THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns knew about Gordon an now tanking 2014

kingjamesfan05

So the browns top guys knew about Gordon an didnt even draft a reciever..they took the tackel from nevada which on film looks like a beast an a mean player so we just sewed up the line..then took the linebacker from iowa cause kurger look like a bum. Till no receiver we had a chance at watkins but traded down to get the bills 1st an 4th next year. Now looking at this in the rearview its feeling like a tank season. Johnny football dont see the field untill the end of the season givim us a reason to boo hoyer cause we will 2/3 an 10/9. We have no weapons but Jordan for the whole year... But next year we will have 2top 15 picks with 1 of those n the top 5.. I kno what people r gunna say gordan isnt the whole team but let me say this we had 4 wins with the best reciver on the field what r we.gunna do now.. Run the ball 50 times a game lord knows ben tate signing was trash dudes stay hurt everyday... In the end johnny sits studys an learns.. OL is set for him in 2 years an we gt 2 first rounders next year to surround him with special playmakers.. Tell me with everything takin in that this isnt a tank season

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone seems to forget that Farmer is part of the front office that tried to trade Gordon last season. He knew very well that Gordon was one failed drug test from a year long suspension. The fact that they haven't drafted a wide receiver yet tells me that they have their vision of the Browns offensively. Who were Washington's wide receivers in RG3's debut year? But everyone knows who the running back was.

This team is being built as a run first, option read offense with less emphasis on wide receivers. This offense can thrive without an elite receiver so let's stop overreacting and let Farmer continue the brilliant work he's done so far.

So the browns top guys knew about Gordon an didnt even draft a reciever..they took the tackel from nevada which on film looks like a beast an a mean player so we just sewed up the line..then took the linebacker from iowa cause kurger look like a bum. Till no receiver we had a chance at watkins but traded down to get the bills 1st an 4th next year. Now looking at this in the rearview its feeling like a tank season. Johnny football dont see the field untill the end of the season givim us a reason to boo hoyer cause we will 2/3 an 10/9. We have no weapons but Jordan for the whole year... But next year we will have 2top 15 picks with 1 of those n the top 5.. I kno what people r gunna say gordan isnt the whole team but let me say this we had 4 wins with the best reciver on the field what r we.gunna do now.. Run the ball 50 times a game lord knows ben tate signing was trash dudes stay hurt everyday... In the end johnny sits studys an learns.. OL is set for him in 2 years an we gt 2 first rounders next year to surround him with special playmakers.. Tell me with everything takin in that this isnt a tank season

This was your 1st post, and make it your last. Ridiculous doesn't begin to describe your "thoughts".

I stopped reading halfway through. In reality:

-we just completed our starting lineup on D

-we just strengthened our O Line, added a split time RB, and drafted the QB we hope will be the future.

-we lack WR talent

I take that all day. The trade off would be to have WR talent and lose the o line prospect or completion of the D. If the argument is about the RB pick, we're talking about long shot WRs that would go in the 4th, as compared to a RB who they likely were high on.

This draft is as it should have been. If WR is our biggest need, and the o line and D are top 15 this year, I'd venture to say this draft was a huge success. Thats my morning take.

Everyone seems to forget that Farmer is part of the front office that tried to trade Gordon last season. He knew very well that Gordon was one failed drug test from a year long suspension. The fact that they haven't drafted a wide receiver yet tells me that they have their vision of the Browns offensively. Who were Washington's wide receivers in RG3's debut year? But everyone knows who the running back was.

This team is being built as a run first, option read offense with less emphasis on wide receivers. This offense can thrive without an elite receiver so let's stop overreacting and let Farmer continue the brilliant work he's done so far.

Now this is what's called a "thought". I totally agree. Hopefully some of the "sky is falling" crowd will jump off the bandwagon and go root for the Ravens.

I stopped reading halfway through. In reality:

-we just completed our starting lineup on D

-we just strengthened our O Line, added a split time RB, and drafted the QB we hope will be the future.

-we lack WR talent

I take that all day. The trade off would be to have WR talent and lose the o line prospect or completion of the D. If the argument is about the RB pick, we're talking about long shot WRs that would go in the 4th, as compared to a RB who they likely were high on.

This draft is as it should have been. If WR is our biggest need, and the o line and D are top 15 this year, I'd venture to say this draft was a huge success. Thats my morning take.

Totally agree Bum

I honestly think we keep... FIVE RB on the roster for the season. Tate and Towsen obviously, Whitiker and Lewis as RB/WR 3rd down players, and then a battle between Baker and Cook. I think Cook, while cut and signed to the practicie squad and team several times last year, projects really well into the ZBS so I give him a slight edge over Baker, even though Baker himself didn't play too bad last year. Don't forget we also still have Obi, who is becoming the forgotten man and even though he has fumbling issues, he is a one cut guy who hits holes fast as well.

I expect to see alot of two RB sets, even with a FB lined up and most of our passing is done on play action which both Hoyer and Manziel sell very well.

But I also see us signing one or two veteran WR who can still produce as long as they are not looked at as the end all be all #1. I think, since we knew about Gordon, it would have been smart for the Browns to drop the 4th rounder in the Bills trade and take Stevie Johnson, who is a solid #1 WR when he has a half way decent QB throwing to him. I mean that is basically what he got traded for to the 49er's (5th round pick that can become a 3rd rounder based on production).

Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.

Do you think we might try to trade Gordon today? For a future pick?

Who would take him? Honestly, and even though I he has pissed everyone off and won't be playing this season, you get more value in his one season left on his contract when he comes back than what you can get by trading him now. Plus if he comes back, the Browns don't cut him, he produces again in his 4th season out of college, he would owe the Browns so much. He could still leave in FA, but if he wanted to prove that he's not a cunt he would except a short term (2-3) year deal for a bargain with a clause saying he loses everything for another positive test.

Or another example, we keep him for his one remaining season, afterwards we put a 2nd round tender on him. We either get him back for a 2nd season cheap or some team signs him and gives us a 2nd round pick. This option might be the smartest move the FO could make.

We should play a new game. It's called what CFL team will sign Gordon for next season.

Do you think we might try to trade Gordon today? For a future pick?

Though he hasn't been suspended yet, he's basically damaged goods. Ton of talent, huge risk. Nobody would give you a case of Gatorade right now. Look at it this way ... Justin Blackmon is about to hit the streets, and we're in a very similar situation.

Too bad we couldn't throw a draft pick at Buffalo for Stevie Johnson.

Gordon has not actually been suspended yet, right?

I'm hoping the front office knows something we don't. I mean, they've known about the potential suspensions for awhile now, but we did still not draft a WR. It is possible they know Gordon won't be suspended for the entire season.

Because when Gordon posted the most yards in the league last year, we still finished 4-12. I'd venture to say Gordon and Cameron gave us a better set of pass catchers than a lot of teams. Why did we go 4-12...we couldn't rush the ball (OL/RB), we took 49 sacks (OL/QB), and we gave up too many plays on D (ILB/CB). Positions addressed. I saw a plan, poise, and a lack of pacic from a from office faced with expectation from fans to "win now," who after having their draft plans rocked 2 weeks ago by Gordon, stayed true and didn't make rookie mistakes.

Nice, well thought out post. I agree. Post of the week right here.

Believe it or not there still is a few good WR free agents available: Miles Austin, Earl Bennett and Austin Collie. We could also go with a two TE set similar to what NE ran a few years ago. But I also agree with some of what you guys said as far as beefing up both the O-lines and D-lines. everything has to start there before everything else can fall into place.

Believe it or not there still is a few good WR free agents available: Miles Austin, Earl Bennett and Austin Collie. We could also go with a two TE set similar to what NE ran a few years ago. But I also agree with some of what you guys said as far as beefing up both the O-lines and D-lines. everything has to start there before everything else can fall into place.

Free agent list is weak...But we are loaded with Defensive line trade bait when camp casualties start to mount.

Austin used to be good, still only 29, but seems to always have nagging injuries. Burleson willl have a hard time staying healthy too. I sure wish Greg Little didn't suck, We need him now.

Zombo

Austin used to be good, still only 29, but seems to always have nagging injuries. Burleson willl have a hard time staying healthy too. I sure wish Greg Little didn't suck, We need him now.

Zombo

Little may actually thrive in this offense, he's big and strong enough to make YAC without elite speed.

Zombo

But if we sign Austin, between him and Burleson, that makes 1 healthy WR.

Kirkseys and ILB bro. He's not going to be replacing Kruger...who is a hybrid DE/OLB. Gotta know your football.

Not going to be any tanking with this team. The fan base was just lit up on Thursday night. They're not going to lose that momentum.

Agree on the tanking, but it is very hard to square this draft in light of the Gordon news with the FO's "Win Now" mantra.

I honestly think we keep... FIVE RB on the roster for the season. Tate and Towsen obviously, Whitiker and Lewis as RB/WR 3rd down players, and then a battle between Baker and Cook. I think Cook, while cut and signed to the practicie squad and team several times last year, projects really well into the ZBS so I give him a slight edge over Baker, even though Baker himself didn't play too bad last year. Don't forget we also still have Obi, who is becoming the forgotten man and even though he has fumbling issues, he is a one cut guy who hits holes fast as well.

I expect to see alot of two RB sets, even with a FB lined up and most of our passing is done on play action which both Hoyer and Manziel sell very well.

But I also see us signing one or two veteran WR who can still produce as long as they are not looked at as the end all be all #1. I think, since we knew about Gordon, it would have been smart for the Browns to drop the 4th rounder in the Bills trade and take Stevie Johnson, who is a solid #1 WR when he has a half way decent QB throwing to him. I mean that is basically what he got traded for to the 49er's (5th round pick that can become a 3rd rounder based on production).

On RBs: I saw a lot more one cut performance out of Baker than any of the other depth RBs on the roster last year. So I pencil him in as my 5th RB behind Tate, Lewis, Ogbo and Towsen.

PAP: I thought Hoyer excelled at it, but in part that could be due to the contrast with Wheezy. Manziel is above average in the classic drop back ball fake, but if you add in Read-Option faking his evaluation at A&M does rise. However, if not allowed to run off the RO fake, which he should not be, that value is minimized. Plus under the rules a QB carrying out a run fake after handing off the ball is fair game...

WR: Even for a 4th there's too much prima in Stevie's donna for my taste... I'd pass on that.

Sammy Watkins

Xavier Su'a-Filo

Derek Carr

Carlos Hyde

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Honestly, at this point- I would have rather had the Raider's Draft.

i jumped all over a guy last week for posting something about trading gordon.

well, i'd like to officially apologize to whoever it was that knew WTF they were talking about.

i've got no patience for assholes who can't stay in the game because they like smoking trees more than they like dedicating themselves to their craft.

talent or not, if it was my call i'd shitcan the fucker today.

How is tank mode even possible on May 10th? Do people really think about what they are typing before they post it? I can promise you, the fo is not in tank mode four months before the season starts. Gordon can suck a bag of dicks for all I care, and I don't give a shit about his pot usage. Shit, I probably smoke more than him, so fuck him. He is one player. One. All but four wins in the NFL last year were without Josh Gordon getting the ball. We'll be fine. Tank mode, really?

Archived