THE BROWNS BOARD

Earl Bennett

Bummie

Matt Mramer on Fansided - The article is titled "Browns Options at Wide Receiver" - I pulled it up using the Bleacher Report app so I don't have a link

Earl Bennett never really got a fair shake in Chicago. He always seemed to be overlooked after being taken in the third round of the 2008 draft, sitting behind noted studs Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery last season. Bennett could be a relatively cheap investment, as he has drawn minimal interest on the free agent market.

At just over 6 feet and 200 pounds, Bennett offers solid route-running ability and a set of sure hands to the offense, something that Cleveland has been lacking for several years. While he doesnt have top-end speed, Bennett is a smart wideout and uses tools such as head fakes and quick jukes to get separation from defenders, even if they are faster or more athletic than he is.

This was on display last December, when the Bears came to Cleveland and handed the Browns a 38-31 loss, with Bennett catching a critical touchdown pass with under five minutes left in the game. Even with the Browns brass being comprised of new leaders this offseason, Clevelands front office had a chance to see first-hand the impact Bennett can have less than six months ago.

If given an opportunity to play a more substantial role in a teams offense, Bennett could be a major contributor and a valuable asset to whatever team decides to sign him.

"Pro Football Focus had him rated as the No. 72 receiver in the league in 2013" He's already better than any WR we put on the field last year with the exception of Puffy.

"Pro Football Focus had him rated as the No. 72 receiver in the league in 2013" He's already better than any WR we put on the field last year with the exception of Puffy.

So basically he is rated as a 3rd stringer.

Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.

Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.

See ya, looking for a real team to follow.

Confirmed on BR, at least it says so. Now the Browns are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know many experst on here disagree but that #5 pick could have been a receiver.

Next year, except I now could care less. When Johnny get broken in half it all comes tumbling down.

Cheerio.

Later twat waffle.

They sign Earl Bennett and the wheels fall off your bandwagon! Hahahaha

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out

Hey! C'mon back! You forgot your tampons cum dumpster.

We will always look back fondly on the acmikeac era: May 11 - May 15th, 2014

Fare thee well, and thank you for those inspirational four days of front runner fandom.

Zombo

I love when people see moves like this (see Vince Young) and assume this entails more than what it is. Vets get picked up and dropped all the time, it's the name of the game in the NFL. Just because we signed him doesn't mean he even makes it past the first round of cuts. Kicking the tires on players this time of year isn't a bad thing.

He was signed in Chicago because he had a rapport with Cutler from college, but it never really materialized. Not a bad player, but not a superstar.

He's only six foot, so Im sure there will be some tears.

What??? Where do you get this bullshi**??

The Bears DRAFTED Bennett in the 3rd round, a year before they even signed Jay Cutler...

I love when people see moves like this (see Vince Young) and assume this entails more than what it is. Vets get picked up and dropped all the time, it's the name of the game in the NFL. Just because we signed him doesn't mean he even makes it past the first round of cuts. Kicking the tires on players this time of year isn't a bad thing.

I think most that are logical understand this.

^This.

Z

Door>>>>Ass>>>>>>No Hit>>>>>>Out.

Just reading through a few stories on the pickup and was surpised to see how many Bears fans responded to the stories and think he is a good reciever, nothing flashy but good hands. Sounds like could be good depth for the WR core.

Personally, I have no problem with this types of guys. Give them new life on a new team and they might produce. I always think of that season Brandon Lloyd had with the Broncos. He came out of no where that year and I think he was 30 or 31. Didn't do much after that season, but if you can squeeze one solid year out of some of these guys and get you to the next off season it's win win for everybody.

Not sure what the argument would be to not give Bennett a look...

They sign Earl Bennett and the wheels fall off your bandwagon! Hahahaha

LOL... apparently that was one camelback just waiting for another straw.

A moment of silence for our departed acmikeac...2...3...4... that ought to do it...

What??? Where do you get this bullshi**??

The Bears DRAFTED Bennett in the 3rd round, a year before they even signed Jay Cutler...

Hey now! He writes articles for bleacher report. He knows his stuff *cough*

Archived