim to the success of other franchises because certain players were born and raised in the area or attended a school in the area. Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Taylor etc, etc, etc. All this shows is insecurity and hints of stupidity. You need to work on differentiating "trolling" from legitimate opinion. A good number of individuals come here to get a rise and as evidenced by this thread it works.

Can we please get away from the "your players were born in state X" argument? It's completely ridiculous and only something I ever hear out of Cleveland. I suppose Pittsburgh should start laying claim to the success of other franchises because certain players were born and raised in the area or attended a school in the area. Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Taylor etc, etc, etc. All this shows is insecurity and hints of stupidity. You need to work on differentiating "trolling" from legitimate opinion. A good number of individuals come here to get a rise and as evidenced by this thread it works.

Thanks 4 digging up this thread! Don't you have anything better to do like polishing your Stooler merchandise? Ive got it, why dont you go fawk your sister Snatch, isn't that one of your favorite hobbies in the offseason?

Archived