THE BROWNS BOARD

Mathews at 4?

cdl15

the last couple of weeks i have been trying to get upset at the idea of drafting another lineman. But in this case this kid may be the "for sure thing" in this draft.

It just makes sense. The lineage is there.

Uncle Clay played in Cleveland.

Dad played for like 20 yrs over half of them probowler yrs.

My cousins both play in the league and one of them is arguably the best linebacker in the game.

I don't think we should pass on yet another Mathews again...

Sorry man, I don't believe in the whole legacy thing.

No WAY Jimmy Haslam is going to allow a RT to go 4, they are going to make a splash. (Watkins, Mack, or Manziel)

Manziel shit yet again??? So you are talking splash as in the way it splashes when a turd hits the toilet then I guess.

I think taking Mathews would be brilliant. He could

take over at LT if Joe Thomas gets dinged and has to

sit out couple games.

Otherwise, without a guy to really play LT, the Browns

would be screwed over.

I don't know the guys on the depth chart as backups.

My guess is, that Bitonio later would do the same thing for the Browns maybe.

If Watkins and Mack are gone by 4 I would be down for Mathews if we can't find a trade partner ... Which I don't think we would be able to. I'm not sure what a team would want to trade up for with Clowney Watkins Mack off the board.

Those 3 gone I'm fine with Mathews or whichever QB they like.

I think we are going to get a lot more value from other positions at #4 than if we were to go OT. Clowney will be gone, that's a given. If not by #1, then the Rams will take him, or trade out to someone who wants him. Now lets assume Watkins and Mack are also gone and our FO doesn't want to go QB. I think at that point if we cannot trade back, then we would still get better value drafting Evans or even Gilbert at #4. We just don't need another OT this high. Adding another RT isn't going to be the turning point to win us more games, but one of those two could. And I don't even want Gilbert at #4, I think that is too high for him as a prospect, but I would gladly take him over both Robertson or Matthews.

Clowney, Mack and Watkins all gone at 4 is the nitemare scenario...

I have to believe that at least one team with a top ten pick would offer fair value to land either Jake or Robinson as their franchise LT. As tempting as it might be to have bookend, All-Pro OTs, that would be a luxury. I take the deal...

Archived