THE BROWNS BOARD

Note about Godzilla

OK, WSS and I saw this movie together about a week ago, and I will not step on his toes with a review, except to state that this movie makes out the humans in this story to be extraordinarily stupid.

I guess I could put in a SPOILER ALERT here. Not that I think it matters.

So, OK you have the male Mothra who is in Japan who wants to make it to the female Mothra who has broken out of jail if you will in Nevada. And Godzilla is supposed to be some alpha predator who is chasing daddy Mothra from Japan to Hawaii then on to the US west coast.

The humans learn that Mother Mothra is looking for radiation energy to fertilize her eggs, so they put a nuclear weapon with lots of radiation on it on a train for Momma Mothra to chase down. They figure that they need to lure the Mothras and Godzilla to a place where they all three can meet up and have their big confrontation.

So? Where do they lure Momma Mothra to? The Nevada desert? The northern coast of California where the population is sparse? The Bonneville Salt flats or some similar remote uninhabited locale? Out to sea somewhere?

Of course not. They lure Mothra right into the heart of San Francisco Bay and the City of San Francisco.

Smart thinking Butch....lure the big bad monsters right into the heart of the biggest nearby population center.

And for your sequel what will you do? Move Godzilla to the Atlantic and have him fight him not in the jungles of the Amazon or the sands of the Sahara, but in New York, London or the like?

At least have them tear up like Miami, or Havana.

was that japanese people wearing blackface trying to be africans?

man i remember watching that shit in the 70s and laughing my ass off. i don't know anyone that was ever scared watching a guy in a giant lizard suit fighting a fake stuffed moth on a string.

japanese make good rice wine and sushi, not monster movies.

Archived