THE BROWNS BOARD

MIKs inTOXICating full 7 Round Mock

miktoxic

so i'm following HBs mock as in no trades. all i did was look at where we are picking, where the players are ranked and went from there. of course i considered some of these players might move up or down so there is a little leeway.

4. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson - everyone has us picking him here and usually not everyone is wrong.

26. David Carr QB Fresno State - he was ranked @26 and that's where we take our QB.

35. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech - some have him going higher but after that initial burst on CBs with dennard and gilbert, i can see him being there @35.

71. Gabe Jackson OG Miss St. - there's our guard.

83. Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin - this is wishful thinking...a little. i think teams will be trying to scrape up the best of the CBs and WRs here so Borland is not a pipe dream. he was ranked 4 slots above.

106. Louichez Purifoy CB Florida - he's still there, take him. who knows what's what with mcfadden and we could use some depth at CB and returner.

127. Devin Street WR Pitt - i went to look at savage highlights and i saw more of this kid than anything else. he is ranked right here. let's add some height to our receiving corp. needs to add some weight.

145. Trai Turner OG LSU - insurance/depth pick. he's an underclassmen (soph) with good size 6'3" 310 lb. needs to add a little weight as well.

180. Storm Johnson RB UCF - my homer pick. he'll probably be gone. but i'm picking so.....

218. Jay Bromley DT Syracuse - the DL must feel left out. let's throw them a bone. at 6"3" and 306lb. he's gonna have to hit the racks and the steak house.

alright. pick it apart.

Fuller, Jackson and Borland won't be there at those points.

That's my trouble with making my mock draft.

yeah i hear ya. who knows when these rankings were made. i didn't go by other teams' needs or try to over complicate things. i saw a player around the number we pick and that's how i did it.

i mean from just the list of prospects it seems pretty dead on:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I like this mock. I still like the idea of drafting 2 qbs (one flier (the SCarolina guy?) a little later. Might as well in my opinion.

well in the rankings fales was right there @180 when i picked johnson the RB. people here know i have an affinity towards that kid. i also think a lot of people like fales and he's probably way above this original ranking.

I like the mock but I doubt Carr will be there at 26....

that's the major question with all these QBs some are rising in stock, carr and garropolo, some are falling. some say we get manziel at 4. some say he drops to us at 26. etc. etc.

the only consistent thing i've heard that the consensus of these draft gurus is that bridgewater is falling hard. mayock puts him in the 2nd round now.

like i said i just went by the rankings and where we pick and what OUR needs are.

that's the major question with all these QBs some are rising in stock, carr and garropolo, some are falling. some say we get manziel at 4. some say he drops to us at 26. etc. etc.

the only consistent thing i've heard that the consensus of these draft gurus is that bridgewater is falling hard. mayock puts him in the 2nd round now.

like i said i just went by the rankings and where we pick and what OUR needs are.

Indeed. No one knows at this point if ANY QB will be taken before 26.

I like it, but I just can't believe that Fuller will still be available at #35. There is a decent chance he might not even be available at #26. There is a pretty big drop off from the 5th best CB and the 6th best CB in this draft class and an even bigger drop off once you get out of the CB that have 2nd round grades. I think we are going to see a run on CB earlier because teams looking for good starting CB will want to grade them early instead of risk not being able to get them later.

I like it, but I just can't believe that Fuller will still be available at #35. There is a decent chance he might not even be available at #26. There is a pretty big drop off from the 5th best CB and the 6th best CB in this draft class and an even bigger drop off once you get out of the CB that have 2nd round grades. I think we are going to see a run on CB earlier because teams looking for good starting CB will want to grade them early instead of risk not being able to get them later.

i totally agree and if we were talking about doing mocks with trades i would have put out something completely different.

i know dennard and gilbert will be gone by prob 15 along with the top 2 WRs and the top 2 safeties. after watkins and evans that whole bunch is pretty much lopped together.

you've got to figure that not all 32 teams are keying in on CBs but more on WRs because they are so deep. that's why some CBs, maybe not fuller are going to be there at 35.

fuller's stock has been rising since these player rankings were put out but i can say the same thing about 20 other players. no one knows until the shit goes down.

again i made these mocks based upon our needs and the rankings of players that 'were' there at those picks.

-peace.

Desir is their guy, I've been saying it since January. They worked him out last week.

first off i don't think pettine cares whether or not he thinks a guy fits into his system when they have pro football talent and they are coming in as rookies. that's why they are coaches.

after saying that i'm not opposed to anyone that has talent the way it seems this kid desir has. i like his size. i guess i'm kind of put off by the division II thing. sure there have been plenty of other players who have made the jump just based on their talent but it still has to hang over his head, just like people will weigh in about strength of opposition when it comes to QBs. it DOES have to be taken into consideration.

hey bro, if farmer and co. think this kid has the goods and can make that leap, i'm all for it. i've already ressigned myself to the fact that we are too high and too low n the first round to where i'd like to be which is like pick 7 and pick 11. evans and gilbert would be my favorite 2 targets. so if we can address any 3 out of the 5 needs in the first 2 rounds with players that can start NOW, i'm down with any plan.

this was just a fun little thing to do in the waning hours left before the draft. i'm surprised everyone on here hasn't done the same.

in the end i trust our front office. i still think there might be some fireworks coming out of berea in 10 days.

i'm excited. hurry the fuck up already.

I won't pick it apart. Neither will I say great job. Its a crapshoot. Your guesses are as good as anyones, but, I am really only interested in who they actually DO draft at this point.

The draft should have taken place this past weekend....but the fucksticks wanted to move it into May sweeps month. Fuck that.

I mean, this has gone on so long the PG is going to go sterile with his wankering over the possibility that the Browns might take Derek Carr.

In the words of Tommy Lee Jones: "I don't care".

I won't pick it apart. Neither will I say great job. Its a crapshoot. Your guesses are as good as anyones, but, I am really only interested in who they actually DO draft at this point.

The draft should have taken place this past weekend....but the fucksticks wanted to move it into May sweeps month. Fuck that.

I mean, this has gone on so long the PG is going to go sterile with his wankering over the possibility that the Browns might take Derek Carr.

In the words of Tommy Lee Jones: "I don't care".

i hear ya. i'm sorry i even posted the stupid thing now. just get it over with. i have a couple of homer picks i'm rooting for but i really don't care at this point who they pick.

a little over a week to go and i hope this place will survive without imploding, seeing as all the wildlife have exposed their teeth and released their claws.

Archived