THE BROWNS BOARD

Daughter of Jeremiah Wright (Obama's Preacher) Convicted of Fraud Scheme

Daughter of Jeremiah Wright Convicted in Fraud Scheme

CHICAGO — The daughter of President Barack Obama's former pastor was convicted on Friday of laundering thousands of dollars from a state grant for a Chicago-area job-training program, federal prosecutors said.

A federal jury took less than two hours to find Jeri Wright, 48, the daughter of Jeremiah Wright, guilty on all counts for her part in a fraud scheme led by a former suburban police chief and the chief's husband, according to the U.S. Attorney's office for the Central District of Illinois in Springfield.

The $1.25 million state grant was for a not-for-profit work and education program called We Are Our Brother's Keeper, owned by Regina Evans, former police chief of Country Club Hills, and her husband, Ronald Evans Jr.

Wright, a close friend of the couple, took as much as $11,000 from checks worth more than $30,000 that were supposed to be for work related to the grant, prosecutors said. About $20,000 was deposited back into accounts controlled by Regina and Ronald Evans.

130411-jeri-wright-430a_7bc20339b2075c26M. SPENCER GREEN / ASSOCIATED PRESS

Jeri Wright, seen here on Aug. 1, 2007, was found guilty on March 7, 2014, on all counts for her part in a fraud scheme led by a former suburban police chief and the chief's husband.

The couple has pleaded guilty to the fraud scheme.

The grant agreement was supposed to provide bricklaying and electrical pre-apprenticeship training and GED preparation at the Regal Theater, another entity owned by the couple. Little, if any, of the training provided in the grant agreement was ever completed, according to prosecutors.

Jeremiah Wright was the Chicago pastor whose inflammatory church sermons, which often condemned U.S. attitudes on race, poverty and other issues, became a focus during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Jeri Wright also was convicted of making false statements to law enforcement officers and giving false testimony to a grand jury. The maximum penalty for money laundering is up to 20 years in prison, and five years in prison on the other counts. Sentencing is scheduled for July 7.

— REUTERS

Thought it was Susan Rice for a moment.

It's a strong trend - the left leans toward corrupt thought, and action,

justified by their unwarranted extreme arrogance.

Having to put (Obama's preacher) in the title just goes to show the Republicans are worrying about the other side.

Instead of worrying about someone that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING, you should be worrying about why the Republicans can't offer a person that can win the presidential election

Having to put (Obama's preacher) in the title just goes to show the Republicans are worrying about the other side.

Instead of worrying about someone that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING, you should be worrying about why the Republicans can't offer a person that can win the presidential election

I don't mind reminding the voting public that the president attended church there and pretended not to know anything.

Most people should realize that that church attendance was a farce the first place. Its not a major deal but it bears repeating I guess.

WSS

worried? ppfffft...

It is interesting to see the "full circle" of events in the life and times of Barry er.. BHO

It all started with the good preacher telling us all what he thought back in the campaign of 2007 or so?

BTW - is the good preacher Rev Wright as proud a papa as his colleague - Rev Jesse Jackson is with his (EX) congressman son - who

was also caught with some illegally gotten gains a year or so back?

My guess is no.

worried? ppfffft...

It is interesting to see the "full circle" of events in the life and times of Barry er.. BHO

It all started with the good preacher telling us all what he thought back in the campaign of 2007 or so?

BTW - is the good preacher Rev Wright as proud a papa as his colleague - Rev Jesse Jackson is with his (EX) congressman son - who

was also caught with some illegally gotten gains a year or so back?

My guess is no.

If you are NOT worried, then why do you care so much about what the other side is doing? You should be concentrating on what YOU can do to help your side.

Church attendance was a farce? Sounds fine to me.

We could have the greatest candidate for our country in US history, but if he doesn't say "Jesus" and "God" a few times during his election he wouldn't get elected.

Uh Yes Woodster. Here's why. I'm sure you don't recall.....

Barack Obama, a mullato from out of state state and educated at a mostly white University, lost an election to a "real" black candidate from the Chicago hood.

To bolster his street cred he joined Jeremiah Wright's church.

Turned out that Reverend Wright was just a little bit unavory.

I could imagine if I moved to Louisiana and planned to run for office I might join a fundamentalist Church in order to seem like the voters. If later on the minister was found to have made some outrageous racist statements I would get shit for that.

WSS

If you are NOT worried, then why do you care so much about what the other side is doing? You should be concentrating on what YOU can do to help your side.

Because what the other side is doing, imho, is screwing with our country, scandal after scandal. Only an ignorant

democrat would refuse to care enough to notice.

We patriots are observant. People like you always want to tell the rest of America what we "should" do, what we "should" pay,

what our healthcare is, what words we can use and what words we can't use, what to pay attention to, what not to pay attention to, what to watch and what should not be watched, always want to tell us to not drive, Suv's, have guns, etc.

Libs are self-righteous, bigoted,nibby noses.

Because what the other side is doing, imho, is screwing with our country, scandal after scandal. Only an ignorant
democrat would refuse to care enough to notice.
We patriots are observant. People like you always want to tell the rest of America what we "should" do, what we "should" pay,
what our healthcare is, what words we can use and what words we can't use, what to pay attention to, what not to pay attention to, what to watch and what should not be watched, always want to tell us to not drive, Suv's, have guns, etc.
Libs are self-righteous, bigoted,nibby noses.

You are wrong about me. I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican either. If the republican's could produce a person worth voting for. I would vote for them. But at this point, they can't or won't. I did not vote for Obama either.

I don't care what kind of SUV you drive, I don't care what words you use, or what you watch, eat, or drink. AND I LOVE MY GUNS.

when you say "Libs are self-righteous, bigoted,nibby noses." to me that sounds like a conservative not a liberal.

Back to the topic, What does the daughter of a preacher have to do with our country's problems?

Well, 149, I just figured you to be dem leaning, at least, because you singled out

Reps for worrying about the other side.

You don't think Dems worry about the other side? They go on the attack

on anyone who is even thinking about running as the opposition.

I really like Dr. Carson. I wish he'd run. He isn't perfect, either. I really like Allan West.

But my favorite to run is Sen. John Thune, S. Dakota. He is everything I want in

a rep running for pres.

As to your point

about the Reps not putting better candidates up for pres... it's true.

But the dems have put up Gore, Obamao, Kerry, .."really?"

Note: libs attacked and belittled Bush's kids most of the time. You see any conservatives

attacking and belittling Buttock and Moochelle's kids? Nope.

I really dont care to be honest....

yes Im conservative but,after these last 6 years - Im not hopeful of any return to the way things used to be.

But that wont change my thinking of the hypocrisy of this current administration. and speaking out - well writing it out here as it were

besides there is so much good stuff to bitch about, while waiting on the Browns season to start! ;)

Well, 149, I just figured you to be dem leaning, at least, because you singled out

Reps for worrying about the other side.

You don't think Dems worry about the other side? They go on the attack

on anyone who is even thinking about running as the opposition.

I really like Dr. Carson. I wish he'd run. He isn't perfect, either. I really like Allan West.

But my favorite to run is Sen. John Thune, S. Dakota. He is everything I want in

a rep running for pres.

As to your point

about the Reps not putting better candidates up for pres... it's true.

But the dems have put up Gore, Obamao, Kerry, .."really?"

Note: libs attacked and belittled Bush's kids most of the time. You see any conservatives

attacking and belittling Buttock and Moochelle's kids? Nope.

Obama won twice. So obviously that was a good choice.

Archived