THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule Poster

SCDawg82

And a related question. Is there a good website to watch Browns games that are not televised nationally?

I'm deciding whether to get Direct TV "Sunday Ticket" unless I can find a good website.

And a related question. Is there a good website to watch Browns games that are not televised nationally?

I'm deciding whether to get Direct TV "Sunday Ticket" unless I can find a good website.

There is a site, but it's not going to be HD and you need to make sure your virus protection is up to date and working great. It's free, but not exactly legal as far as I know. I've used it for years to stream games and haven't really had an issue.

I can't post the link here for several reasons, but you can PM if you want it. Honestly, if you can afford Sunday Ticket, go with that.

I've done both Sunday Ticket and the websites like utzie is talking about. I'd go with Sunday Ticket as the quality of those sites is pretty poor. I got a great deal on Sunday Ticket Online by buying Madden 25 last year. Not sure if you can buy it still.

I thought I saw a website that let you buy access to just one team's game for a season for 100 bucks but I haven't been able to find it again.

budweiser gives out schedule posters at local beer distributors for hometown teams (at least here in NY) but seeing as you are in SC it will be harder to get. i'd check cleveland radio stations etc. seeing as they might promote themselves that way and maybe they'd mail you one.

Other than a couple years ago, when I cancelled it in disgust with the Browns, I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber for a long time and I love it. In addition to the Browns there always seems to be at least one other, non-national game that I prefer.

One other alternative for you to consider if you are not allergic to alcohol is a sports bar... especially those chosen by Browns backers. There have to be a couple in the metroplex area. Here's the locator...

http://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/backers/tracker.php

Would be a great option for you and your less obnoxious brethren with a new found interest in the Browns.

I've had Sunday Ticket since 1999 and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Not just the benefit of watching the Browns from my own house every Sunday but being able to pick and choose what other game I want to watch on a Sunday is priceless.

For those with Sunday Ticket, if you stream the game on your laptop, is there a limit to the amount of people signed into the account at once? For example, a friend and I split the cost of an account and we can both watch games simultaneously on different computers? I'm not sure how Sunday Ticket works their licensing agreements and if they limit viewing like Netflix does.

Can't help you there. I've never tried watching anything on the computer.

Just did a little research and unfortunately you can only have one viewer at a time. Damn. What a cashcow DirecTV has.

Thanks for the tips. I will look for that $100 for Browns games possibility as the season nears. I don't follow the cowgirls or the texians anyway. I never drink and drive so a sports bar is out. Losing a good friend to a drunk driver spoiled me on that forever.

Thanks for the info! Its incredibly unpopular being a Browns fan here, which I love! You'll stop in a restaurant or mall and talk to a complete stranger if you see them with a browns hat.

my friends respect the fact that i'm a fan of a team that hasn't done much in decades. other people are amazed that i 'still' root for the browns. i've only met one other fan since being in NY and that was in the city by chance. before NY i lived outside of boston for years and was even more of a standout. after leaving ohio in 1980 i've prob met 2 or 3 people that even know what is relevant with the browns.

of course that's all changed now.

The steaming was always offered at additional charge...

Whatever y'all decide, just don't take any DTV deal over one-year (in the past they've always been year-to-year with "automatic renewal") as this coming season is the last of their current NFL deal. AT&T has even made an offer to buy DTV contingent on DTV retaining the Sunday Ticket package.

There is a site, but it's not going to be HD and you need to make sure your virus protection is up to date and working great. It's free, but not exactly legal as far as I know. I've used it for years to stream games and haven't really had an issue.

I can't post the link here for several reasons, but you can PM if you want it. Honestly, if you can afford Sunday Ticket, go with that.

Or you can down load ad blocker. The big problem with those sites is they spam you with pop ups and the pop ups are what try to download things onto your computer. Ad Block is free and it stops pop ups and ads that play during videos.

the worse thing with those 'free' sites somewhere on some island that the FBI can't F with is the delay.

i like to go to the tavern here on the board if i'm not out watching the game. of course it's jets or giants so i have in the past used one of those sites while simultaneously in the tavern where people are watching the game live and you already know the outcome of the play before you get to see it.

i like to go to the tavern here on the board if i'm not out watching the game. of course it's jets or giants so i have in the past used one of those sites while simultaneously in the tavern where people are watching the game live and you already know the outcome of the play before you get to see it.

Ah... that's the reason... I always assumed you were just a bit "slow".

DTV is also a beat slower than network feed via a cable or airwaves...

Archived