THE BROWNS BOARD

Orgegon ObaMaocare Exchange implodes - GONE.

calfoxwc

That's just the beginning.

Marxist type plans can't go utopian and be a promised

magic pill for free stuff.

Ran out of money.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/04/24/cover-oregon-john-kitzhaber-obamacare-oregon/

Wait til more states realize the money is gone. Wait til

it hits our entire country, so conveniently, after the presidential election.

Of course, then the dems will cry that the Republicans made the OBamaocare

bad stuff happen.

And all sorts of uninformed free stuff voters will go with it. Or, maybe ...not.

Anyways, the money already ran out, "Cover Oregon" is gone.

I think the fact that we are living longer will be the death knell for most of the big social programs. If other countries quit loaning us money, we will have two dollars to pay for four dollars worth of stuff.

They would have to change retirement age and hope that more productive people start producing more productive kids. Highly unlikely at this point.

I think the fact that we are living longer will be the death knell for most of the big social programs. If other countries quit loaning us money, we will have two dollars to pay for four dollars worth of stuff.

They would have to change retirement age and hope that more productive people start producing more productive kids. Highly unlikely at this point.

Retirement age is going up, but slowly. I agree though that state funded pensions and things like that essentially amount to a ponzi scheme with the working population paying in and the retired people (who paid in first) collecting. It relies on the working population increasing steadily, but obviously that's stopped happening. So now we need to get to a situation where, since the population is roughly levelling out, the working population can support the retired population. More jobs needed, people working longer, etc. etc.

Not easy to fix.

Retirement age is going up, but slowly. I agree though that state funded pensions and things like that essentially amount to a ponzi scheme with the working population paying in and the retired people (who paid in first) collecting. It relies on the working population increasing steadily, but obviously that's stopped happening. So now we need to get to a situation where, since the population is roughly levelling out, the working population can support the retired population. More jobs needed, people working longer, etc. etc.

Not easy to fix.

The first world will have to rely on immigrants who produce tons of kids and hope that they have kids who want to work.

The first world will have to rely on immigrants who produce tons of kids and hope that they have kids who want to work.

That relies on there actually being work for them to do though, which there likely isn't, given the relatively high unemployment rates of late, unless we're going to live in eternal economic boom, which of course we won't.

That relies on there actually being work for them to do though, which there likely isn't, given the relatively high unemployment rates of late, unless we're going to live in eternal economic boom, which of course we won't.

I wish I were elderly and didn't have to worry about shenanigans that are surely going to be on the horizon.

Well I might suggest that it has more to do with the fact that the children and grandchildren of immigrants don't care to bust their ass for low wages.

WSS

Well I might suggest that it has more to do with the fact that the children and grandchildren of immigrants don't care to bust their ass for low wages.

WSS

Disregarding your insinuation that descendants of immigrants do not work; remove all immigrants from the population - you still have the same problem of pensions.

Disregarding your insinuation that descendants of immigrants do not work; remove all immigrants from the population - you still have the same problem of pensions.

I think you've missed my point sir. I personally like immigrants just fine. What I am saying is that first generation Mexican, Irish, Italians, Germans

, Lebanese, Egyptians, etc you name it work their ass off doing shitty jobs for low pay. Their children born as citizens of the US don't feel the need to do that. Not that they don't work it's just that they don't work nearly as hard as the first generation.

WSS

I think you've missed my point sir. I personally like immigrants just fine. What I am saying is that first generation Mexican, Irish, Italians, Germans

, Lebanese, Egyptians, etc you name it work their ass off doing shitty jobs for low pay. Their children born as citizens of the US don't feel the need to do that. Not that they don't work it's just that they don't work nearly as hard as the first generation.

WSS

No I got your point, I just disagree with it. To an extent - I can understand that they haven't been through whatever adversity drove Pedro Sr to swim to California, and so perhaps don't have the "it's so much better here than back home" work ethic.

But even so, even if they just work as hard as regular people, it still doesn't have a big impact on the overall situation. If you removed all first and second generation immigrants from the country, you'd still have the same pension problem.

No I got your point, I just disagree with it. To an extent - I can understand that they haven't been through whatever adversity drove Pedro Sr to swim to California, and so perhaps don't have the "it's so much better here than back home" work ethic.

But even so, even if they just work as hard as regular people, it still doesn't have a big impact on the overall situation. If you removed all first and second generation immigrants from the country, you'd still have the same pension problem.

well that may be where we differ. Personally I don't think the rest of us regular people, as you say, work all that hard or for the low pay that Grandpa was happy with.

And the pensioners the overpaid government workers the bloated unions are all made up of the children and grandchildren of immigrants.

WSS

I don't think it's a legal immigrant thing. I think it's an entire subculture that has been

told that they are owed a free living. Democrat party created a wont'-work population

that is locked in to voting for taxpayers subsidizing their sloth as long as possible.

And inviting illegals to come here, and add them to the same subculture, gets more votes.

Trouble is, we are already in 17+ trillion bucks in debt.

It is impossible to continue it for too many more years...

Worst thing the likes of LBJ and all, ever could have done. If only those who WON'T

ever work, would get job training and take care of themselves.

But so many don't know any better, don't care where they are.

Archived