THE BROWNS BOARD

3 First Round Picks?

TopDawg31

NFL Mobile reported the Browns are looking into obtaining a third pick in the first round. Possibly with Seattle

Possible. I see it happening if Bridgewater falls to the bottom of the first. Of course I also think if he is the guy they want they shouldn't wait to see if he is still there 30-31-32 and try to trade up and get him. They should just take him at #26 (that is if the humors about Cincy wanting him at #24 prove to be false). I think this is a clever smoke screen to make the Texans feel comfortable in waiting to steal a trade we are trying to make past our #26 pick instead of trying to trade up ahead of us at #26.

Maybe the only good thing Banner and Lombardi did was to accumulate these picks that would give the Browns the ammunition to make a trade that would get them 3 picks.

The question is...who would they be targeting with these 3 picks? One of the QBs and one of the WRs? Or one of the OGs and a defender, either LB or CB?

this is ridiculous. i hope the NFL doesn't think this is a good idea and will want to push the draft back again next year.

(i know it was a scheduling conflict this year BUT the NFL loves anything that brings more attention to the 'shield' and what has everyone been talking about for the last month)

maybe i can schedule an induced coma from late april into the first week of may next year.

If we did have 3 first round picks I would want a QB, WR and CB in any order .......

depending on where you pick would determine the quality of those position picks.

top 2 receivers will go before 8. so you'd have to pick one at 4.

top 2 CBs will go before 13 so you'd have to trade up into that sweet spot.

top 2 QBs could go as high as 1 or drop to 26. take 1 at 26.

Might as well post this here as anywhere else.

Some Pettine info from the Twitter verse:

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala 5h Just chatted w/ Browns HC Mike Pettine. Said 5-6 guys he'd be happy w/ at 4th spot in draft. He IS going to get a guy he wants.

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala 5h Mike Pettine said he'll feel good end of day Friday if 4 of 5 picks project as starters. I asked if that meant 5th pick was QB. He laughed

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala 5h Mike Pettine said he would NOT be surprised if NO QBs chosen in 1st round. But also said could be a run on QBs Thursday.

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala 5h Browns coach Mike Pettine said when @DonteWhitner talked about the importance of winning for the city of Cleveland, "I got chills."

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala 3h Could owner Jimmy Haslam intercede in Browns' selection process Thursday? Coach Mike Pettine said: "That would NEVER happen."

Like the last two on there myself.

Reasons for moving up and trying to get 3 first round picks:

A first round picks initial contract is for 5 years, 6 if you have to franchise tag him. Lower round picks have much shorter contracts....and can be lost to FA much sooner. The rookie pay scale still applies for those 5 years. If you have a keeper, you can be assured of keeping him those 5 years. If you have a dog...see Brandon Weeden...you can dump him with little problem.

So, hell yea....get it to where the Browns have #6, #26 and #32. To move from #35 to #32 per the draft value chart it would only take giving up a 3rd round pick....which the Browns could do because they have 2 of them.

Make hay while the sun shines.

Archived