THE BROWNS BOARD

Wasn't here last year so a question....

LondonBrown

What was the reaction to Mingo's name being called?

Mildly positive on my account. I tend to wait until after their rookie season to evaluate. Mingo was an OK pick. Rest of the draft? Not so much. I am grateful Lombardi and Banner are NOT calling the shots this year.

I remember mostly everyone being on the Dee Milliner or Dion Jordan train last year. Personally, I was all for Jordan, but he got selected at 3 after a trade up.

At this point, I'd rather have Mingo over those two guys, but I'll admit that I was pretty bummed after the first round last year mostly because I didn't know a whole lot about MIngo at the time.

Given what was available last year, I was good with Mingo. He had (& HAS) an extremely high upside as he only played a couple years HS ball & was a DE in College. Very raw, but he can be special. That being said, he was/is a project & a reach where he was taken.

With his speed, athleticism, range, & intelligence, he just may end up as an ILB (especially if we nab Kahlil). Who knows?

Mike

Given what was available last year, I was good with Mingo. He had (& HAS) an extremely high upside as he only played a couple years HS ball & was a DE in College. Very raw, but he can be special. That being said, he was/is a project & a reach where he was taken.

With his speed, athleticism, range, & intelligence, he just may end up as an ILB (especially if we nab Kahlil). Who knows?

Mike

see man, I think Mack would make a Patrick Willis type ILB. Mingo doesnt have the anchor strength for ILB, and hes too tall/long for the job.

i think everyone (on the most part so it coming and were OK with it. not some public outcry. not half the fan base in love with him and half hating him.

i was on milners jock. as well as mathieu's. the year before claiborne.

see a trend?

gilbert and fuller this year and once again will go home kicking rocks.

Early in the college season that year, Mingo was a lock at #1 for a while. After his numbers weren't equivalent to the previous year he dropped some.

I thought it was a good pick, it was a pick that was so..not Browns like I felt like the tide was turning. It wasn't that often we drafted freak athlete projects, for a while our picks consisted of guys we expected to produce right away. Us not starting Brady Quinn was actually surprising to me.

Archived