THE BROWNS BOARD

In Farmer We Trust

Suomi

Ray Farmer is getting it done.

1. Great Draft. Let me repeat - GREAT DRAFT. I don't care that he didn't select a WR. He didn't have to, because of...

2. Great Free Agent Signings. Four veteran WR's signed. Upgrades at ILB and SS. A quality starting RB in the fold. A versatile O-Lineman. And a Pro-Bowl Center.

3. New Culture Injection. Farmer added leaders that WIN in Dansby, Whitner and Manziel. Cut loose problem children Weeden and Little. Let Lauvao, DQ and TJ Ward walk. Re-signed Haden to a long-term deal. Farmer has made a statement that the Browns mean business. That's a refreshing change.

4. Upgraded the Roster Talent. Up and down on both sides of the ball the Browns' roster is more talented than its been in years. Farmer has set-up Pettine nicely.

I couldn't be happier with where the Browns are right now. Sure, there is more work to be done: Gordon is facing suspension; there are a bunch of rookies are expected to contribute and, to do so, need coaching-up; Hoyer is coming off an injury; Manziel's growth will require patience. But the moves made by Farmer have me feeling something about the Browns that I haven't felt in I don't know how many years: confidence. Confidence that - finally - they are moving in the right direction, they're on the right track and the rails are straight and clear before their locomotive that is plainly gathering steam.

Before you dismiss my thoughts as simply Friday night drunken drivel, let me point out that 1) I'm not Mik B) and 2) I've lived through the transformation of a sports program from doormat to national power. Sometimes all it takes is one man to make that change. A man in control, that has a plan, that knows what he's doing, and has a burning desire to succeed. I watched Jim Calhoun grow the UCONN Huskies from a second-rate, non-factor squad to an NIT Champion, a 17X Big East Regular Season and Tournament Champion, and 4X National Champions. What he did was special. What I felt during that evolution was special. And that special feeling is starting to develop now with regards to the Browns.

Strap in. Prepare yourself for a truly magical ride.

In Farmer We Trust.

The Browns got the best CB in the draft, one of the best QB's in the draft and another 1st rounder next year from a team that will finish 5-11 or worse. Top 10 pick for sure

Sounds like a winner to me

Have to agree (mostly).

So far I'm loving what Farmer is doing.

I'm a bit sad about losing Ward and Little (yeah, yeah, I know), but I think he's doing an amazing job so far.

I think another Draft, maybe two, is all Farmer needs to have the Browns cooking.

Of course there is a year or two experience for those newly Drafted players, but I haven't seen this type of focus for the Browns since . . . well, I don't know when, it's been that freakin' long.

I'm on the same Train you are Suomi.

Have to agree (mostly).

So far I'm loving what Farmer is doing.

I'm a bit sad about losing Ward and Little (yeah, yeah, I know), but I think he's doing an amazing job so far.

I think another Draft, maybe two, is all Farmer needs to have the Browns cooking.

Of course there is a year or two experience for those newly Drafted players, but I haven't seen this type of focus for the Browns since . . . well, I don't know when, it's been that freakin' long.

I'm on the same Train you are Suomi.

we didn't "LOSE" Ward, he was allowed to leave because in Farmer's eyes he could do better.

Sure, he's doing a good job. On paper, this is a much-improved team...

Now, he hands the keys over to Pettine so we'll see what happens from there

I have more confidence in Pettine, then I ever had in Chud, Shurmer, or Mangini,

Mike Pettine seems like a leader, those other tools were not

Archived