THE BROWNS BOARD

Bundy's ranch

Oh he said some racial things and is now back pedaling. Nothing all that egregious, just kind of stupid.

He was musing about whether or not they were better off as slaves when everyone had a job. Now they have no jobs and they abort their children and go to prison at cetera et cetera

The point is now the debate as to whether or not he has any rights to his property is completely ignored because now the focus is racism.

WSS

America's number one export is fake outrage

Kind of like getting upset at an issue that has been brewing since the late 80's early 90's about the federal gov't purchasing rights to land and one person deifying that purchase? Collecting fines and never paying? To many people are celebrating him as a Hero\calling him a villain, it is ridiculously over played and shouldn't even be news.

Kind of like getting upset at an issue that has been brewing since the late 80's early 90's about the federal gov't purchasing rights to land and one person deifying that purchase? Collecting fines and never paying? To many people are celebrating him as a Hero\calling him a villain, it is ridiculously over played and shouldn't even be news.

And that is certainly true as well.

WSS

He just objected to the feds taking the land, and imposing fines.

Really? A MILLION bucks to help pay for Obamaocare?

The gov is also fed up with the feds overreach.

So is Texas, where the feds are looking to strike next, they worry.

Add it all up, and these marxists in our gov are out of control, more and more

as time goes on.

Just wait til Obamao only has one more year....

Hasn't he been doing this for two decades though? He has know this was govt land for 20 years.

He is just a folk hero now because Obama is president and all the super right wing "patriots" love this guy to death for sticking it to the "marxist" govt. It is idiotic. I see no real reason to stick behind this guy like he is a hero.

Reading into this, the funny thing is how all these conservatives clinged to this guy. They wanted to be associated with him, to be associated with this "hero". Then he opens his racist mouth and they start backing away from him like rats jumping from a sinking ship. Lol

This dude has 14 children and 50 grandchildren, and he's a Mormon. He's also a racist. We really don't need people like this having so many kids. Hopefully he didn't brainwash them too much.

Not a hero, but most real Americans understand that the gov was overreaching, and overreacting.

It doesn't matter how long the feds have claimed the land from the state.

It's the principle - he said he would gladly pay the state grazing fees, but that the

Fed was out of order. The governor agrees.

He isn't all of a sudden wrong about the principle of things, just because he said some

ignorant things about race.

Too bad you think so linearly. It must be tough.

I think I was explaining this to Chris or Osiris a while back (in the other Bundy thread), but imagine living in your home that your grandfather built, and now the government wants you to pay a fee to use the kitchen. Because there is a turtle living in the crawlspace. A turtle that is ignored the next county over when that land is sold to Chinese developers.

I'd tell the gov't to pound sand too.

You want to bring a platoon of mall-cop, tactical ninjas (that likely train w/ <200 rds a month) to my house and fire at me, a US citizen? You better not miss.

Not a hero, but most real Americans understand that the gov was overreaching, and overreacting.

It doesn't matter how long the feds have claimed the land from the state.

It's the principle - he said he would gladly pay the state grazing fees, but that the

Fed was out of order. The governor agrees.

He isn't all of a sudden wrong about the principle of things, just because he said some

ignorant things about race.

Too bad you think so linearly. It must be tough.

Most "real" Americans? What exactly is a "real" American? Anyone that agrees with you? A "patriot"?

If he would gladly pay the fees why hasn't for 20 years? The dude is loaded, right?

I think I was explaining this to Chris or Osiris a while back (in the other Bundy thread), but imagine living in your home that your grandfather built, and now the government wants you to pay a fee to use the kitchen. Because there is a turtle living in the crawlspace. A turtle that is ignored the next county over when that land is sold to Chinese developers.

I'd tell the gov't to pound sand too.

You want to bring a platoon of mall-cop, tactical ninjas (that likely train w/ <200 rds a month) to my house and fire at me, a US citizen? You better not miss.

I don't think that is a good example, he never owned the land from my understanding, it was federal public land that was change to federal protected land in 1993. So it would be more like an empty allotment that for years was used as a place for kids to play getting changed to a reserve for a turtle. I didn't think he ever actually "owned" the land. Ranchers usually use the federal public lands to graze cattle while paying a fee to the Feds that is usually cheaper than the state or private lands.

Most "real" Americans? What exactly is a "real" American? Anyone that agrees with you? A "patriot"?

If he would gladly pay the fees why hasn't for 20 years? The dude is loaded, right?

Real Americans understand that the government is overeaching and overreacting...its right there in Cals post.

Another thing you missed was that Bundy would gladly pay STATE grazing fees.

Try and pay closer attention woody.

So he only wants to recognize some of the laws, but not the federal ones. Not the ones he doesnt like. Got it.

Hasn't he gone to court a few times so far, and lost? He wasn't paying these fees/taxes for 20 years and now something is finally happening. He didn't want to pay so his property gets seized.

We just have a fringe right in this country that treated this man like a hero and escalated the situation. All while spewing misinformation and making the situation worse.

By the way, this is a fantastic quote. Golden. Award winning. The former sheriff is brilliant

"We're actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it's going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers."

I don't think that is a good example, he never owned the land from my understanding, it was federal public land that was change to federal protected land in 1993. So it would be more like an empty allotment that for years was used as a place for kids to play getting changed to a reserve for a turtle. I didn't think he ever actually "owned" the land. Ranchers usually use the federal public lands to graze cattle while paying a fee to the Feds that is usually cheaper than the state or private lands.

Impossible. Nevada wasn't even a state yet when his family had the land.

The guy claims, he doesn't recognize the United States government, but he rides around on his horses carrying the American flag?

Plus he's a millionaire. How is that possible if he doesn't recognize the US Government? The US Government issues the money that makes him a millionaire.

Impossible. Nevada wasn't even a state yet when his family had the land.

His family never owned the land nor has the state. Any land when a territory becomes a state that is not owned either privately or by the state is owned by the Federal Gov't. Pre 1930's ranchers where using these open lands free of charge and without regulation. In 1934 the US Gv't decided to begin regulating these lands to prevent over grazing and to prevent small groups of ranchers fighting over grazing rights(including the land in question). In 1993 the US gov't decided to change this land from open grazing to a habitat for turtles and other wildlife, Ranchers who had permits to the land either had the permits reimbursed or not renewed. While the other ranchers where pissed at the change they complied, Bundy kept using the land even after he lost court cases and hence the penalties and fines. Honestly he should pay his fine to the people he owes it to (the Feds) and fade from public view.

I think this came along at a time people are pissed off and rightfully so. The bad thing is people are going to use instances like this to wrap around their paranoid delusions that in Obama's last year in office he is going to go out with a bang and turn us into Cuba.

Why are they taking the land NOW is the right question? To fund Obamacare, come on, a child can see through that bullshit.

So I'm pretty sure by your logic we should cede the entire country back to tbe American Indians.

Umm, sure?

His family never owned the land nor has the state. Any land when a territory becomes a state that is not owned either privately or by the state is owned by the Federal Gov't. Pre 1930's ranchers where using these open lands free of charge and without regulation. In 1934 the US Gv't decided to begin regulating these lands to prevent over grazing and to prevent small groups of ranchers fighting over grazing rights(including the land in question). In 1993 the US gov't decided to change this land from open grazing to a habitat for turtles and other wildlife, Ranchers who had permits to the land either had the permits reimbursed or not renewed. While the other ranchers where pissed at the change they complied, Bundy kept using the land even after he lost court cases and hence the penalties and fines. Honestly he should pay his fine to the people he owes it to (the Feds) and fade from public view.

I totally understand this. I'm just asking for a little equality in the outrage (from both sides). The BLM is headed by a crony of Harry Reid, who is trying to sell the land to a Chinese development firm that wants to build a solar energy plant on the land (suck it, endangered turtles). Why the fuck is the gov't (be it federal, or state) willing to send para-military troops over $1.3 million claim against an individual when he fucks up, but has no problem stroking out a $800 billion check to Wall street when they fuck up and cripple our economy? Or when GM couldnt understand market demand even if it slapped its balls in their collective faces, so the Gov't cut them a $40 billion floater?

When do "the people who are owed" that money (US citizens) get their check's?

This is why people are "supporting" Bundy. Not because he (and they) are racists, patriots, gun-boners, states rights advocates, etc... people are tired of this kind of bullshit.

Archived