THE BROWNS BOARD

3rd Round

SCDawg82

Not a fan of the pick at all... let's hope he proves is wrong. I think there wet much better players available at that spot.

What hurts even worse is that we mo longer have another 3rd, so a lot of the talent left will probably be long gone by the 4th

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the pick at all... let's hope he proves is wrong. I think there wet much better players available at that spot.

What hurts even worse is that we mo longer have another 3rd, so a lot of the talent left will probably be long gone by the 4th

Mayock said it was a very good pick. Had favorable things to say about the kid. Put up decent speed numbers, and average strength numbers. But said to have good instincts. We shall see.

Christian Kirksey does a lot of things well but isnt necessarily a master of any one of them. Pass coverage is where he earns the highest marks. His footwork, fluidity and instincts enable him to play a variety of coverages to fine effect. He was often floated out over slot receivers for the Hawkeyes. The potential to be a contributor in a teams nickel package is very appealing, as teams have begun to spend more time in that set than their actual base set.

Lack of athletic traits will surely see Kirksey slide down the draft board, maybe even to the third day. Whichever team drafts him will be getting a versatile, smart and savvy linebacker who will stick on their roster for many years

I like Kirksey more than that assessment.. but still... What in the actual fuck is going on?

If you don't know, how the hell are we ordinary folk supposed to know?

Kirskey is the ILB2 as it fits in Petine's system. Another position of need. We couldn't panic and reach for a wr just BC of the Gordon news

Even without the Gordon news we STILL needed another WR. dont be stupid.

Well JAX just tabbed Brandon Linder...

And we're back in the 3rd... for our early 4th and our 6th.

For an RB? From a small college to boot...

Archived