THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayocks Mock

SCDawg82

yeah that would piss me off considering the 2 best wide receivers and the best CBs are picked right after us.

we don't need a tackle, we need a guard, unless the coaching staff is done with schwartz at RT. still you can get good value in a later round. the wide receivers and CBs take a big dip in talent after the top 4 at each position.

Was on NFL Network... just finished round 1...

Mike...

buddy...

What

the

fuck?

And for the record not only is Jake Mathews the best OT in this draft at this time... Mayock had Robinson going to the Rams at #2.

Was on NFL Network... just finished round 1...

Mike...

buddy...

What

the

fuck?

And for the record not only is Jake Mathews the best OT in this draft at this time... Mayock had Robinson going to the Rams at #2.

Your are correct. It's just a frustrating prospect to take a RT at #4. You can make an argument that Matthews is the better OT.

It's what I'd call, a "NEED REACH."

This FO is not going to make a reach at #4. It will be exciting to see what happens tomorrow but I'm starting to believe that they will play it safe and select not only quality but positions of need. For example, we need a #2 WR, a QB and OG but we need a corner and MLB more, I think they'll move back on 4 and get Gilbert and move up on 26 and get Mosely. That's two day-1 starters at critical positions of need. Then they go with a QB in round 2 (perhaps moving up into the first round with a Seattle trade and getting a QB.

I must have seen a different team last year. Schwartz a joke all year and so was our running game. Matthews is a stud.

i agree. but why not get the #1 or #2 guard with our 2nd or 3rd pick? at 4 it makes more sense to take a WR, CB, LB. the drop off in those 3 positions after the top 3 or 4 is greater than that of almost any other position.

i think half of schwartz's frustrating play so far has more to do with him trying to over compensate for the person to the left of him.

i know shanahan loves big and fast OLmen but 4 is a reach IMO for this team at this time.

i agree. but why not get the #1 or #2 guard with our 2nd or 3rd pick? at 4 it makes more sense to take a WR, CB, LB. the drop off in those 3 positions after the top 3 or 4 is greater than that of almost any other position.

i think half of schwartz's frustrating play so far has more to do with him trying to over compensate for the person to the left of him.

i know shanahan loves big and fast OLmen but 4 is a reach IMO for this team at this time.

All fair points, any guard in particular you like?

Am I the only one who like Lewan better than Matthews ?

A couple Michigan grads here might agree, but I don't see Lewan being even close. I've been shocked how high his stock has risen. While he's a road grader of a run blocker I see Mega-stiff hips that make him a pass blocking liability at the next level.

On the other hand while Jake is not a run block powerhouse he's plenty strong enough and has all the technique you'd ever want in an OT. He's the closest thing to our Joe Thomas I have seen since Joe came to us.

Archived